Can't Create Account

I installed bitdefender 2009 4 days ago and every time I try to create my account (which appears to be mandatory), I receive a message that bitdefender cannot connect to the server, "Please try again later". I contacted tech support and received a message stating "Yes, they have been having server problems." Who is "they"?? How long does it take to get the server fixed? Is an account absolutely necessary? I'm beginning to think bitdefender purchase was a mistake. <_<

Comments

• I installed bitdefender 2009 4 days ago and every time I try to create my account (which appears to be mandatory), I receive a message that bitdefender cannot connect to the server, "Please try again later". I contacted tech support and received a message stating "Yes, they have been having server problems." Who is "they"?? How long does it take to get the server fixed? Is an account absolutely necessary? I'm beginning to think bitdefender purchase was a mistake. <_<

Hello DougL,

For BitDefender 2009, it is necessary to create the BitDefender online account so you can benefit from priority support, access to Customer Care, hourly antivirus signature updates, special offers for other BitDefender products and also the possibility of retrieving your license key at any time, in case you change your PC or reinstall the product.

We have searched trough our database and we do not have any e-mails from you regarding this situation. Please provide us with more details about the issue you have when you try to create an account and also, please specify what is the e-mail you want to use in order to create the account.

We are looking forward to hearing from you :)

• Hello DougL,

For BitDefender 2009, it is necessary to create the BitDefender online account so you can benefit from priority support, access to Customer Care, hourly antivirus signature updates, special offers for other BitDefender products and also the possibility of retrieving your license key at any time, in case you change your PC or reinstall the product.

We have searched trough our database and we do not have any e-mails from you regarding this situation. Please provide us with more details about the issue you have when you try to create an account and also, please specify what is the e-mail you want to use in order to create the account.

We are looking forward to hearing from you :)

To what email address should we write to have an account created? I also have the same error "cannot connect to the server" and need to create an account for my recent purchase.

• HI there,

I had same issue, "cannot connect to the server" during creating new account.

Question:

our network is behind the proxy,

can we create account from behind the proxy?

where is the setting?

or we have to connect directly to internet?

this is urgent we have 2 days left, thanks in advance

• HI there,

I had same issue, "cannot connect to the server" during creating new account.

Question:

our network is behind the proxy,

can we create account from behind the proxy?

where is the setting?

or we have to connect directly to internet?

this is urgent we have 2 days left, thanks in advance

Hi! There is a different way of creating an account for users who use a proxy server to connect to the internet. Please send us the e-mail address that you want to use in order to create the account and we will send you all the instructions by e-mail.

• Hi Raluca thanks for the information,

kindly let me know your/support email address.

regards

• Hi There,

I was able to make 1 account after i open our network

Now other issue come up.

i buy 5 license, for the next account i try to make it says again cannot connect to server.

question:

is there any limitation to create account for 1 IP address?

I try with another computers it says the same " cannot connect to server"

Frankly I plan to purchase more license, but with this issue I will think again to use this product

• Hi There,

I was able to make 1 account after i open our network

Now other issue come up.

i buy 5 license, for the next account i try to make it says again cannot connect to server.

question:

is there any limitation to create account for 1 IP address?

I try with another computers it says the same " cannot connect to server"

Frankly I plan to purchase more license, but with this issue I will think again to use this product

I created a ticket for your request, your ticket ID is 200904301004597 .

• I'm having the same problem. My situation is that I re-isntalled windows and I'm trying to register with my existing username and password, I have a license for 3 computers. PLEASE HELP this is taking too much time...

• I am getting the same error, "Cannot connect to the server. Please try later to create the account." I've tried on multiple Internet connections, disabled all firewalls etc.

I've been struggling with this for the past week and I have not had any luck with customer support. I have a support ticket in but the last response I had seemed to be automated. I'm guessing my ticket is low priority because I'm not a registered user but when I try to register I can't! I'll give it a few more days otherwise I'll have to cut my losses and switch to another product.

• I just purchased Internet 2009 and get the same message when trying to create an account.

CANNOT CONNECT TO THE SERVER...TRY LATER. What do we need to do to fix this? Heeeeelp!

