Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Change Scheduled Av Scan

Options

Some time ago I changed the full system scan time from the original 2:00 am to 6:00 pm. That hasn't worked real well for me so I want to change it to 11:00 pm.

I've gone into the schedule menu and changed all of the times that I can find to 11:00 pm. I've looked and cannot find anything scheduled anywhere for 6:00 pm but it still scans at 6:00 pm.

Any advice on where to look or how to change the schedule?

Thanks - I'm using IS 2009 on Vista 32 bit.

Thanks.

Comments

• First, please make sure that User Account Control for Vista is disabled in the Control Panel. Then please use the patch available here then restart the system and check if you can schedule the scan at a new hour.

• hew2nd
    Options

Thanks - that got me part way there.

The schedule is now cleared - it stopped scanning at 6:00 pm, but now it won't scan on any schedule I put in.

I'm running Vista with two accounts. I've tried it with the same schedule set in both accounts and with one account with no schedule and the other account (the administrattor account) set. I rebooted and made sure that the admiinstrator account was open when the schedule time came - but nothing happened. The schedule did change to show the scheduled time for the next day, however - making it seem like the scan had run - but it didn't.

Thanks.

First, please make sure that User Account Control for Vista is disabled in the Control Panel. Then please use the patch available here then restart the system and check if you can schedule the scan at a new hour.
  • At the time when the schedule is suppose to run, please open the task manager and check if "uiscan.exe" is running. Please let me know if you have this process listed there.

• hew2nd
    Options

No - it is not listed there. The date of the next scheduled scan did, however, roll to tomorrow.

At the time when the schedule is suppose to run, please open the task manager and check if "uiscan.exe" is running. Please let me know if you have this process listed there.
  • You will now have a page, on the right, where you can set the scan schedule. If you want the scan to run once a week, choose the middle option and select a day. If you want to run the scan more often, select the first or third options, where you can set hour intervals (for example, 24 if you wish to run it once a day) or choose to have the scan run every time you turn on the computer.

• hew2nd
    Options

Been here done that. See previous posts.

Thanks for helping.

You will now have a page, on the right, where you can set the scan schedule. If you want the scan to run once a week, choose the middle option and select a day. If you want to run the scan more often, select the first or third options, where you can set hour intervals (for example, 24 if you wish to run it once a day) or choose to have the scan run every time you turn on the computer.
  • Please tell me if you are able to start a scan by going to Advanced View - Antivirus - Virus Scan - click on Deep system scan, for example. If the scan does not run, try to go to Start - All programs - BitDefender - BitDefender Manual Scan and tell me if you can run a scan from there.

• hew2nd
    Options

Yes - that works. I've been doing that on a regular basis since this problem started. (Remember - before I couldn't change the scan schedule and you gave me a patch - which fixed the problem but created this new one.)

Thanks

Please tell me if you are able to start a scan by going to Advanced View - Antivirus - Virus Scan - click on Deep system scan, for example. If the scan does not run, try to go to Start - All programs - BitDefender - BitDefender Manual Scan and tell me if you can run a scan from there.
  • Please go to BitDefender - Antivirus - Virus Scan - right click on Deep System Scan and select Clone. Try to schedule a new scheduled scan using this wizard and check in order to see if the new scan is running at the time that you set it.

• hew2nd
    Options

This worked, thank you.

Sorry it took me so long to respond - for some reason I missed this when you first posted it and just found it. Did the clone yesterday and it worked today.

Thanks again.

Please go to BitDefender - Antivirus - Virus Scan - right click on Deep System Scan and select Clone. Try to schedule a new scheduled scan using this wizard and check in order to see if the new scan is running at the time that you set it.
  • Unknown
    Options

Hello hew2nd,

I'm glad to hear that it's working OK now.

Since the issue is resolved I will close this topic.

This discussion has been closed.