Parental Controll Password Required

I've installed Bitdefender 2009 trial version. Last friday suddenly I couldn't enter some websites because Parent Control has put those websites in the black list. It asked for the password to move the website in the white list, the problem is that I never set a password and I'm sure none did it! I can't reset the parent control settings.....anyone can help me??????

M.Rita

Comments

• When you set up the Parental control module it will ask you to create a password when you try to enable certain settings for Parental Control - this is a mandatory setting that you need to make when enabling this part of the product.

If you do not remember the password that you set up please let me know and I'll send you a procedure by e-mail that will reset that password.

• If you do not remember the password that you set up please let me know and I'll send you a procedure by e-mail that will reset that password.

Diana,

I have also forgotten my password. Could you send me info on the reset procedure. I sent a PM with my contact info. thanks! -Lee

• When you set up the Parental control module it will ask you to create a password when you try to enable certain settings for Parental Control - this is a mandatory setting that you need to make when enabling this part of the product.

If you do not remember the password that you set up please let me know and I'll send you a procedure by e-mail that will reset that password.

Great; can you please send me that same email re: procedure for reseting my password? I'm a registered Bitdefender 2009 user, who recently was forced to reinstall WindowsXP along with dozens of applications, including Bitdefender 2009....when, no thanks to Bitdefender 2009, an *.Exploit Virus invaded my system and dropped my computer to its knees. Days later, I'm just trying to disable ENABLE PASSWORD PROTECTION FOR PRODUCTS in the General Settings tab when and I get prompted for a password I've never set. ?

I sure would appreciate any assistance you're kind enough to provide.

my email is: imagebender@eclipstudios.com. Thanks!

• @studleylee and Imagebender

I will send you an e-mail in a couple of minutes with a procedure on how to reset that password.

• shanaazsolomon
    edited May 2009
    @studleylee and Imagebender

I will send you an e-mail in a couple of minutes with a procedure on how to reset that password.

Hi Diana could you please send me the same email.

thanx

• Unknown
    edited May 2009

Hello shanaaz solomon,

We have sent you the procedure for resetting the parental control password by e-mail. Also, I have edited out your post by removing the e-mail address to ensure your privacy on this forum. :)

Please let me know how it goes.

• Imtiaz383
    edited June 2009
    When you set up the Parental control module it will ask you to create a password when you try to enable certain settings for Parental Control - this is a mandatory setting that you need to make when enabling this part of the product.

********************************************************************************

Oye hey cmonn please!!! i'm sorry i couldn't first introduce who i am. My name is on the left <<< Imtiaz383. I only wannted the solution of how to change the parental control password. I put a password which is so pain staking to type and boring to remember. And i am very sure i will forget the password because my network password of Bit defender total security is totally different. Now i am sick, it would be kind. You'd leave me a reply at "***@y7mail.com"...Please : ( i need to change the password. Send me the procedure please!!!! At "***@y7mail.com"

• ********************************************************************************

Oye hey cmonn please!!! i'm sorry i couldn't first introduce who i am. My name is on the left <<< Imtiaz383. I only wannted the solution of how to change the parental control password. I put a password which is so pain staking to type and boring to remember. And i am very sure i will forget the password because my network password of Bit defender total security is totally different. Now i am sick, it would be kind. You'd leave me a reply at "***@y7mail.com"...Please : ( i need to change the password. Send me the procedure please!!!! At "***@y7mail.com"

Hello Imtiaz383 ,

We have sent you an email with the instructions that you need to follow. Send us back a reply if you have other questions.

• Imtiaz383
    edited June 2009
    When you set up the Parental control module it will ask you to create a password when you try to enable certain settings for Parental Control - this is a mandatory setting that you need to make when enabling this part of the product.

Wow that was a really quick onn reply...Thanx it's ok. i re-intalled and got it to full working again with the password right before i got your e-mail.

it would be great if you get to help me with this one out.

You know When installing Bit diffender from the setup?

