App Anomaly Scan

Hello there everyone. I have a question about the new App Anomaly Scan feature in BitDefender Mobile Security. Will the feature scan applications automatically or only run if it detects app anomaly? Thank you and have a great day!

Comments

• Guilhermesene
    Guilhermesene Defender of the month ✭✭✭

Hi @cian.power,

Welcome to the Bitdefender community!

Well, when this option is active it automatically scans the running applications to identify any malicious behavior in the applications.

Making an analogy, we can say that it would be like a "Behavioral Blocker" for mobile devices that observes and looks for certain unusual behaviors in the applications.

Take care,

Stay safe

• So this is not a "malicious behavior" of a certain app?

• Guilhermesene

Hi @cian.power,

Indeed, App Anomaly Detection is a feature in Bitdefender Mobile Security that protects against apps that are trying to monitor your activity, steal financial data, personal data, social media logins, real money, cryptocurrencies, NFTS and others.

The anomaly checking in Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android is similar to the advanced threat defense in Bitdefender for Windows, which typically checks the app based on its behavior for which traditional malware signatures have not yet been released.

Perhaps @Alexandru_BD and @Flexx can provide you with more information on this.

Take care,

Stay safe

• Thank you for answering my query about the new feature of BitDefender Mobile Security. To be honest, I was quite worried that it detected some malicious app activity.

• (Correction: To be honest, I was quite worried that it "might" detected some malicious app activity when I saw that counter from 0 to 1.)

Sorry for the mistake that I've made...

• Guilhermesene

Hi @cian.power,

Rest assured, we are here to help wherever possible 🙂

About the counter changing from 0 to 1, honestly, that "sounds" the alarm on anyone. As it is a new feature implemented a short time ago, I can not tell you exactly much about it, as I told you maybe @Alexandru_BD or @Scott, can help you with more information about it.

I hope I have helped you as little as possible with this new feature.

Take care,

Stay safe

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

More information can be found in below stated community forum link There is already a discussion on this topic.

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/95735/bitdefender-mobile-anomaly-scan

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hi,

The App Anomaly Detection constantly monitors apps for suspicious behaviors, it's a real time app behavior scanner 😉

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hello. Is this free to activate or do I have to pay extra

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

It is free to activate since it is a part of latest version of bitdefender mobile security for android.

More information can be found in below stated community forum link. There is already a discussion on this topic.

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/95735/bitdefender-mobile-anomaly-scan

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Thank you

• Thank you very much cheers