Cookies

Hi there,... I am using bitdefender Internet Security 2009, with windows vista ultimate. Is there anyway that I can delete the cookie history?.. I cannot see that option anywhere?.. Is it possible? Thanks.

Regards,

Riptorn. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Hi there,... I am using bitdefender Internet Security 2009, with windows vista ultimate. Is there anyway that I can delete the cookie history?.. I cannot see that option anywhere?.. Is it possible? Thanks.

Regards,

Riptorn. :rolleyes:

Which history are you refering to: the browser history or BitDefender's cookie list?

• Which history are you refering to: the browser history or BitDefender's cookie list?

Hi Valentin D, I am referring to the bitdefender's cookie list, I have soooo many cookies??, is there an option to remove, or, delete them?. Thanks.

• There is an option in the TuneUp part of BitDefender Total Security called PC Clean-up that will delete cookies as well. Unfortunately your product - Internet Security 2009 - does not have this module.

But you can also delete cookies manually from the Internet browser that you are currently using - there is a different procedure for each browser in order to do this.

• There is an option in the TuneUp part of BitDefender Total Security called PC Clean-up that will delete cookies as well. Unfortunately your product - Internet Security 2009 - does not have this module.

But you can also delete cookies manually from the Internet browser that you are currently using - there is a different procedure for each browser in order to do this.

Thanks Diane, Well I think I bought the wrong version of bitdefender??.. Is the Total Security much different to the internet security version?.. I am using firefox 3.5, and internet explorer 7.. I have so many cookies in bitdefender 100's.. I suppose they will just have tto stay there?. Thanks for your reply, I truly appreciate it.

Regards,

Riptorn

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

No. TS and IS offer the same protection :)

TS has tune up tools + backup. Tha's all :)

Look here: http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Main/view/...comparison.html

You can use CCleaner to clean up junk files left by programs :)

• In BitDefender you will also have a settings which is called "Cookie Control" - you can access it in Advanced View, Privacy Control, Cookie.

This module in BitDefender will scan for infected cookies and will prompt you to allow/block cookies to be stored on your PC. Once a cookie has been stored in that list, BitDefender will not prompt you again for allowing cookies from that website. All the site entries you see in the Cookie Control list have been sites that you have allowed/blocked cookies from.

If you wish to delete entries in that list all you need to do is select the entry and click on the "-" sign there. If you wish to stop receiving notifications to allow cookies from all the websites you browse to you can simply disable cookie control on the same page.

• riptorn
    edited March 2009

Thanks so much Crysty2k5.. You helped me out. Great! :D

• In BitDefender you will also have a settings which is called "Cookie Control" - you can access it in Advanced View, Privacy Control, Cookie.

This module in BitDefender will scan for infected cookies and will prompt you to allow/block cookies to be stored on your PC. Once a cookie has been stored in that list, BitDefender will not prompt you again for allowing cookies from that website. All the site entries you see in the Cookie Control list have been sites that you have allowed/blocked cookies from.

If you wish to delete entries in that list all you need to do is select the entry and click on the "-" sign there. If you wish to stop receiving notifications to allow cookies from all the websites you browse to you can simply disable cookie control on the same page.

Thanks Diane... I did all that you said??.. but I cannot find, or, see the "sign there option"??. I am using bitdefender Internet Security 2009..

Thanks again for your time.

Regards,

Riptorn :rolleyes:

• Thanks Diane... I did all that you said??.. but I cannot find, or, see the "sign there option"??. I am using bitdefender Internet Security 2009..

Thanks again for your time.

Regards,

Riptorn :rolleyes:

My colleague was referring to this sign: -.

It is a button with the dash sign.

• My colleague was referring to this sign: -.

It is a button with the dash sign.

Thanks Valentin D.... Unfortunately I do not have that button option in BitDefender Internet Security 2009??.. Hmmm???.Nevermind, thanks for your reply... :rolleyes:

• Hi Guys,

Is there a way to delete the whole lot in one go so I can start selecting Allow or Deny again from scratch. The reason being I blocked a cookie that I didn't mean to which has stopped me accessing MSN Hotmail, but I don't know which it is and with 400+ cookies I really just need to start again. Can this, if possible, also be done with ****** control just n case it's in there?

Cheers,

Mav

• Unfortunately at the moment the only way to delete cookies in that list is to select them manually and hit Delete or the "-" sign that is present on the dashboard.

• Unfortunately at the moment the only way to delete cookies in that list is to select them manually and hit Delete or the "-" sign that is present on the dashboard.

Thanks for the response. Better get clicking....lol

Cheers :)