I am currently using Windows Vista Home premium edition is full control, Administrator login. And any product that i install from Bit defender i get this installing error before 99%, shows "Could not write value Device to key \.DEFAULT\Software\SetID\Internal. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personel." You got any solutions to this? it happens to my other 2 computers using vista's of lower versions.

Wow that was a really quick onn reply...Thanx it's ok. i re-intalled and got it to full working again with the password right before i got your e-mail.

it would be great if you get to help me with this one out.

You know When installing Bit diffender from the setup?

I am currently using Windows Vista Home premium edition is full control, Administrator login. And any product that i install from Bit defender i get this installing error before 99%, shows "Could not write value Device to key \.DEFAULT\Software\SetID\Internal. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personel." You got any solutions to this? it happens to my other 2 computers using vista's of lower versions.

Hello Imtiaz383 ,

Because this issue is not related to the current topic I have sent you an email with the instructions that you need to follow. Reply back to my email if you need further help .

I don't know if you are the one i had a talk with that day about my bitdefender security gone bad. But hey !!! Help!! now if it is you, then reply back coz i really need ur help!!!! let the ###### happen, gotworse since yesterday and had never lessened, it's getting worse by today and not stopping. so i thought that it might be because of some unexpected applications error or watever, to why the firewall is giving me errors. so i had to send the report to bitdefender. but i just don't think it's worth it when they don't reply me yet they prompt for it. Now this is what shows up!!! this is the error i hate seeing after the previous bla bla bla. I like bitdefender but for several months i have uninstalled it because of the same error. and look now, i come back many times with the same error. See the attached file got an image of the service error it has now. and all the other services that mostly include security with firewall and all the other stuffs, it all shut off like ###### and now what should i do? check the image file!!!>>>>>

post-25163-1246491883_thumb.jpg

I don't know if you are the one i had a talk with that day about my bitdefender security gone bad. But hey !!! Help!! now if it is you, then reply back coz i really need ur help!!!! let the ###### happen, gotworse since yesterday and had never lessened, it's getting worse by today and not stopping. so i thought that it might be because of some unexpected applications error or watever, to why the firewall is giving me errors. so i had to send the report to bitdefender. but i just don't think it's worth it when they don't reply me yet they prompt for it. Now this is what shows up!!! this is the error i hate seeing after the previous bla bla bla. I like bitdefender but for several months i have uninstalled it because of the same error. and look now, i come back many times with the same error. See the attached file got an image of the service error it has now. and all the other services that mostly include security with firewall and all the other stuffs, it all shut off like ###### and now what should i do? check the image file!!!>>>>>

Hello Imtiaz383 ,

We have sent you an email for further investigation . Please reply when you have time.

Thank you .

• Hello Imtiaz383 ,

We have sent you an email with the instructions that you need to follow. Send us back a reply if you have other questions.

Hello my name is Tony and I need to change my parental control password, because I have a child that has figured it out. So if someone could email the instructions, I would very thankful.undefined

• Hello my name is Tony and I need to change my parental control password, because I have a child that has figured it out. So if someone could email the instructions, I would very thankful.undefined

Hello Tony,

Here is what you have to do :

1. Open BitDefender and click on Switch to Advanced View button.

2. Under the General module please click on the Settings tab .

3. If you have a password set and you know it , please uncheck the first option "Enable password protection for product settings" and type in your old password.

4 .Right now you don't have any password set. If you want to set a new one for Parental Control ,please click again on "Enable password protection for product settings" , make sure to check the option "Ask for/Apply password to Parental Control only" if you want to set a password only for Parental Control and type in your new password .

Thank you .

• Hi Diana B. could you please send me the same email.

thanx

• Hi Diana B. could you please send me the same email.

thanx

Hello t-long ,

We have sent you the procedure through the email . Please reply if you have any other questions .

Thank you .

• plzz help me i've set a password in bitdefender internet security 2009 but i i've forgot it.due to this i'm not

unable to unable to activate parental control feature.so plz help to unable it.my email id is manishrawat_knit@yahoo.com.

• I too have forgotten this password, and cannot adjust the parental controls.

Please send me the required info, as has been done in the other thread.

