Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdis 2009 Blocks Windows Update

Options

I am using win7 rc, and BDIS 2009 blocks windows update, I have the same issue on my other computer with BDIS 2010.

Thx.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Silver Arc,

Please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender, go to the Advanced View button in the upper menu and click on Firewall; Temporarily uncheck "Firewall is enabled". Now please test in order to see if the issue reoccurs.

2. If it doesn't reoccur please re-enable the Firewall, then select the Network tab in the upper menu and click on the current "Network Type", pull down the drop-down menu and select "Trusted Local", Stealth to "No" and Generic to "Yes".

3. Also , if you still cannot update Windows , please click on the Rules tab and click on the "Reset Rules" button . Choose Yes, when you will be asked if you agree with this action .

Let us know what happened .

Thank you .

• Hello Silver Arc,

Please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender, go to the Advanced View button in the upper menu and click on Firewall; Temporarily uncheck "Firewall is enabled". Now please test in order to see if the issue reoccurs.

2. If it doesn't reoccur please re-enable the Firewall, then select the Network tab in the upper menu and click on the current "Network Type", pull down the drop-down menu and select "Trusted Local", Stealth to "No" and Generic to "Yes".

3. Also , if you still cannot update Windows , please click on the Rules tab and click on the "Reset Rules" button . Choose Yes, when you will be asked if you agree with this action .

Let us know what happened .

Thank you .

I have followed all 3 steps, when I uncheck the firewall checkbox in step #1, windows update works.

Step #2,3 did not make any difference.

Is there anything that I can do so that I dont have to uncheck firewall every time I have to run and update.

Thank you!

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Silver Arc ,

Please try the following workaround :

1. Open BitDefender, go to the Advanced View button in the upper menu and click on Firewall .

2. Click on the Rules tab and click on the Advanced button from the right .

3. Look after a process called "wuauclt.exe"( Windows Update AutoUpdate Client) and make sure that it is set to Allow .

4. If you do not find it , please click on the Add Rules button (the represented by the "+" sign) from the top , browse to the next location :

C:\WINDOWS\system32 , select the "wuauclt.exe" process then click on Open .

5. Leave the default settings , make sure to select the Action - Allow then click on Ok .

Try to update Windows and look if you have the same issues .

• Hello Silver Arc ,

Please try the following workaround :

1. Open BitDefender, go to the Advanced View button in the upper menu and click on Firewall .

2. Click on the Rules tab and click on the Advanced button from the right .

3. Look after a process called "wuauclt.exe"( Windows Update AutoUpdate Client) and make sure that it is set to Allow .

4. If you do not find it , please click on the Add Rules button (the represented by the "+" sign) from the top , browse to the next location :

C:\WINDOWS\system32 , select the "wuauclt.exe" process then click on Open .

5. Leave the default settings , make sure to select the Action - Allow then click on Ok .

Try to update Windows and look if you have the same issues .

Hi!,

I have modifyed svchost.exe to allow, and that allowed windows update to connect. Dont know why BD would set it to deny.

I have another issue similar to this one, error reporting and solution neither cannot send reports nor get solution of the internet.

Thank you!

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Silver Arc ,

Regarding the other issue that you encountered . Please reply to my email with a description of that sittuation and with the files that we have asked you .

Thank you .