Bitdefender Wallet

IanS
IanS
edited May 2023 in Password Manager

I may be a lone voice here but I am outraged that wallet is being discontinued I refuse to use online password vaults as they are clearly being hacked and I would lose my entire life if that happened. I prefer offline password vaults backed up in various secure physical locations. Therefore if the wallet disappears I am dumping Bitdefender and moving to a new endpoint product by way of a protest. Just so you know.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 2023

You are not alone, there are majority of bitdefender users which are going through the same situation and many of them have reported the same via different medium like bitdefender community forum, social media websites like facebook & twitter and on review websites like trustpilot.

This topic is the most common as of now but at the end it comes down to the developers what they feel like is best for all.

You can still contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender support team and ask them to share your feedback with the developers by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Better still user choice is advisable, in other words Bitdefender users determine where, when and how the information is stored.

• Hi,

Indeed, the community has been a place of debate following the Wallet's decommissioning announcement. The members have expressed their opinions on its retirement in the thread below:

In regards to the security of your passwords when using the new Password Manager, I'll debunk this hacking myth for you. It’s not just passwords that are being encrypted, but whole data sets, like urls, domain and usernames, credit card data, notes, identities etc, If someone should get ahold of the users’ encrypted data, it would simply be impossible for them to pick just a particular website password to crack, since there is no information about which information this particular data set contains.

Encryption keys are not generated from the user’s master password, but through derivations of data including a strong random key. Instead of PBKDF2 we use a much more secure hashing function called ARGON2ID.

Sensitive user data does not leave the device without being encrypted in a secure way. We encrypt and decrypt everything locally, so the cloud service has no way to decrypt the data without the user’s master password and the keys which are generated locally.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Bonjour, il me reste 466 jours d'abonnement et je ne trouve pas normal cette rupture de prestation en cour de contrat. je trouve que le Wallet me va bien, et je n'apprécie pas d'être sur le fait accomplie. en plus cela va nécessiter un abonnement supplémentaire et des données personnelles sur le cloud. Tous ce que j'évite d'utiliser, vous me forcez a le faire . Déçue ce qui aurait dû être un choix entre 2 options devient une obligation sans parler de la rupture de contrat. puisque le Wallet s'arrête avant mes 466 jours???

• Hello @rené69,

Kindly be advised that, there is no breach of contract, as per the Subscription Agreement and Terms of services for Home User Solutions to which you have agreed upon installation, Bitdefender reserves the right to improve or change various features of its Products / Solutions, and may modify certain features of the Product. The EOL policy available below also explains the reasoning behind product and features retirements:

As an active Wallet user, you will benefit from a 6-month trial for Password Manager, to try the latest offering and decide if it's suitable for your needs.

In regard to data on the cloud and any security concerns for the new Password Manager, please see my comment here:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user