Game Mode does NOT work!

BitDefenderIsAnnoying
BitDefenderIsAnnoying I HATE BITDEFENDER!

I tried to enable the so-called "Game Mode" in a hope to get rid of those moronic pop-ups, but I still keep getting them.

Let me be clear, I do NOT care why the pop-ups appear. I just don't want to see them, that's why I enabled "Game Mode" in the first place. But, it doesn't do anything.

Also, why the hell can't adjust the "Game Mode" settings? If I check/uncheck anything, it doesn't get saved, and reverts back to its default settings. I don't want BitDefender to mess with my power settings, ever!

Even though I paid for BitDefender, I already regret it. I'm THIS close to uninstalling it altogether, so I REALLY hope there's an actual solution for this crap.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Generate bitdefender BDsysLog: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1922/

Generate bitdefender support tool logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

Generate bitdefender connectivity logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/9689/

Share the logs & your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• BitDefenderIsAnnoying

I tried, but I failed. Those logs are too damn large that your mail system rejected the email. :facepalm:

Good job, BitDefender!

BDSP is 19 MB, bdsyslog is 8 MB, and as for "connectivity_issues.exe" it doesn't generate anything. I ran it twice, and all it says "DONE", and that's it.

<bitsy@bitdefender.com>: message size 39696110 exceeds size limit 35000000 of server mail.bitdefender.com[91.199.104.2]

• Flexx
    edited April 2023

If the generated logs are larger in size, you can upload the logs to google drive or we.tl (7days link validity for free users) or ask the support team to provide you with the online link & password of bitdefender cloud where you can upload the logs and share the upload link with the support team.

Regards

• Hello,

I'll jump in here to let you know that we've seen this behavior before and it will be necessary for the engineers to have a closer look, as there can be multiple causes behind this. However, I could not locate your open ticket, would you be so kind to share it with us, so we can ask our Support Teams for an update?

In regards to the notifications displayed, the "Suspicious connection blocked" pop up is triggered by Bitdefender’s Online Threat Prevention module, whenever there is an attempt to access an HTTPS domain that has security certificate issues. To find out how to supress this notification, click on the article below:

In regards to the "Threat detected" pop up, as a safety measure you will be notified each time threats and potentially malicious processes are detected and blocked. Security alerts can be found in most cybersecurity solutions and they are an important tool in monitoring and managing your protection.

You are correct by assuming that such alerts and pop-ups should be disabled whenever the Game Profile is enabled, thus if the feature is not working as expected and does not respect the preferences, the engineers can troubleshoot this and provide further assistance.

Thank you

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• BitDefenderIsAnnoying
    edited May 2023

This is the reply I got from BitDefender support, the ticket number is 1008298023.

That was 18 days ago, and I've yet to hear about a solution. And even though BitDefender has just updated right, I tested it and I still can't change the settings of ANY profile (same issue shown in GIF in original post). As for the other issue of me seeings those useless pop-ups, I haven't tested with the new update and I will not try to test until the other bug is fixed first.

Hello,

Thank you for your patience please accept my apologies for the frustration that we might have caused.

I have looked into the case and it seems that the situation is caused by an issue that has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix that will be done by means of an automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end.

I will get back to you with an update regarding the fix as soon as we have one.

Thank you once again and have a nice day ahead!

Best regards,

Stefan S.

Technical Support Engineer

• Flexx

If this is a known issue it will take some time for the developers to fix it. If you think it has been 18 days, it is still a very short time for the developers to fix it since there are hundreds of bugs that developers have to deal on daily basis and all the bugs are categorized on the basis of their severity and not in accordance of user feedback.

That being said in order to fix the bug that may be more severe than what you have reported, complete code of the software has to be checked, rewritten and then tested. As I said, there might be some more severe bugs that may be pending with the developers and once those will be sorted then only your issue will be taken care of. And this process is not only limited to bitdefender, it is for all the software developers. You can reply back to the same support email and ask the support team for an estimated time of resolution from the developers.

More information on this can be provided by @Alexandru_BD, @Mike_BD

Regards

• BitDefenderIsAnnoying

As a developer myself, I can assureyou, 18 days is most definitely NOT a "very short time" to fix a known bug. In fact, in my experience, the easiest bugs to fix, are the ones you (the developer) can replicate yourself.

As for "hundreds of bugs that developers have to deal on daily basis", I don't even know how to address such a nonsensical statement.

In any case, I can only wait for now with little to no hope (and a lot of regret). For now, I've disabled "Online Threat Prevention" altogether. Because, believe it or not, weakened security is far more tolerable than those idiotic pop-ups.

• Flexx

Related to bugs that developer get on daily basis, let's say for example microsoft which have one of the best software developers in the world take a month or two to patch a bug or vulnerability that are reported to them. Not everything can be done as we think. As I told you, it is up to the developers of the software company how fast they want to patch a vulnerability or bug in their software according to their severeness.

Regards

• Hello,

A fix for this Bitdefender behavior is still undergoing development. I do not have an estimated time for the release of the fix yet, but the Support agents will let you know as soon as it's implemented by an automatic update of Bitdefender.

Please keep in mind that all reported bugs require investigation time. Since product updates are usually released once a month, it may take at least 1 month until a fix is implemented in the product - this does not include the debugging period.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• BitDefenderIsAnnoying
    edited June 2023

It's been two months since I started this thread.

I keep turning off a module after another, lowering my overall security, and defeating the purpose Bitdefender is supposed to serve. The last module I had to turn off was the webcam protection, I got sick of it blocking Skype (which I use on a daily basis) no matter how many times I whitelist it.

I'm tired of how obtuse Bitdefender is. It feels like a grumpy old man with memory issues.

It's a waste of money already paid, but lesson learned I guess.

It's time to move on. Bitdefender, thanks for nothing!

I give up..