Bitdefender Total Security and password manager

I bought an subscription for Total Security till 2026 cause i was satisfied which the product and loved the wallet. Now you stop supporting the wallet and even want money from me to migrate to the new password manager?

Thorsten

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Refund seems to be my only option, but at least i learned to never touch an bitdefender product again.

• Hello,

@Flexx I think we need to provide a bit more context here and explain @ThorstenH why this happens and point out that it is not mandatory to purchase Password Manager if it's not a satisfactory product for them.

Password Manager comes as a response to our user’s request for a more versatile solution available on the most important platforms. It has a plethora of bonus features that increase your privacy and in the unlikely event that you haven't heard of them yet, you can find out more by clicking here.

It is important to mention that Wallet and Bitdefender Password Manager are not the same product.

The Wallet decommissioning takes place in accordance with Bitdefender's End of Life policy that can be consulted below:

As it can be noticed, this is not something unusual, products and features have been decommissioned before, either to make room for more advanced versions or simply because they became obsolete as the cybersecurity landscape evolved.

Product retirements happen not only in the antivirus industry, but in other businesses as well. There comes a time when some products and services reach their end of life and I think this is a natural step in their evolution.

To make the transition seamless, you will also be able to claim an extended free trial of the new Bitdefender Password Manager through the Wallet section of your security solution. When the trial expires, you may purchase Bitdefender Password Manager and switch to this cross-platform service, if the product is suitable for your needs.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user