Safepay and Bitdefender Wallet

ittiandro
ittiandro
edited May 2023 in Password Manager

I alwyays do my Stock trading transactions through my Bank on Safepay.

What additional protection does the Wallet option give?

Thanks

Franco

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Bitdefender Wallet has come to end of life and no more development or security fix will be issued for it. Bitdefender wallet has been replaced with Bitdefender Password Manager.

Kindly have a look at end of life for bitdefender wallet in below stated link

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/84171/

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• According to what I have read, Password Manager doesn't work inside Safepay and there is no replacement for Wallet when using the Secure Browser. Not a good selling point for the new product in my opinion and could suggest that maybe BD will be getting rid of Safepay too.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited May 2023

Hello @MJP01,

For now, the ability to use Password Manager with Safepay is not available, but the development teams are working on enabling this compatibility in the near future. Since work is being carried out on this integration, there are no plans to decommission Safepay.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited May 2023

@ittiandro Safepay can still be used without the Wallet. When using Safepay, you can automatically fill out credit card details in billing fields and your passwords in login fields by clicking the Bitdefender Wallet button.

As @Flexx mentioned above and according to the EOL announcement thread, the Wallet will be decommissioned in favor of Bitdefender Password Manager, our new, more advanced offering. But you can keep using the Wallet with full capabilities until October 15, 2023 and you will also benefit from an extended Password Manager trial.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user