Failure of renewal

My Bitdefender Total Security expires in 2 days. I cannot renew without going to your renewal page at an excessive price, I have purchased a One-time code, uninstalled , reinstalled and applied the new code to activate.

It now still shows expiry in 2 days! WHY?

Comments

• Hello @CLD and welcome to the Community!

Your Total Security license expires on 2023/04/12 indeed and I could not find a new activation to extend protection for the account registered on this forum.

When manually renewing your cybersecurity solution, it is not necessary to uninstall and reinstall the product from the devices, you can simply redeem your activation code in Central and Bitdefender will draw its validity and configuration from there, for all devices covered by that license/subscription.

In which account did you activate the new code? Please do not post your email address nor activation code here, you can send me a PM and I can check this for you. Because if the code was activated in a different account, you will have to synchronize Bitdefender with that Central account, using the switch account feature.

I will provide the next steps once I receive your message, I must find out what happened first.

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru. Thanks for reply. I purchased a Bitdefender Activation card via Amazon in Feb 2023 in view of high renewal cost on your website. When I tried to renew in my online account. I could not see an option to renew except by going through your Renewal page. I ignored that and used my Activation code from my card. The webpage then gave a message that I was already activated with an Expiry date of 12 April 2023!

I then downloaded Bitdefender deletion file and deleted Bitdefender and then downloaded it again, The webpage came up again with a message that I was Active, with expiry on 12 April 2023.

In frustration I have now paid again for renewal on your renewal page at a cost of just over 37GBP. I am still waiting for a link to activate the new Total Security package which has not come through yet .

I have now paid twice for renewal.

Your help would be useful

Thanks

Clive Davis

• Hello @CLD,

I have located your manual renewal order and noticed that the validity was extended accordingly to 2024.

In regards to the Amazon purchase, can you tell me if the order was placed using the official Bitdefender Amazon store? Also, could you please provide me with the activation code for this purchase privately, so I can further check? You can send me a PM by clicking on my user profile.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user