Re-introduce "Bitdefender File Vault" which has been discontinued

Please introduce 256 bit encrypted file vault for storing files and other data over Windows PC. This feature was present in the previous version of Bitdefender few years ago named "Bitdefender File Vault" but it was discontinued and discarded by Bitdefender because according to Bitdefender only a small number of users were using this feature which may be correct or may not be. I know it requires a certain amount of knowledge and a tech savy person can do that easily. So please re introduce it as this feature may come in handy and useful for those who want to use it.

Tagged:
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Hello @The_Eagle_007,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It means a great deal to us.

Bitdefender is committed to delivering innovative, effective security solutions to our customers. As technologies and threats evolve, Bitdefender continues to proactively develop and shape its solution set. The resulting new solutions and feature modifications often lead to a need to discontinue older software revisions and products and some features may be removed as well, to make room for other developments.

The developers always analyze feature requests based on many criteria and some will not be implemented even if they may have low complexity, as long as they do not provide value for a relevant mass of users. The priority is to develop new things that bring additional benefits and protection for all users, as the threat landscape evolves.

In regards to the File Vault, the End of Life announcement can be found at the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/32563/

There are no plans to bring back the File Vault in the foreseeable future, however, I have noted your suggestion and will forward your valuable feedback to our product teams for analysis.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I too would like to see the File Vault re-introduced to the lineup of products. This was something that I was using on a daily basis. I was very disappointment that Bitdefender choose to remove it. Please add me to the list of individuals who are requesting that it be added back in. When my subscription comes due again, I will be looking for a product that includes something similar to the File Vault.

Doug