The current Bitdefender version, build number link.

Comments

• RedsFan
    RedsFan ✭✭✭

Hehe got this update this evening 26.0.34.145 whoohoo :-)

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

Excellent, not far behind us, and even on the same day. :) :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• RedsFan
    RedsFan ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Already had 26.0.34.145 from march 2 and This evening BD updated and had to restart my device ,but to a strange number again with 1000. from the fast ring ???

Its 3rd time i receive this strange update in last 4 months.

• @RedsFan yep, you got the "special one" πŸ˜„

I think it will change, eventually. Nothing to worry about, it's still up to date.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• RedsFan
    RedsFan ✭✭✭

Thanks to clarify , as long i'm good protected πŸ‘οΈ

• Scott

Wait for it, wait for it.. :) :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

I just got the latest build:

NOTE: For me, a device restart was required for the changes to take effect.

Regards.

• Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• RedsFan
    RedsFan ✭✭✭

Updated here too, no device restart needed.

• Gjoksi

Hello.

Regards.

• Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• The latest version 27.0.1.13 is the next major update.

When will it be updated?

let me know the detailsπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited April 2023

The latest version of bitdefender windows product is 26.0.35.169 as stated in the below support link also

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/32196/

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

Hi guys

I'm a little confused because I've not gotten build 26.0.35.169 yet. I'm still on version 26.0.34.162. πŸ˜”

Have you any idea why it takes that long? Will I get the latest build sometime as well or is the build only distributed on special computers with special software configurations? I see black there for me that the build still comes.

Thanks and best wishes, Uwe

• Hi @gur_helios

The version 26.0.35.169 rolled out on April 19thΒ and it is indeed the latest build. But this is just a minor update.

You can right click on the Bitdefender icon in the System Tray and select 'Update Now' to see if this update is available to you.

Regards

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭

Hi @Alexandru_BD

Yes, I know this regarding the right click on the icon. However, I think, as already written, that nothing more comes with me in terms of an update.

Regards

• dvsls
    dvsls ✭✭

It is a staged/slow rollout, it can take 1 week or it can take 2 months to reach all users. You can't do anything to get the update sooner. There are no special computers getting it first or special configs.

• Gjoksi

Hello.

NOTE: For me, a device restart was NOT required for the changes to take effect.

Regards.

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭

Me too. Build 26.0.35.174. πŸ˜ƒ

• Yes indeed, version 26.0.35.174 rolled out yesterday and the release notes are now available:

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/91738/product-updates-and-release-notes#latest

• Gjoksi

Hello.

Regards.

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭

Got it early this afternoon. 😊

• RedsFan
    RedsFan ✭✭✭

Some update on this strange/special one, update

My wife has this special one too for several months on her laptop and it never updates to a stable version, it always stay in that range of 26.1000

A few weeks ago It started with nagging popups with suspicious websites when she opens ms edge (new tab)

Today i uninstalled her BD and reinstalled, it updated to 26.0.36.193, after two hours the build was changed again in that range 26.1000

I think we will stop using BD because of this .... this is not normal anymore pffff ...

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited May 2023

Hi @RedsFan,

Your antivirus is part of the fast ring update and this means it's included in a batch that receives the most recent updates first hand in the rollout. So, it's unlikely for the version to change, even if it's uninstalled in this case.

However, I have asked our technicians to have a look and see if anything can be done. I think it's difficult to change this because they cannot simply remove a single randomly assigned user to another batch and there are some differences between the antivirus free updates and the other ones, so it's a separate update mechanism, as far as I know.

In regard to the notifications you receive, can you tell us more about them, maybe we can find ways to supress them? If you are getting the "suspicious connection blocked" pop-up, this has to do with an expired or invalid certificate and there are some steps to follow that usually resolve this:

Regards

• John7
    John7 ✭

Well June and I am still on 26.0.33 andBitdefender is a full version up on ths, 27.

• Flexx

Product updates are released in batches. You will get the update as soon as it is available for your batch and currently there is no information available in which batch your update has been aligned.

Regards

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

Hi folks

For some time I have been having display problems with Bitdefender. Here as an example the GUI for the firewall. The display problems show up exclusively in Bitdefender.

Addedum: As far as I can tell, the display problem only occurs in the firewall GUI.

Best wishes, Uwe

PS: I have a NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti. The driver version is the current one and I'm using Windows 11 Pro.

