I lost my recovery key

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello.

Check out this article:

Pay attention on this part:

"Note: If you do not remember the current master password, click the I’ve forgotten my password option on the same screen. Enter the 24-digit Recovery Key provided during the initial Bitdefender Password Manager setup, then type a new master password. If you forget or misplace both the Master Password and the Recovery Key, as a last resort, contact a Bitdefender representative to help reset your account. Resetting your account will erase all your data and passwords saved in Bitdefender Password Manager."

Regards.

Answers

• AlBo
    edited May 2023

Thanks. I've talked to them and the guy relayed request to manager. Now I'm waiting e-mail with instructions.

• How can I retrieve my recovery key?

• Hi @Bob Grinham,

If you forget or misplace both the Master Password and the Recovery Key, as a last resort, contact a Bitdefender representative to help reset your account. Resetting your account will erase all your data and passwords saved in Bitdefender Password Manager.

You can use this link to get in touch with the Support teams:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I use the original Recovery Key to reset my Master Password. As I understand it, a new Recovery Key is issued? Where or how do I get that new Recovery Key? Can I initiate this while logged in? Note: while resetting the master password, the recovery screen kept spinning indefinitely, no messages were provide of completing the process although the new password works. This needs more documentation.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Thank you for the quick reply. Steps #8 and #9 is where the process failed.

"8. Wait a few moments until Bitdefender resets the old master password. Do not exit your web browser!"

"9. Next, you are provided with a new 24-digit recovery key. Make a note of the recovery key in a safe place and don’t lose it. This key is the only way to access your passwords saved in Password Manager in case you forget the master password."

I waited for about an hour and it never made it to step #9.

So, I assume that is the only way to get a recovery key and calling customer support is the next step?

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)