Game Profile Settings doesn't save

Hello,

I want to change two settings of the gaming profile, but I can't. It resets to the default settings.

I want to tick "Postpone Windows Automatic Updates" and untick "Adjust power plan settings for games".

But this settings doesn't save. After clicking Save when I check again, it resets to the default options.

Other profile settings are not impacted on my BD, only the Game Profile.

It seems like a recent issue, maybe came up with the latest version.

Can you please check if this happens on everyone's device or just mine? If it's for everyone, then the devs will probably be able to fix it easily. If not, then I'll share logs. Let me know.

Bitdefender Total Security version 26.0.3.80.

Wanted to attach a GIF showing what I'm talking about, but looks like I don't have the permission to attach images or links.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

I checked and it turned out that the same issue also happens on my device.

You are correct, the settings are not saved, it resets to the default options.

Could be a bug with the program.

Do the following steps:

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail (select "How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products" -> "Troubleshooting"):

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

I did the steps above, contacted Bitdefender Consumer Support and my ticket number is 1007626719.

You should also do the same i already did and contact Bitdefender Consumer Support.

@Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD Please check on this. Thanks.

Regards.

• Thanks for your response and making developers aware of this issue.

I can of course send logs as well to the support team, but I'm wondering will that really be necessary? Since it seems to be happening on all devices, me making another report of this to the support team might make it redundant. Or is it something like the more people reports an issue, the more chances it has to get fixed quickly?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi again.

This is the response for my ticket:

"Hello, ...,

Thank you for contacting Bitdefender.

When it comes to modules and different types of settings, most of them cannot be changed on a standard Windows account as one with Admin privileges is needed.

Depending on your Windows version, there are different ways to check and see whether your account is an Admin one or a Standard one, so please check the article below for more information and guidance: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/9705/

Once you make sure you are logged in using an Admin account, please try again to make the necessary adjustments in the Bitdefender settings.

..., let us know how it goes, I’m only an email away.

Have a great day and stay safe!

Kind Regards,

Stefan S.

Customer Care Representative"

And this was my response with sreenshot attached:

"Hi again.

I just followed the steps you provided and i can say that i'm the administrator of this pc/laptop.

Any other solutions for the issue?

Thanks."

Sending the logs is necessary. The thing is the more people report the issue, the faster the dev team will work on finding the root of the issue and finding a solution.

That is why i tagged @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD to follow this topic, as they both work for Bitdefender and are in everyday contact with the software engineers and can help us both and every user who has the same issue. Finally, they can set the tickets to highest priority.

Kind regards.

• Hello,

I just got word that there might be an issue here. The engineers are currently gathering information from the tickets raised and will soon start the troubleshooting process. @Gjoksi I've checked your ticket as well, thank you for bringing this into my attention. I'm working closely with the Technical Team Leaders and we'll get to the bottom of this.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I was out of town so haven't had the chance to create a ticket yet, but great to see that the issue is being worked on.

Thanks.

• Hi @Alexandru_BD, Is there any update on this issue? I'm still facing the se problem stated by the OP and I'm an administrator in my PC currently using W10. After trying the suggested approach I still unable to update the options "Postpone Windows Automatic Updates" and "Adjust power plan settings for games" from the game profile.

Thanks so much in advance.

• Hello @NMiranda,

As far as I'm aware, this has not been completely fixed yet, however, our engineers have learned that the behaviour can be sometimes corrected by reinstalling the product.

Regards

• @Alexandru_BD Thanks for the quick response. I reinstalled Bitdefender using the latest installer and the issue continues after a clean installation.

I would truly appreciate if a fix to correct this behavior can be released in future.

I will stay sharp for any updates.

Thanks so much for the support.

• Hello @NMiranda,

Thank you for sharing the reinstall outcome with us. So, if the reinstall didn't fix the behaviour, we have no options left, but to wait for the fix to be deployed by the development teams via an automated update.

You are most welcome and thank you for your understanding. I hope we can get to the bottom of this soon.

Regards

• Hi!

Same problem here! Profile settings are not saved yet and I run the last updated version. The problem is still here after months :(

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Generate bitdefender BDsysLog: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1922/

Generate bitdefender support tool logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

Generate bitdefender connectivity logs: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/9689/

Share the logs & your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

If the generated logs are larger in size, you can upload the logs to google drive or we.tl (7days link validity for free users) or ask the support team to provide you with the online link & password of bitdefender cloud where you can upload the logs and share the upload link with the support team.

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)