Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2009 Av - Bdagent.exe Hogging Cpu

Hello All,

I recently went from BD AV10 to BD 2009 AV because it said my subscription had expired. I didn't think I had started the AV10 subscription on Jan 1st 2008 but I went ahead and got the 2009 edition anyway. I used the uninstall utility in control panel to remove the old version and then installed BDAV 2009. Since then I have had problems with sluggish performance and hangups with Outlook 2007. I noticed that the process bdagent.exe always consumes 10 to 40 percent of my cpu (I run XP Pro + Core 2 duo 2ghz + 4gb of memory). The bdagent.exe process seems to use 10 to 40 % ALL the time even when I don't have any applications running (although there are a number of other processes running). I tried setting the AV and privacy setting to default with no improvement. All my virus scans are clean. The vsserv.exe process usually runs 0 to 2 % until it needs to scan something and then it can hit as high as 50%. That is pretty normal as far as I can remember compared with the BDAV10 version. When both vsserv and bdagent are running my system is pretty much useless.

I looked up bdagent.exe on some of the process file forums and it seems to say that it is in charge of maintaining BD across multiple user accounts. It also says that if you don't use fast user switching the process may be terminated. I can not terminate the process to see if it improves performance. Has anyone had any similar experiences? Does anyone know what it is that bdagent.exe is actually doing with all of this CPU time? Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank You,

Bob

Comments

• Well no one seems to have this problem but me. I continued my search for the answer and here is what I found. I tried putting all my settings to permissive with no improvement. Then I unchecked the Load BD at windows start up and rebooted. The bdagent.exe process was still running but it was bouncing around between 0 and 5 %. So then I started up BD and bdagent.exe process stayed between 0 and 5 %. Overall the cpu usage dropped from about 33 % down to 3% sampled over a five minute period. Any thoughts?

Bob

Hello All,

I recently went from BD AV10 to BD 2009 AV because it said my subscription had expired. I didn't think I had started the AV10 subscription on Jan 1st 2008 but I went ahead and got the 2009 edition anyway. I used the uninstall utility in control panel to remove the old version and then installed BDAV 2009. Since then I have had problems with sluggish performance and hangups with Outlook 2007. I noticed that the process bdagent.exe always consumes 10 to 40 percent of my cpu (I run XP Pro + Core 2 duo 2ghz + 4gb of memory). The bdagent.exe process seems to use 10 to 40 % ALL the time even when I don't have any applications running (although there are a number of other processes running). I tried setting the AV and privacy setting to default with no improvement. All my virus scans are clean. The vsserv.exe process usually runs 0 to 2 % until it needs to scan something and then it can hit as high as 50%. That is pretty normal as far as I can remember compared with the BDAV10 version. When both vsserv and bdagent are running my system is pretty much useless.

I looked up bdagent.exe on some of the process file forums and it seems to say that it is in charge of maintaining BD across multiple user accounts. It also says that if you don't use fast user switching the process may be terminated. I can not terminate the process to see if it improves performance. Has anyone had any similar experiences? Does anyone know what it is that bdagent.exe is actually doing with all of this CPU time? Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank You,

Bob

• Hmmm ... strange, I started working on my computer this morning and BitDefender downloaded an update and asked me if I wanted to reboot which I did. After the reboot it asked me if I wanted to allow wcescomm.exe permission. Since I'm pretty sure that has to to do with ActiveSync 4.5 I allowed it. Now when I look at bdagent the cpu utilization is 0 to 1% although I can tell its still running because I see the I/O read and write counts increase by two or three every five seconds. My computer now runs normally, IE7 runs at normal speed, Outlook2007 works correctly, and everything is much more responsive. Now however Activesync 4.5 can connect to my Samsung pda but will not synchronize so that's the last issue to resolve I hope.

Bob

Well no one seems to have this problem but me. I continued my search for the answer and here is what I found. I tried putting all my settings to permissive with no improvement. Then I unchecked the Load BD at windows start up and rebooted. The bdagent.exe process was still running but it was bouncing around between 0 and 5 %. So then I started up BD and bdagent.exe process stayed between 0 and 5 %. Overall the cpu usage dropped from about 33 % down to 3% sampled over a five minute period. Any thoughts?

Bob