Can I install Bitdefender on a EERO router ?

I have installed Bitdefender VPN on my laptop and phone but can not cast to my tv using chrome cast.

I have been told if I install on my router (EERO) it will work.

Is this correct and if so h0w do i do it ?

Cheers

Best Answer

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Answer ✓

As far as I know bitdefender is only compatible with selected models of netgear's router.

For more information, kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

Answers

• Hi,

Bitdefender cannot be installed on that router. If you wish to cast on your tv, you can test the following:

Enable the hotspot on a mobile device and connect the Chromecast to this hotspot. Then, enable a VPN connection on the mobile device and tell me if you are able to cast this way.

Alternatively, the Support engineers might be able to help here.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• eero supports VPN passthrough. This means you can use another routing device with VPN in front of your eero, and eero will be able to pass that VPN traffic. Also, if you have a VPN service set up on your device, eero can pass that traffic as well.

• Thanks for share this .