• Hello Sidponcho, ntaitt and benjamin_judd,

We had some issues with the online account servers in the weekend but they have been fixed at this point. Please be so kind as to try to log in again at:

http://myaccount.bitdefender.com

and see if you can access your on-line account.

Thank you!

• Hello Sidponcho, ntaitt and benjamin_judd,

We had some issues with the online account servers in the weekend but they have been fixed at this point. Please be so kind as to try to log in again at:

http://myaccount.bitdefender.com

and see if you can access your on-line account.

Thank you!

Hello Diana,

I still cannot create a new account so I cannot log in at the URL you've provided.

Thank You.

• zero-mpg
    edited May 2009

I was having the same problem as the rest of you; couldn't connect to the server to create an account. I submitted a ticket but it's been about half a week and no response... but I figured out a way to fix my problem.

Disable windows firewall.

Start > Control Pannel > Windows Firewall

Turn it off, submit your regisration, then turn it back on (assuming you have Antivirus only, not full security suite). I suppose making an exception for it would work, as well... If this doesn't work, consider any other firewalls you may have running and disable them temporarily.

Hope this helps,

-zero

(To the person that already tried messing with the firewalls, good luck, I've got nothing :/)

• Hello ntaitt,

Please be so kind as to tell us what happens when you try to create an account using these steps:

https://myaccount.bitdefender.com/site/Know...e/consumer/#455

zero-mpg,

Thank you very much for sharing that resolution with us. :)

• I cannot get my antivirus 2009 registered either. I have an account but the site says I do not have a bitdefender product even though I've purchased many many products over the last 3 years. Under my account, I see personal data, but customer information says I don't have a customer account. I should have one more spot left on a 3 pc antivirus 2009 but after trying to install last night, got a message that the key was invalid so I purchased another copy for 3 pcs and entered the new key. Bitdefender shows the product is registered and expires in 707 days?? but under my account says product not activated and I cannot get it to fix this issue. So, I have a few issues here (1) one pc slot disappeared (2) web says I have no products and no account (3) new install shows 707 days instead of 365 (4) cannot activate the new install..need some help here as I called the customer contact number and hung up after 45 minutes of on hold, the live chat window only gives an option to email and I purchase alot of bitdefender for my business customers that I support. Any help would be nice. Thanks

• Hello Billie,

First, please tell us if you logged into your on-line account using the BitDefender program that you installed on the PC - more specifically BitDefender - Advanced View - Registration - "Create an account" button - log into the account there.

After you have registered like this it make take some time for the servers to sync the information, thus resulting in the message "Key not activated yet". Please wait for a couple of hours in order to see if the information in My Account - My products changes for the license keys listed there.

Thank you!

• I guess Diana is not understanding the problem,,, the problem is not that we are not able to create/log into my account on their website,... the problem occurs when we try to activate the product..... I already have an account with bitdefender, when I try activate the product using this account I get this message

"Cannot connect to the server. Please try later to create the account."

I even reinstalled my windows, but the problem still persists.

When I contacted the support for first time, they asked me to register using this -

C:\program files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\bdwizreg.exe
    this didn't help, again same message.

I am getting this problem since a month now, I am getting mad by seeing that cannot connect to server message.... Plz help me solve this problem asap.

here I've attached the screenshot.

post-24822-1244692087_thumb.jpg

• Hello drraman007,

Thank you for the detailed description of the issue you have encountered. We will send you by e-mail a few steps that you can use to correct this situation.

Please check your Inbox in a couple of minutes.

• hey, I got the mail asking for alternate email to send patch,,, I provided them.... but still haven't got the patch.

• I have been having this same server access issue for over a month now and it doesn't matter if it's attempting to use an existing account or a new account... both fail. I tried it on both a Vista Ultimate Rel 2 system and XP Pro SP3 system with same results. Neither OS has the Windows firewall running nor any other restrictions. I can do a manual Bitdefender update on both systems so that shows I can connect to the Bitdefender update server. I can also log into my account on Bitdefender's web site too.

