Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac: 9.2.0.33

What is the current version of Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac?  Although the Bitdefender article "How do I update Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac?" states that the current version is 9.2.0.12, a Bitdefender customer support representative indicated that 9.2.0.33 has been released and is generally available - even though the Bitdefender application on my iMac (macOs 13.3.1) fails to detect and download the update.

Thank you for your assistance.

P.S.: The community thread "Product updates and release notes" does not contain a description of version 9.2.0.33, possibly suggesting that it has not, in fact, been released?

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

The product updates are released in batches and not at once. So, you will have to wait until you will receive the latest update.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Pleonasm
    Pleonasm ✭✭✭

@Flexx, to clarify, are you saying that Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac 9.2.0.33 has in fact been released - and, the rollout is now underway (but gradual)?

Thank you.

P.S.: Can you please share the release notes for 9.2.0.33?

• Flexx

If the bitdefender support has confirmed that the latest version for mac is 9.2.0.33 then you will receive the updates in batches but not on immediate basis or as you said gradually. Some people might have already received it and some may have to wait, eventually all users will receive the latest update, the question to when has no exact answer.

Release notes can only be provided by @Alexandru_BD or @Mike_BD

Regards

• Flexx

@Alexandru_BD, @Mike_BD can you also share the release notes for mac version as you do for windows and android version. It may benefit mac users also.

Regards

• Pleonasm
    Pleonasm ✭✭✭

@Flexx, more than two weeks have elapsed since I first learned of the “availability” of Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac 9.2.0.33.  Since it has not been pushed to my iMac (and since no other community members have confirmed its existence), I am suspicious that the release may have been suspended.  Can you please confirm whether version 9.2.0.33 is currently being distributed?

P.S.:  @Alexandru_BD, can you please provide the release notes for Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac 9.2.0.33?  (Thank you.)

• Flexx
    edited April 2023

@Alexandru_BD, @Mike_BD can only help you with this since they both work for bitdefender. I would request you to please wait for their response since they are not available on the forum during the weekends.

Additionally, I had a conversation with the bitdefender chat support and have shared the chat transcript below. If I receive any update regarding this on my email I will update this post.

Chat Transcript

Q: Please detail your request below.

A: What is the latest version of Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac

𝗩𝗹𝗮𝗱 𝗙. : Hello Flexx. How may I help you?

𝗙𝗹𝗲𝘅𝘅 : May I know the latest version of Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac

𝗩𝗹𝗮𝗱 𝗙. : Please allow me a couple of moments to locate your account, thank you!

𝗙𝗹𝗲𝘅𝘅 : sure

Vlad F.  : Thank you for your patience, the latest version for Antivirus for MAC is 9.2.0.12, and you can check more details about that here: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/32547/

𝗙𝗹𝗲𝘅𝘅 : I am currently the moderator of bitdefender community forum, and one user of bitdefender had a conversation with the support, and they confirmed that the latest version for Bitdefender for Mac is 9.2.0.33

𝗙𝗹𝗲𝘅𝘅 : Can you reconfirm

𝗩𝗹𝗮𝗱 𝗙. : One moment, please.

𝗙𝗹𝗲𝘅𝘅 : sure

𝗩𝗹𝗮𝗱 𝗙. : THANK YOU.

𝗩𝗹𝗮𝗱 𝗙. : Thank you, I apologize for the caps lock.

𝗙𝗹𝗲𝘅𝘅 : no problem

𝗩𝗹𝗮𝗱 𝗙. : Thanks.

𝗩𝗹𝗮𝗱 𝗙. : Thank you for your patience, I can confirm that the latest version for MAC is 9.2.0.33.

𝗙𝗹𝗲𝘅𝘅 : but the thing is that it has been 2 weeks but still the user has not received an in product upgrade for 9.2.0.33, how much time does it takes to get a new release, what is the maximum time frame, I know the updates are released in batches but what is the maximum timeframe

𝗩𝗹𝗮𝗱 𝗙. : Before we proceed, onto which operating system is this happening?

𝗙𝗹𝗲𝘅𝘅 : macOs 13.3.1

𝗩𝗹𝗮𝗱 𝗙. : I see, does it have any other antiviruses installed?

𝗙𝗹𝗲𝘅𝘅 : no

𝗙𝗹𝗲𝘅𝘅 : if you are able to, you can check this bitdefender community forum link where the user has posted his query https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/comment/323795#Comment_323795

𝗩𝗹𝗮𝗱 𝗙. : Okay, also, were any notifications received in regards to this update process or any update process in the past 2 weeks? Sure thing, I will forward that one to the appropriate department as well for check-up.

𝗙𝗹𝗲𝘅𝘅 : i don't have that information since being a moderator of bitdefender community i am trying to help the user

𝗩𝗹𝗮𝗱 𝗙. : I see, okay, in this case, I will escalate this situation to my colleagues from the second level of support. After that, our technicians will send you an email in the shortest time possible regarding the issue presented.

𝗙𝗹𝗲𝘅𝘅 : sure, and additionally, can they also share the change in logs for v 9.2.0.33, what all has changed in this version

𝗩𝗹𝗮𝗱 𝗙. : Sure thing, I can add this request in to the case as well for you.

𝗙𝗹𝗲𝘅𝘅 : sure thanks for the help and when can i expect a reply

𝗩𝗹𝗮𝗱 𝗙. : You're most welcome. The response should be as fast as possible, I cannot provide a specific ETA, unfortunately. Would there be anything else that I can help you with?

𝗙𝗹𝗲𝘅𝘅 : no thanks for your help, it was great talking with you.

𝗩𝗹𝗮𝗱 𝗙. : No worries, it was my pleasure. Likewise. Thank you for reaching us today. Our customer care team is always at your disposal and any feedback you have for us is always welcomed.

Regards

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited April 2023

Hello,

I confirm the current version of Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac is indeed 9.2.0.12.

The version 9.2.0.33 is for Netgear users. So, perhaps there was some confusion there.

The next update for Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac should be rolled out in approximately 2 weeks time, but we cannot confirm the final release date yet. I'll make sure to update the release notes once it's deployed.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Pleonasm
    Pleonasm ✭✭✭

@Flexx , thank you for reaching out to Bitdefender Support through chat. Your effort is most appreciated.

@Alexandru_BD, thank you for clarifying the confusion about the current version of Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac. I am pleased to see that NETGEAR Armor users are receiving an update for Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac.

• Flexx

So, I also received a same response from the support team yesterday as @Alexandru_BD quoted. Below is the response from support team.

Regards

• Guilhermesene
    Guilhermesene Defender of the month ✭✭✭

Hi @Alexandru_BD,

Thank you for the information 😉

As always you do a great job, always with useful information.

• Flexx
    edited April 2023

I just received an update from the bitdefender support regarding the change in logs for mac.

The 9.2.0.33 update brings the Netgear version of Antivirus for MAC in line with version 9.2.0.12 of Bitdefender's Antivirus for MAC. The most notable changes are:

• fixed BDLDaemon uses a lot of resources
    • fixed TM protection blocks TM back-ups

Regards