Why Does Bitdefender Say "Device Limit Reached"?

Ok so I had bitdefender on my last computer but I recently switched computers. However, even though I removed my last computer from my subscription, it still says on my new device limit reached. How do I install Bitdefender now?

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

In simple words, your subscription needs to be "refreshed".

Since that can be done only by the Bitdefender staff, @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD (they both work at Bitdefender) can do that.

Please note that when the subscription will be refreshed, it will be necessary to re-install protection on all devices via your Bitdefender Central account.

Because only @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD can have full access to your Bitdefender Central account, they will tell you the steps for the re-installation process.

So, wait for their response.

Regards.

• Hello @nighttime095 and welcome to the Community!

If you have removed the previous device from Central, you may uninstall Bitdefender from that device as well, if possible. Follow the steps described in this article:

Logout and login again in your Central account using your new device and you should see the options to install protection.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• @Alexandru_BD,

Don't think your solution works. I've been gettin devices limit since January and been uninstalling and reinstalling it and still getting logged out. I've contacted support and they say they are aware of the issue and will inform me of the solution through an automatic update. If i'm logged out from BD, will it still automatically update?

• Hello @Cantmein,

Indeed, there have been several reports on the "device limit reached" message, predominantly received when installing on a MAC device. Obviously, it’s not a case of trying to install on more devices than the subscription covers. The first reports arrived last month and were collected by our Support engineers for the product developers to investigate. There is an ongoing task to resolve this and if you have already contacted our Support Teams, please wait for further updates from their side.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Any solutions yet for Mac???

I've bought 2 subscriptions with more than enough coverage for devices owned to resolve this, but neither subscription is working due to "Devices limit reached". Malware protection is not something to wait to get updated a couple months.

All our family laptops are vulnerable...🙄

Please advise.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited April 2023

Just wait for the admin's @Mike_BD, @Alexandru_BD to check on this and respond you back. They usually are not available during weekends and neither is the support team, hence creating a ticket will also not make any sense.

If you need a solution at the earliest, kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either via chat or over a call.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Thanks for replying, @Flexx , @AlohaBlueSky wrote us in private, we'll take from there.

Cheers!

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB