Can No Longer See Printer

Hi

I run a Windows Vista Toshiba Tecra and I have been using a HP Laser Jet 3055 network printer.

Since I have installed BitDefender I can not longer 'see' the printer on the network or connect it as a network printer. I cannot see the BT Home Hub v2.0 wireless hub either.

I have tried different settings but with no success.

Can anyone please help..

Comments

• Please include the following details:

- What BitDefender product and version did you install?

- Is the network printer directly connected to the computer or connected to a different computer or connected to an IP server?

Thank you.

• As a first troubleshooting steps please try going to BitDefender - Settings - Firewall - Traffic and click on Reset Profile. In that window type a name for the profile and set it to "Trusted Network" then hit OK. Try to see if you can connect to the network printer like this.

• As a first troubleshooting steps please try going to BitDefender - Settings - Firewall - Traffic and click on Reset Profile. In that window type a name for the profile and set it to "Trusted Network" then hit OK. Try to see if you can connect to the network printer like this.

Hi Diana, I am new to BitDefender.

I have opened BitDefender Internet Security 2009 in Advanced View. I have clicked on Firewall in the left-hand list and clicked on the Setting tab at the top of the page. However, I cannot see a Traffic item to click.

There are other tabs called Network, Rules and Activity but I can't see a Traffic item in these screens either

I'd be very grateful if you could help me.

• Niels
    Niels
    edited February 2009

Dear Roadrunner911,

When you are on the network tab press on the add button that is located by the zones section, now type the ip-adress of your network printer and select allow. Check also the stealth options and set it on remote.

You need to click on the rules tab when you are in the firewall section. When you are there, you will find the reset rules button.

Kind regards,

Niels