Bitdefender Mobile Anomaly scan

Hey,

Recently I got an update for my mobile app and there is a new security feature named Anomaly scan..... Is there somewhere I can have some explanation regarding this new feature, I can't find anything about it.

Thanks in advance,

Sven

Best Answer

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

The anomaly scan is a new detection technology that has been integrated into bitdefender mobile security for android.

The technology has been introduced in version 3.3.203.2224 and for beta tester it was available a long time ago. Currently I am using bitdefender mobile security for android beta version 3.3.205.33

Anomaly scan in bitdefender mobile security for android is similar to advanced threat defense in bitdefender for windows which typically scans the application based on their behaviour for which traditional malware signatures have still not been released.

More information on anomaly scan can be provided by @agozob

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

What version of Bitdefender Mobile Security do you have installed on your Android phone?

I have version 3.3.202.2210 installed on my Android phone, but can't find a feature called Anomaly Scan.

Also, you could post a screenshot of the feature here.

Regards.

• Hey Gjoksi

I have version 3.3.203.2224..

Also new scanning download map...

Can't post screenshot... Getting warning I have to be around a little longer..?!

• Gjoksi
    edited April 2023

Hello again.

In that case, just wait for @Alexandru_BD's or @Mike_BD's reply on your post.

You could also contact Bitdefender Mobile Support by e-mail:

bms@bitdefender.com

Regards.

• Hi,

Indeed, App Anomaly Detection is a Bitdefender Mobile Security feature that protects against apps that are trying to monitor your activity, steal financial data, personal data, social media logins, actual money, cryptocurrencies, NFTS & others.

App Anomaly Detection requires Android 6 and later.

@Kempie you should be able to post images and links in your comments now.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks for the answers...

I like how you keep updating and perfecting the app.

Keep up the good work!

A happy customer. 👍

• Gjoksi
    edited April 2023

Hello again.

I just got version 3.3.203.2227 and there's also another new feature called "Download Scan".

Regards.