Trojan Vund Gcd

hey, I was just curious if anyone knew how to get rid of the trojan vundo GCD virus?

thanks a bunch!

Comments

• Yes, are you infected? Did you locate the file?

• G'Day xxgraceisgone,

Yes I know how to clean out the "vundo" Trojan and it's many variants.

Now for the bad news, If you have this Trojan on your PC then you will also have more than likely the "Smitfraud" Trojan and it's variants and some others that are part of the payload (payload = multiple Trojan and other viruses downloaded by the master Trojan downloader)

Unfortunately no common anti-virus program, Bitdefender, Norton Anti-virus, Trend, etc., etc. will remove this infection from your PC. Only spet specific removers for this type of infection can remove the payload - AND ITS NOT AN EASY TASK !!

So if you are serious and want to remove the infection of this and other Trojans on your PC, and are willing to spend approx 3 hours doing so and follow very specific instructions, then reply on this topic and say that you want to!

Also I will need your email address (send this to me in a PM (Private Message) so I can sent you the instructions and the necessary remover files for the job.

In the mean time, there are 2 programs I need you to download and install. They will install in spite of the current infection and you need to re-boot after installing them and then run only one of them to detect for me the real payload and related infections.

1. SpyBot Search and Destroy v1.6

2. Adaware Free version 2008

After downloading these these, and before you install them I have special instructions for the installation options of Spybot as well as special update and immunisation instructions before we run the SpyBot program. With AdAware, I have special instructions to set the Options for this program. These Instructions can be sent via email to you or if you are on Skype, I can give them to you verbally which is faster.

Let me know if you are on Skype, if not as long as you have a Microphone Headset, Skype can be downloaded and installed for you to be able to communicate with me. If you already have skype installed, then locate " pcbugfixer or "sspade" in Sydney Australia and send me a request to add you to my contact list.

Over to you -

:ph34r:

• If you have any active infections I'll be moving this to the Malware Talk section. There you can get even more help if the ones listed above will not help.

• Hey guys, thank you for your quick responses, it is active, and I have located the files.

• pcbugfixer
    pcbugfixer ✭✭✭
    edited January 2009
    Hey guys, thank you for your quick responses, it is active, and I have located the files.

I was waiting for "SecurityAdvisor" to respond to this as it is in direct response to the " ... and I have located the files. " answer and "SecurityAdvisor" original question, "Yes, are you infected? Did you locate the file?"

And if you did, where are they located and what are their names ?? - Think when you reply please, we should not have to ask repeatedly for the answers when they should have been logically indicated in the reply post !! - I think.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Paste here the log from a full scan with BitDefender.

• G'Day xxgraceisgone,

I have not had a reply to your issue or my PM's and email with instructions for stage 1, from you.

If you do not need help on this issue anymore, please post your status.