As an IT support person, I'm surprised Bitdefender has not resolve this issue. The attached Bitfenderd log shows nothing meaningful after the server failure. Bitdefender indicates my system expires in 205 days which ties to my initial install. I have another PC running ZoneAlarm and it has no issues. Yes I'm trying both top of the line products to see which is more efficient while being protective and easiest to use for non IT knowledge users... tech support person told me today that the unknowing customer base is almost 99.9% as a lot of IT professionals don't understand how windows apps work nor should they have too! It should work and be intuitive for all!

Hopping for a solution soon! Please escalate to your development staff. It's a great product so fix it before your customer base dwindles.

Thank you.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5258" data-fileid="5258" rel="">bdreginfo.log

• hey thanks Diana.... I got the patch and now my product is activated and working fine :D

• I have been having this same server access issue for over a month now and it doesn't matter if it's attempting to use an existing account or a new account... both fail. I tried it on both a Vista Ultimate Rel 2 system and XP Pro SP3 system with same results. Neither OS has the Windows firewall running nor any other restrictions. I can do a manual Bitdefender update on both systems so that shows I can connect to the Bitdefender update server. I can also log into my account on Bitdefender's web site too.

As an IT support person, I'm surprised Bitdefender has not resolve this issue. The attached Bitfenderd log shows nothing meaningful after the server failure. Bitdefender indicates my system expires in 205 days which ties to my initial install. I have another PC running ZoneAlarm and it has no issues. Yes I'm trying both top of the line products to see which is more efficient while being protective and easiest to use for non IT knowledge users... tech support person told me today that the unknowing customer base is almost 99.9% as a lot of IT professionals don't understand how windows apps work nor should they have too! It should work and be intuitive for all!

Hopping for a solution soon! Please escalate to your development staff. It's a great product so fix it before your customer base dwindles.

Thank you.

Hello win4 ,

An email with a patch that will solve this issue was sent to you , as a reply to the request that you have made . Do not hesitate to reply to our email if you have any other questions.

• I have been having the same exact problem as everyone else, I'm trying to set up Bitdefender on another computer and for 2 weeks now I've been seeing the Can't create Account message, I can log into my account just fine from the website but I can't log into the account when I try to register it on another computer, also when I try to access my account from an already registered copy I get the same message. I think there appears to be a patch as indicated above and would appreciate getting the patch to take care of this problem. Thank you very much

• I have been having the same exact problem as everyone else, I'm trying to set up Bitdefender on another computer and for 2 weeks now I've been seeing the Can't create Account message, I can log into my account just fine from the website but I can't log into the account when I try to register it on another computer, also when I try to access my account from an already registered copy I get the same message. I think there appears to be a patch as indicated above and would appreciate getting the patch to take care of this problem. Thank you very much

Hello L Conaway ,

Check if the patch provided through the email is working and reply to us in case you have the same issue .

• I'm having the same issue. Is there a place where I can download this patch? Thanks

• I may need patch as well, could you send me one please?

Thanks!

• Hello bani and pepper ,

We have sent you an email with the patch attached. Please reply if you need further assistance .

Thank you .

• i have an identical problem.

i have a 3pc license and cannot submit my existing account to one of the pc's.

could you please provide me with the patch as well - thank you.

goran

• i have an identical problem.

i have a 3pc license and cannot submit my existing account to one of the pc's.

could you please provide me with the patch as well - thank you.

goran

by the way - if so many people have problems with this issue - why not post the patch somewhere?

it seems like a logical solution - rather than sending emails individually... come on people can we get some prompt service... how would you feel every time you power up your pc you have to click 10 times the cancel button to remove stupid messages you cannot fix - for a product you paid for...

• Hello bani and pepper ,

We have sent you an email with the patch attached. Please reply if you need further assistance .

Thank you .

I have a same problem.

Please sent to me patch by email.

Thank you.

• Hello batorgil ,

We have sent you the patch through the email . Please reply if you have any other questions .

Thank you

• Phaser
    edited July 2009

I have relatively the same problem although what I do is fill in the form but after I click finsih, the box closes and nothing happens. I check my email and try to login on site but it doesn't work.

Please give me quick help on this otherwise I will consider switching products. I feel I should never have parted with £39.99 for this (Bitdefender Total Security 2009)

:(

Please send me the patch please.

