Central Login Repeatedly Returns to Login Page

I keep getting redirected back to the Login page.

Process:

1) Enter email address at central.bitdefender.com

2) Enter Password

3) Enter Two-Factor Authentication from email.

4) Return to login page @ central.bitdefender.com

I have tried on two different PCs in latest Edge and Chrome.

It looks like some others have had similar issues over the years but don't see any resolutions. I am unable to add new devices or manage my subscription.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Hello.

Reading other posts with the same (or at least similar) issue, i think the problem happens only with Two-Factor Authentication from email.

I also have Two-Factor Authentication enabled, but i use the 2F application Authy, instead of email and never had any problems logging to Bitdefender Central.

Here are 2 screenshots i have just took on my laptop.

After entering e-mail and password:

After entering the 6-digit code from Authy:

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail here (scroll down to the bottom of the page):

because only they can have access to your Bitdefender Central account.

Also @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD (they both work at Bitdefender) could take a look here and your Bitdefender Central account and if possible find a solution.

Regards.

• Hello @SmudgeUSA,

If the issue is related to the 2-Factor Authentication feature, we could try to disable it temporarily to allow acces. I would also recommend to clear the cache and cookies beforehand.

Try to login now. If the login is successful this time, check the article below on steps to re-activate the 2-Factor Authentication feature (if you wish to do so) and more information regarding this additional security layer:

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you @Gjoksi79_ for the introduction 🙂

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• @Alexandru_BD I have the same problem. Every time I try to log into Bitdefender Central it becomes an endless loop in the same way described by @SmudgeUSA. Like him I have tried on at least 2 different computers and with both Edge and Chrome. (I think I may also have tried with Firefox.) I frequently clear my cache and cookies and have done so before each of my attempts to sign onto Bitdefender Central. Also, before my attempts today I installed the latest Windows updates. One of my subscriptions is going to expire in a few days and I want to reallocate my devices to my other subscription before that expiration. My 2-Factor Authentication is currently by email.

• Hello @enyaL321 and thank you for reaching out.

Please try to login again now and let me know the result.

In regards to device allocation, this can be done manually indeed, but in the event a subscription expires and there is another one active in your Central account, that can cover the operating systems of your devices, they will be automatically assigned to that subscription, to ensure continuous protection.

Cheers

• @Alexandru_BD

Thanks for the quick response. Now it loops back to the input email page immediately after I enter my password without going through the 2FA. I am pleased to hear that the devices will be automatically reassigned.

Oh, I deleted my cookies and cleared my cache before my sign on attempts. I also restarted my computer before those sign on attempts. Have I tried too many times and became locked out?

• Hi,

Your Central account does not appear to be locked due to many unsuccessful login attempts. Try to login using an incognito window as well. I have disabled 2FA to allow temporary login and you can also try to reset your account password.

If you are still unable to login, kindly get in touch with our Support Teams for further investigation. You can contact our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Regards

• StanislavTrifan
    edited September 2022

I do have same issue, and not sure how to fix it. Was able to login here but not able to login in the central

• Hello @StanislavTrifan,

If you have enabled the 2-Factor Authentication feature, kindly contact the Support Teams for further assistance.

You can get in touch with the Support representatives by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

You can also click on the '"forgot password" option to reset it:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• SgtGlitter
    edited October 2022

@Alexandru_BD

I am also having the same difficulties described on this thread. I am on a continuous loop when trying to log in to Bitdefender Central; after I enter username and password, it loops me back to entering my username.

I have followed all of the advice listed by Bitdefender (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1993/). I have also tried logging in with Firefox, Edge, and have also tried using a private window in Firefox. I have tried logging in from different devices registered to my account on which I also have the Bitdefender product installed. I phoned Bitdefender support department for assistance and the representative I spoke with said that my issue would need to be escalated and someone would get back to me by email. This conversation occurred several hours ago.

I don't know if this is related, but I have two 'unused' installations on my 5-device account and am trying to install the service on a fourth device. The link I have generated from my Bitdefender app on one of my installed devices appears to be incomplete and fails to allow me to install on the fourth device, instead routing me to options for setting up a new account. I assume that these issues are somehow related?

• Hello @SgtGlitter and welcome to the Community!

I have located your open ticket and asked my colleagues to respond as soon as possible. The usual response timeframe may vary between 12 to 24hrs, depending on the number of incoming requests.

Please try to login once again now and let me know the result. If the issue persists, kindly wait for the engineers to reply on the case.

Regards

• Thank you so much for your response, @Alexandru_BD ! The problem persists to today. And it has now been more than 24 hours since I contacted support. The only reason I am 'in a hurry' is that while this issue persists, I seem to be unable to add more devices to my account. The links being generated from my desktop app are incomplete and don't work. And in the meantime, I have a new device that I can't/won't use until it is protected.

I appreciate your help. I continue to wait to hear from your engineers.

Grateful for you!