Thanx very much

• Hello manu1234 and ce3mpe ,

We have sent you the procedure that will help you reset the Parental Control password through the email . Please reply if you have any other questions .

Thank you .

please send me this procedure by e-mail

• Hello npn ,

We have sent you the procedure that will help you reset the Parental Control password through the email . Please reply if you have any other questions .

Thank you .

• Hi,

I have the same problem... can't seem to remember the password that protects BitDefender settings. I have BD Internet Security 2009.

I'm assuming you have access to my email? Can you send me the procedures?

Thanks!

• Hi, I have BD Internet Security 2009. How do I change the Parental Control password? I have already set one but, unfortunately, it wasn't secure enough...

I can't find a solution anywhere and the online help pages are of no use. Please advise!

-Ted

• Hello,

I am having this kind of issue. I set a password to protect the product settings only --not the parental control. I have Bitdefender Total Security 2009. Could you please send me an email with the procedure to reset the forgot password?

Thanks.

• Hey Alex,

Please send me that e-mail as well.

Thank You.

• Hello CoreFinder,

We have sent you the steps which will help you reset the parental control password. Let us now if we can help you with anything else.

Thank you.

• Hello CoreFinder,

We have sent you the steps which will help you reset the parental control password. Let us now if we can help you with anything else.

Thank you.

Hello Sir,

I had set my parental control password and now have lost it.

Kindly send me the procedure to reset the password.

thank you.

Hello Sir,

I had set my parental control password and now have lost it.

Kindly send me the procedure to reset the password.

thank you.

• I have the same problem... can't seem to remember the password that protects BitDefender Parental Control settings. I have BD Internet Security 2009.

Can you send me the procedures

• I forget my parental control password can you help me plz

• I also forgot my parental password. Would appreciate if tech support could send a email for the procedure to reset it.

Thank you

• Hello BLaHHZaY and 0dragon0,

We have sent you PM with the steps that you need to follow in order to reset the Parental Control password .

Thank you.

• Hello BLaHHZaY and 0dragon0,

We have sent you PM with the steps that you need to follow in order to reset the Parental Control password .

Thank you.

Hello.. I have not got any mail / PMs .. I need to reset my Parental control password..

Pls pls pls......

• Same here... I guess I mistyped the password when I set it up because I can't udpate the settings anymore. please send me the instructions on how to reset it.

Regards,

• Hello ffsb and abcdef,

We have sent you a PM that will help you reset the BitDefender Parental Control password. Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Thank you.

• please i also forgot the parental control password and need help on reseting this password. My email is: delafenelson@comcast.net, thank you.

• Hello ndelafe,

We have sent you the email . Let us know if we can help you with anything else .

Thank you.

• please send me same email

• Hi Alex,

Pls sent the procedure to reset the Parental Control password. through the email . I am using Internet 2010 and my email add is mr6kannan@gmail.com

Thank you .

• Me too please. Can you send me the same e-mail so I can reset and change my password? Thank you!

• I have the same problem For about a week I have been unable to receive my mail

If have entered the correct password, but it alweays rejected by the mail server.

I am then prompted for a new password, and when I enter a new password it is also

rejected by the server. Ive used Thunderbird for about 2 years but Im ready to quit

and go back to Outlook

• hi there..i hope someone could help me because the parental controll requires me a password i did not make.anyhow the problem is here already need some help with the customer support team of bitdefender if theres any way i can uninstall it or how to reset the said password without formatting my computer.any help will do.. thank you very much

• simpson09
    edited January 2010

could you please send me a the information for password reset i have bitdefender total security 2010 submits@live.co.uk

• I also forgot the password i kept few months ago. I need the procedure email . could u pls mail me to my mail id asap: szamina@gmail.com

• I also forgot the password i kept few months ago. I need the procedure email . could u pls mail me to my mail id asap: szamina@gmail.com

• Hello ZAMINA,

We have sent you via email the patch you need to run in order to reset the password.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you.

• i used bitdefender internet security 2010 and i forgot the parental password, could u tell me how to reset the parental password?

• Could I also have the patch, please?

/mv

• Please?

/mv

• This is quite possibly the worst customer service ever.

/mv