• Hi i also have a problem whit my account creation i have tried to create one like fifteen times and i get the same problem every time i fill in my email password name and all that i click finish the screen becomes gray and then after a few min it closes it self but i never receive a email

• I have an active account with bit defender, have installed this on my pc before, now I can't activate the product as well. Yes I have uninstalled this. Tried to activate my account multiple times. Never had this problem before, would appreciate a patch if there is one. Thanks, D*

• I have an active account with bit defender, have installed this on my pc before, now I can't activate the product as well. Yes I have uninstalled this. Tried to activate my account multiple times. Never had this problem before, would appreciate a patch if there is one. Thanks, D*

Hello sduckie2 ,

We have sent you an email with the patch and also we have asked you for more information's regarding your account . Please reply when you have time.

Thank you .

• Me too, can't register. At the beggining I tought it was because of the company proxy but now, using a 3G connect card, the problem persists.

Regards

• I have the same issue with my BitDefender and I cannot create account using it. I have created the account using your online web service, but when I try to use it with BitDefender I get "cannot connect to server. please try later to create the account" message.

Maybe I need the patch as well, could you please send me one?

Thank you.

• For about 6 month ago, I had registered my bitdefender using my license key and creating an account.,

Unfortunately something happened and I had to reinstall my OS (Microsoft windows XP) and after that BitDefender was unable to sign in to my previous account (support@paya...) or create a new one...

I have the same problem: "Cannot connect to the server. Please try later to create the account."

I have Internet Security 2009 of your product.

Please Help...

Please Help...

Thanks

• airmanorange
    edited July 2009

Hello,

I am having the exact issues as the users above. Could I also get the patch? Thanks in advance.

• Hello airmanorange and Dashti ,

We have provided you the patch through the email . If you have any other questions do not hesitate to reply back .

Thank you .

• same problem can i have the patch please. and i agree that it should be posted somewhere so that people can get it instantly rather than wait for a reply from admin....

• Ran the patch, made sure firewall was disabled and I still receive "cannot connect to server"... Even tried to uninstall/reinstall no luck.

• Ran the patch, made sure firewall was disabled and I still receive "cannot connect to server"... Even tried to uninstall/reinstall no luck.

Hello airmanorange ,

We have sent you a response to the email that you sent us . Please reply back with the information's that we need.

Thank you .

• doctorDoom
    edited July 2009

I too cannot connect to the Update, I just get "An error occured during the update (Could not connect)".

Can I too get the patch, Thanks

• I also cant connect to register my BD... not sure why a link to the patch cannot be simply loaded here but I guess you can email it to me as well.....

• Hello doctorDoom and traderjai_inhi ,

We have created support tickets in our database and an email that includes the patch was sent to you . Please reply if you have any other questions .

Thank you .

• I too cannot connect to the Update, I just get "An error occured during the update (Could not connect)".

Can I too get the patch, Thanks

I have exactly the same problem - can you please email me the patch as well Alex?

• Has a fix been release for this issue? I am having the same problem. Its absolutely ridiculous that an issue has been going on for this long. I rate and give reviews of software for large enterprise websites like CNET, and I'm definitely going to remember this stupid annoyance, and the horrific job bitdefender is doing to correct it. I have an account, with two licenses (two different products), for multiple computers, and i am getting this error on all my computers. Unfortunately for me, my computers are scattered across the neighborhood, so I now have to travel back and forth if and when there is a fix for the issue.

• asimushr
    edited August 2009

Can I throw my hat in the ring too. I have had the same problem - even tried customer support a few months ago and received an unhelpful reply. Eventually used ***** free. I have just tried using Bitdefender Antivirus 2009 again (I paid for it after all) and have exactly the same activation problem. I have an account but get the same server error. Just posted a request for support but no reply yet. This product has an excellent review on Top Ten Software reviews - at this rate it would be hard to justify even if it does all other things well. I guess we need an update/patch urgently. Hope I get a response from support soon.

• legend-q8
    edited August 2009

helllo

i just bought the system and having the same problem i cant creat an account its says i cant connect to server and I too cannot connect to the Update, I just get "An error occured during the update

someone help me please

thanks