Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender does not scan all files

The_Eagle_007
edited January 18 in Mobile Security

Please make changes to the Bitdefender for android so that it scans all the files and directories and all the apps including system apps as well. I am pretty sure it does not scan the system apps yet. As a user I do not feel much secure while using it. Hope in future things changes.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited July 2022

Bitdefender for android will only scan for installed applications. Also, it will scan for any .apk setup files available on your smartphone.

You need to understand that if by chance, lets say, bitdefender or any other antimalware product detects any malware within the system files, still they will not be able to remove or uninstall that system file since it is a system file belonging to Android OS & the Android will not allow to make any changes to it's OS by any third party application.

Those malware detected in system files can only be deleted if you root your android which bypasses all the security restrictions and rooting the android poses various risk.

So, including a full system scan is totally useless and not at all needed.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited January 17

Hello @The_Eagle_007,

In addition to @Flexx post above, please note the following:

Bitdefender Mobile Security scans all installed applications and .apk files. There are a few system paths we do not scan as:

1. System applications SHOULD not be infected;

2. Applications installed in those locations cannot be uninstalled anyway.

Mobile Security will make sure that the Android device stays clean by automatically scanning any application immediately after its install. So it will no longer scan those apps that have been scanned before or that have not been altered in any way. The only scanning option on Android is to scan the storage or not, and this is enabled by default. You can adjust the Scan Storage option from the Settings menu. However, it won't scan system applications.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• In the situation that your phone has been infected and then corrupted with in the system files and you have Factory erased multiple times and multiple phones every antivirus including the ones that come with Samsung has never noticed the problem. And the more time that goes by trying to fix the problem and nobody seems to understand until what I've just read from you too so the more time that goes by without any real incident I slowly get locked out of making any changes to the phone or the now 590 apps that seem to be installed somehow on my phone even though I've only got 81 apps and files that bitdefender scans.

I have been having this issue since 2017 best guess. Have tried many things such as Factory erase first phone did nothing remove the malware and then try new phones plural cheaper prepaid plans different phones however I'm assuming that the infected phone was close enough to the cheaper prepaid phones and within days had become the same as the original infection which over time prevents me from accessing most of the data and prevents me from removing any app or stop permissions now when I had my first at 20 Ultra it was nearly six or nine months before I had to warranty with the phone being exchanged for a refurbished one after that point have four different refurbished ones sent and always been told it's just what happens when they do that now what is your or anyone's opinion on how to proceed with removing these things I believe it's infected all devices in my home

• Bitdefender should run a full system scan.

1. A user has the right to know if there's a malware on their device even if the security app (bitdefender) can't remove the malware. At least the user is notified to be careful and send their phone to an expert for jailbreaking and removing the virus.

2. Bitdefender can have a feature where it gains access to remove system files if the user allows jailbreak on their accountability.

3. You could make a third party app that runs from a pc connected to phone like Amnesty MVT, but with easier interface and user friendly.

• Hailboy_12345
    edited August 2023

I am using Redmi note 11 pro + 5g. It already has a built-in MI Guard Security. But I still wish to install bitdefender free antivirus. Will they clash with each other??? Please do kindly let me know. Thank you.

• Flexx

The antimalware may or may not clash that is totally dependent on the database of malware definition they both hold.

Bitdefender has a larger database than MI Guard Security and MI guard Security has not been even tested in the wild and hardly anyone would know about it. So, it is better to use bitdefender as your antimalware solution for your android device.

Regards

• vltakacs
    edited January 17

I think the justification does not stand.

Even if those files cannot be removed by Bitdefender, we still should be AWARE of malicious content on our devices.

• Flexx
    edited January 17

Well, the motive of Bitdefender developers is to keep the product as simple as possible and not introduce any feature that is of no use. While your feedback is highly appreciated but I guess this feature will not be implemented.

More information on this can be provided by @agozob

Also, @vltakacs kindly stay active only in one post rather than commenting on different post. I see that you are also having conversation with @Alexandru_BD in below stated post.

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/comment/333526

Additionally, other users on whose post you are commenting have already marked the post as answered. Kindly create a new post if you have an issue with any Bitdefender product, as it creates confusion between users who have received the solution and those who, despite receiving a solution, are still not satisfied and try to comment on already resolved posts.

Regards

• Well, I don't agree with your premise but I accept it. Seeing this attitude, Maybe it is smarter for me if I switch AV provider. My trust in the company was destabilized based on these conversations.

• agozob
    agozob Team Lead, Cyber Threat Intelligence Lab BD Staff

Hi there,

As others suggested in this thread, there is no reason for us to scan the system apps because a stock device made by a reputable manufacturer will never contain malware in its system files. Additionally, system apps cannot be uninstalled and scanning them will only significantly increase the time it takes for a scan to complete.

We do scan updates of system apps though, since they can be uninstalled (i.e., the app is reverted to its system version).

• Flexx

As the answer has been provided, this post will be closed for further comments.

If you want to reopen the post, kindly contact any moderators or the administrator of the Bitdefender community forum.

Regards

This discussion has been closed.