Forgot Home Management Password

I have Internet Security 2009. I forgot my Home Management Password that i must have once set up. I need to add a new computer to the network. I only had one computer before so it's not like it'll even let me leave my current network. It's not letting me do anything because it keeps prompting for the password. How can i reset this or can it notify me what it is?

Comments

• Out of security reasons I cannot post the resolution for this issue on the forum, but I will send you an e-mail shortly with a patch that will reset the password for home management.

• Thank you so much. I will run it tonight after work and let you know how it works. Your help is much appreciated!

• Out of security reasons I cannot post the resolution for this issue on the forum, but I will send you an e-mail shortly with a patch that will reset the password for home management.

can u pls send me the email with the pactch bec i for got my password pls thankyou

• @ keith18

I will send you an e-mail with the patch in a couple of minutes.

• Habboblob
    edited March 2009

I have recently purchases Bit Defender for my desktop and had already bought it for my laptop several months ago. Now, I am wanting to add my desktop to the Network Area but I have forgotten the password.

Could someone please send me that email with the resolution.

Thank you. :)

Could someone please send this file.

• @Habboblob

Please check your e-mail whenever you have the time - I sent you the patch a few minutes ago.

• Just have just installed Bitdefender 2009 to 3 PC's but I am not whether or not I have a home management password. Diana Bele, Perhaps you could send that fix to me as well.

• I recently purchased & installed Bitdefender 2009 for my 3 PC network but I am not aware of any home management passwords unless it is talking about the admin password but it dos'nt recognize that as it's password or the users password. Can you please advise or could you send the reset password patch if you think it may fix this problem.

Hi Diana, please can you send me an email regarding this password reset issue, I have the same problem :wacko:

• @lonestar

The home management password is something that you need to create when clicking on Join/Create a network - there isn't any password delivered by default with the product.

@meashcroft

I'll send you an e-mail in a couple of minutes with the patch. :)

• Diana,

I have the same issue. I've set-up the password awhile back and now I don't remember it. :unsure: Can you please help me out with that patch.

Thank you.

• @ViperM

Please check your Inbox - I just sent you an e-mail with the patch.

• Diana Can you please help me with that patch as well I hae tried all possible passwords but it is not working for me.

• Hi Diana,

you should send the patch to all known BD forum users....

:D

lutz

• Unknown
    edited April 2009

@Daedalus

I'll send you the e-mail in a couple of minutes, please let me know if it worked.

@lutz

Please read the first post that I submitted on this thread - it contains the reason why we have to send the patch individually by e-mail.

• Diana,

I also need the patch as well.

• busboy
    edited May 2009

I have also forgot password and cant find a way to reset it

has anyone got the patch to reset it

many thanks

• Unknown
    edited May 2009

Hello dartone,

I have sent you the patch by e-mail a couple of minutes ago on Ticket ID 200905111007961 . Please check your Inbox when you have the time.

Also, please note that you can ask for the patch by contacting support after logging into MyAccount on this webpage.

• Plz, I need that patch too... :(

• Hi Diana Bele,

I've forgotten my product protection password,could you kindly help me on this?Thank you.

• Oops!Mine version of bit defender is Bit Defender Internet Security 2009.Thanks again.

• Hello whe_dhe ramone and fujis5700,

We have sent you the patch for resetting the password in the Home Management module by e-mail. Please try it whenever you wish.

• Thank you very much.Most appreciated.

• Hi Diana Bele,

I've run the patch that you've sent,but doesn't really semm to work with the Product Protection Password,hhich is under General-General Settings.Could you kindly resend me the patch?Thank you.

Sincerely,

Charles

• Hello fujis5700,

The patch that is available on this topic is only for the Home Management password and it doesn't affect other passwords that you set up in BitDefender. I have sent you by e-mail a different procedure for resetting the settings password.

Thank you!

• can u please send me the patch as well i want to add my other computers to my network but unfortunately have forgot the home management password

• For all People that forget passwords a good idea is to only use 3 diffrent ones for everything. This way if you forget you only have 3 to try.

• Hello BeauTB,

The patch you requested will be sent to you by e-mail in a couple of minutes, you should have it shortly.

Thank you!

• could you send me this patch diana, because i can't connect other computers to my network ?

• Diana,

I also need the patch as well.

• Hello shaan and conan,

You have both been sent the patch by e-mail - please try it when you have the time.

Thank you!

• I to have forgot my password can you please send me the patch

Thank you soo much

• My real time protection is disabled & I have forgotten my password, could you send me the patct

Thank you so much

Doris

• Hello ggitz1 and det5683,

We sent you both the patch for resetting the home management password by e-mail.

Thanks! :)

• Dear Diana, sorry for the extra work but could u send that patch-thing to me too? Also forgot my password for home network (Bitdefender Total Security 2009)

Best regards, Horvarth

• I'm going to need that reset patch as well.

Thank you.

• Hello horvarth and Brian M,

We sent the patch by e-mail to both of you - please check your Inbox when you have the time.

Thank you!

• have anti virus 2009. I forgot my Home Management Password that i must have once set up. I need to add a new computer to the network. I only had one computer before so it's not like it'll even let me leave my current network. It's not letting me do anything because it keeps prompting for the password.

please give me the patch for reset the password on my anti virus 2009

• Hi there. Also forgotten my BD network password. There really should be a warning that there is no way to reset it! Could you please send me the reset patch?

• Hello Vertigo and fahad bakhsh,

Please check your e-mail for the patch that resets the Home Management password.

Thanks!

• Unknown
    edited November 2009

Hello everybody,

Seeing the high number of requests we had for this patch since this thread has been opened we decided to upload it onto a location where everybody can access it.

You can download and run the Home Management Password Reset Patch by downloading it from this location (this kit is only compatible with 32 bits operating systems) and running it on the computer where you wish to reset the password:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...sword_patch.exe

Thank you!

• I have also forgot password and cant find a way to reset it

many thanks

• I have also forgot password and cant find a way to reset it

many thanks

Hello panpan ,

In her last reply on this topic , Diana provided a link where you can download the patch that will reset the Home Management forgotten password. Here it is : http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...sword_patch.exe .

• Hi Diana

I know you have posted a link to the patch for the 32 bit version, is there a patch in existence for the 64bit version that you could perhaps email me the link for please, as I've forgotten the password setup on one of my pcs.

Thank you.

Hello everybody,

Seeing the high number of requests we had for this patch since this thread has been opened we decided to upload it onto a location where everybody can access it.

You can download and run the Home Management Password Reset Patch by downloading it from this location (this kit is only compatible with 32 bits operating systems) and running it on the computer where you wish to reset the password:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...sword_patch.exe

Thank you!

• Hello GingerHero ,

We have sent you an email with a tool that will reset the Home Management password on your 64 bits operating system . Please reply to my email if you have any other questions .

Thank you .

• Can you send me the patch for total Security 2009 please,

Thx

• Hello davee1 ,

Here it the link to the patch : http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...sword_patch.exe .

Thank you .

• i have forgotten my bitdefender antivirus 2009 password,is there any way that i can get it back because i really can't remember it

• hi diana

i forgot my network password help me out SOS SOS 911...

regards,

Richard Jackson

• Hello richardjackson and dino bajric,

As requested an email with the patch that will reset the Home Management password has been sent to you . Please reply if you have any other questions.

Thank you .

This discussion has been closed.