Is 200MB of VPM shared over all devices?

I have the 'Bitdefender Total Security' package with only 200 MB of VPN coverage.

My question is concerning my 5 devices on this plan. Is each device allocated 200 MB, or is the VPN coverage shared. If the latter I had better buy some more. If the former, I should be OK. Your advice?

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @Christian Gedge and welcome to the Community!

The standard VPN version is included by default in your Bitdefender product on Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS. It offers 200 MB daily traffic per device and automatically connects you to the optimal server, without having the possibility to change it. You can purchase the Premium VPN subscription to get unlimited traffic and the option to connect to any available server. The benefits of the Premium version will get unlocked once you activate the subscription.

In think the standard version is very useful if you connect to public wireless networks and want to keep your personal data private (usernames, passwords, email addresses, credit card information, etc.) and also whenever you want to hide your IP address. However, for streaming purposes I would recommend the Premium version, as this way you get unlimited traffic and you can also access content that is normally restricted in specific areas, no matter if you are home or abroad, by choosing the desired server. The server list includes 53 countries across the globe and is available here.

So, buying the Premium comes down to usage. If you use the VPN for streaming purposes, it's best suited. If you only need an encrypted connection occasionally, then I think the basic version will do just fine.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Thanks Alexandru

• You are welcome! 🙂

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi there,

ive bought a full version of Bitdefender vpn and I would like to know if I can do a family sharing.

Thanks 😊