• Hi @SgtGlitter,

You are most welcome, just doing my best to help. You will hear from the engineers shortly.

I hope the situation is resolved swiftly.

Cheers

• @StanislavTrifan, @enyaL321, @SmudgeUSA Have any of you had resolution to this matter for yourselves? I'm just wondering if anyone on this thread has actually received a satisfactory conclusion to this known issue.

I want to say this: Yes, I realize that I probably don't need to get into Bitdefender Central. HOWEVER, whatever this issue is IS ALSO KEEPING ME FROM BEING ABLE TO INSTALL BITDEFENDER ON ANOTHER DEVICE. While this issue persists, the 'install' links that I generate from Bitdefender Total Security direct me to set up a new account, not add an additional device. I have a five-device account with two remaining devices available which I am UNABLE TO USE.

The headline of this post is, finally, this response I have had for all of my efforts from the Bitdefender service team:

"I have looked into the case and it seems that the situation is caused by an issue that has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix that will be done by means of an automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end."

In my own case, after my initial call to support and speaking with a live person, I was told my case needed to be 'escalated.' Two days later, I received an email from Bitdefender asking me to describe the problem and send screenshots. I was taken aback by this for several reasons, not least of which the fact that this is obviously a 'known issue' as evidenced in this thread, Answer 1993, and other forums on the Internet including Reddit and other 'geekier' software discussion spaces. I spent several hours before I even phoned support executing every troubleshooting mechanism Bitdefender suggests in Answer 1993 plus other suggestions from other Bitdefender forums, phoning support directly, and reaching out to the Expert Community. TWO DAYS later, I received an email request for more information on a known issue.

I complied with the request, sent a detailed description of the problem, and sent screenshots.

And then I get a response that is, essentially, "Sorry that you are unable to use a product that you paid for. We know it's a problem (and we've known it's a problem for a long time). We'll get around to solving it eventually. Good luck."

If I'm going to have to make another purchase to protect my fourth device, I'm going to look at a product that has actual customer support, I think.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited October 2022

Hi @SgtGlitter,

I have asked my colleagues from the Support Teams to prioritize your request and I have noticed they have replied to you yesterday. According to their findings, there is a bug involved and a fix for this Bitdefender behavior is still undergoing development. The development teams don't have an estimated time for the release of the fix yet, but they will contact you as soon as it's implemented by an automatic update.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards

• I recently (December into January 2023) am having this exact same issue. I cannot log in from my desktop computer, I have tried three browsers that previously worked (Chrome, Opera, Edge - all updated). Cleared cache, did the 2FA via my email login address, same loop. I don't know what else to do. I tried logging in from my cell phone (the device I am trying to activate my subscription on) and got the same problem. Please contact me. Thank you.

• Hello @ejbenson1973,

It will be necessary to get in touch with the Support Teams for more in-depth troubleshooting, as we won't be able to resolve this login issue on the forum. In the event the basic steps to correct this did not return the expected result, more information might be required from your account and the engineers have the right tools to provide further assistance. There have been several reports concerning this login loop and an investigation was already opened for the development teams to tackle this. Your inquiry will be linked to the ongoing investigation, and this way you will also be notified whenever the fix is deployed, in the event a workaround is not available on the spot.

Click on the link below to choose your desired contact channel:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• I am having this same problem-I am trying to protect a new device but cannot even log into my account!

• Hello @redjeni2002,

If you are experiencing the login loop, kindly get in touch with our engineers for further assistance. You can reach them using one of the contact channels available at the link below:

As mentioned earlier on this thread, there is a bug involved and a fix for this Bitdefender behavior is still undergoing development. As such, some users may encounter this behaviour during login, but the engineers should be able to provide further assistance and a workaround.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• I have the same issue with no support beside please send us screen shots or reset your browser.

I've tried 3 different browsers computers networks and whatever still more than a month and can't access my account that had just been renewed for a lot of money

• clranum68
    clranum68 Christine

I am going on 2 months with this same issue, did all suggested troubleshooting, used various devices and browsers to no avail. I wish I had not renewed with them last month.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

The issue can only be resolved by the bitdefender support team.

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I am having the same issue.

• Flexx

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

• I'm having the exact same problem

• Flexx

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

Regards

• @jg1234 before contacting the Support teams, you can also try the following:

• clear cache/cookies
    • try another browser
    • try another device

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• @jg1234 We were having the same issue tonight. Had already did everything that the Bitdefender customer support recommended when we called them. It was running on our laptop but could not get past the constant login looping on the desktop. I finally changed the IP info and it worked.

Disclaimer: I am not an IT professional!

Here are the steps I did on a Windows 10 computer:

> Start

> Network & Internet

> Change Adapter Options

> Double click on your current connection

> Choose "Properties" that is located under your activity levels

> Single Click "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) then click Properties. Select "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically"

> Follow above instructions for "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv4)