with bitdefender VPN switched on massive slowdown

with bitdefender VPN switched on massive slowdown Oklaa shows speed of somtimes less than 12mns. when off I have switched it off I have over 350mbs.

I'm suffering form very very long file download times

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Follow the steps from this article:

In case those steps didn't solve the issue, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• Thanks Gjoksi

I have done all these things previously. turn bitdefender off........BAM......file download speed increased by a factor of nearly 10

Patrick

• Thank you for bringing this up and saving me from wasting my money. I am looking for a VPN, Bitdefender, I just will not pay for one that ends up slowing my speeds down by any notable amount.

You want my money for this Bitdefender? Optimize your VPN's and make it so speeds would even increase ( or at the minimum, stay within 10-20ms the same). Anything less will result in your company not getting my money for VPN services. (love the rest of Bitdefender though!)

• Hello,

In regards to download speed and possible slowdowns whe using a VPN connection, more information is required for troubleshooting. @pdalgety @Mumnoch I'll reach you in private to ask some questions.

Thanks

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user