I cant install bitdefender.

Hi

I have a laptop with windows 11 and trying to install bitdefender but it wont allow me and states 'the app youre trying to install isnt a microsoft verified app'. Please can someone help? Ive gone onto settings and tried to change to 'everywhere' under 'choose where to get apps' drop down. But i dont have the 'everywhere' option?? Please help :) thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Thankyou so much for your help :)

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited May 2023

Hello @Marshh,

It looks like you are using Windows 11 S.

Windows in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode. Follow the steps below and try to install Bitdefender afterwards:

1. On your PC running Windows in S mode, open Settings  > Update & Security  > Activation.
    2. In the Switch to Windows 11 Home or Switch to Windows 11 Pro section, select Go to the Store. (If you also see an "Upgrade your edition of Windows" section, be careful not to click the "Go to the Store" link that appears there.)
    3. On the Switch out of S mode (or similar) page that appears in the Microsoft Store, select the Get button. After you see a confirmation message on the page, you'll be able to install apps from outside of the Microsoft Store.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user