• Hi @gur_helios,

This could be caused by the screen resolution, or it might be just a visual glitch. Try to adjust the screen resolution and check which one fits best. I think the recommended screen resolution should be 1280 x 800 or higher.

If adjusting the resolution doesn't make a difference, you can try the repair steps from this article:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

@Alexandru_BD

Since it just happens in the Firewall window (not always, but often), it seems to be a kind of bug only there.

I have three active network adapters installed and they are displayed in the window as "vEthernet (Default Switch (Ethernet 2))", "vEthernet (Default Switch (Ethernet))" and "vEthernet (Default Switch (Wi-Fi 2))" which is wrong. Correctly, they should be displayed as "Ethernet", "VMware Network Adapter VMnet1" and "VMware Network Adapter VMnet8" as you can see in the screenshot below. You can also see that in the window "Stealth Mode", the three same adapters are displayed doubled and even more and and with the prefix "vEthernet". These ones shouldn't be displayed.

I will keep an eye on it and give you a feedback if I find a solution or they will be displayed correctly again.

By the way, I'm running Windows 11 Pro 22H2 (build 22621.1778).

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited June 2023

It looks like a visual glitch/bug, but this would still have to go through Support and engineering, so they can further report this to the development teams, if they determine there's indeed an issue here.

Head to the link below and share your findings with our Support engineers for further analysis. They will be able to advise accordingly.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and let us know how it goes.

Regards

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

Hi Alex

Yes, I will. After having done a reboot of my system, it looks normal again. But it won't stay like this very long I guess. Sooner or later the Firewall GUI will be displayed as mentioned above.

I will keep you up-to-date. 😊

Best wishes, Uwe

• Thanks, Uwe πŸ™‚πŸ‘οΈ

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

It seems to be that the culprit was the activated "Core isolation" (Memory integrity) in "Windows Security". Since I've been switched it off the Firewall window displays all adapters properly. But I will keep an eye on it if that was really the case. πŸ˜‰

Best wishes, Uwe

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

@Alexandru_BD

Short feedback. I've been not experiencing any GUI glitches in the Firewall window anymore since I turned of "Core isolation". Everything is displayed as it should be. πŸ‘οΈ

Best wishes, Uwe

• That's good news @gur_helios, thank you for following up and for sharing your findings.

Cheers! πŸ™‚πŸ‘οΈ

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭

@Alexandru_BD

Thanks Alex. It is indeed the core isolation that messes up the firewall window. πŸ˜ƒ

Can we submit the bug to the Bitdefender development team?

Cheers! ☺️

• Flexx

Generate bitdefender BDsysLog: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1922/

Generate bitdefender support tool logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

Generate bitdefender connectivity logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/9689/

Share the logs & your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

If the generated logs are larger in size, you can upload the logs to google drive or we.tl (7days link validity for free users) or ask the support team to provide you with the online link & password of bitdefender cloud where you can upload the logs and share the upload link with the support team.

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

• John7
    John7 ✭

Well now the 20th and well over a month or more since the 26 update. I’m pleased its known we are safe from any newer problems covered by any 26 updates let alone the 27 that Bitdefender has had out for months and some appear to have had via Netgear. I’m pleased how clever the system of determining the releases is with it knowing who is at most and least risk.

• Gjoksi

Hello.

Finally, build 27.x.xx.xx just came out of the oven:

Regards.

• Gjoksi

Hello.

Regards.

• Scott
    edited June 2023

Thanks for the heads-up. Confirmed on my end, too. No restart was required.

• Gjoksi
    edited July 2023

Hello.

Regards.

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭

I'm still on build 26.0.36.193. πŸ˜₯

Uwe

• Scott

Yep, got build 27.0.14.77 over the weekend. No restart is required.

• Scott
    edited July 2023

In my opinion, you're too far behind, Uwe. That version was released around mid-May, with the product release notes being posted on May 29th. I would maybe consider a Repair or a complete uninstall/reinstall and see if you can at least get to a newer build.

When I have done a fresh install, even last weekend, the download was only one build behind.

But, I'll leave that up to you :)

Scott

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭

Hi Scott

That's my opinion too, that I'm way too long behind already. I will try to repair or reinstall Bitdefender. Until now I have never waited so long for an update.

Uwe

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭

Thank you, Scott πŸ€—

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023

There's something very strange going on with my system. I can neither reinstall Bitdefender nor repair it. And the uninstall tool also gives me the same error message.

Does anyone know what kind of problem I have?

• Scott

@Gjoksi and @Flexx you both are better at situations like this. Do either of you have a suggestion?