Antivirus 2009

I have Bitdefender Total Security 2008 and everything is working perfectly so far. But yesterday I got a Antivirus 2009 popup informing me that my computer may be infected and advising me to run its scan. The only way I can get rid of the popup is through manually through task manager. It pops up every few hours. Bitdefender reports that the computer is clean. I'm pretty sure it is some kind of virus or adware. How do I get rid of it?

Comments

• try and run a fulls scan with superantispyware. www.superantispyware.com

it will get rid of it

• Yeah it did thanks! Why didn't Bit Torrent detect it though?

• lawdesk
    edited November 2008
    Yeah it did thanks! Why didn't Bit Torrent detect it though?

Antivirus Pro 2009 is the nastiest thing to hit in years. If you leave it be, it starts to dismember your system, removing your rights to right click, access to the control panel, ability to install software.

Bitdefender isn't the only one ignoring the issue. It has gotten through [removed] and [removed] and it absolutely disables [removed].

• Davo
    edited November 2008
    Antivirus Pro 2009 is the nastiest thing to hit in years. If you leave it be, it starts to dismember your system, removing your rights to right click, access to the control panel, ability to install software.

Bitdefender isn't the only one ignoring the issue. It has gotten through [removed] and [removed] and it absolutely disables [removed].

Bitdefender is missing alot of thus new Undetected Fake antivirus2009, anti-malware, antispyware, etc.

I hope soon before christmas and New-Year they put some strong detection for thus,

My friend got infected today by antivirus2011 and bitdefender is NOT helping him.

• I don't understand. The fact that Bitdefender is a great antivirus and it is unable to detect one of the most common rouges on the internet is just wierd.

• The rogue Antivirus 2009 has 1000000000 versions. Everyday you can "phish" some new verions on the net.

• A have a problem with my last "internet security packet"! I got a "ANTIVIRUS XP" spyware! WOWWWW it was very dificult to remove it!

So i have to reinstal my PC!

Now i have BITDEFENDER TOTAL SECURITY 2009 but i still think that none internet security software packet can heal this spyware!

• Malwarebytes is excellent at removing rouges. :)