Bit Defender 2010 Won't Connect To Internet

Hi,

After reading some of the other forum topics, it looks like in some cases B/D 2010 won't connect to the internet to create the user's account, or to update the antivirus definitions. This is in spite of the fact that the user has a working internet connection. I am having a similar problem, in that B/D is telling me it cannot connect, but I am certain my connection is working otherwise. It looks like a workaround was sent to the last person who posted this problem in the forum via email, though it was not posted. Could I please find out what that workaround was if anyone knows? Thanks for your time. I really appreciate it.

-Chris

Comments

• I'm in the same boat as you Chris..... Can someone please email me the workaround for this as well? The darn thing wont connect to the net!

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    edited August 2009

What firewall are you using (in case you combine BD Antivirus with a 3-rd party firewall )?

From my own exprience i can tell you that ,if i do not alow connections for different BD modules towards HTTP/HTTPS remote ports ,in my firewall settings ,then BD will not update and log into the account.

Also if you re using a proxy make the apropriate settings.

• Currently, I'm not using a 3rd party firewall. I only had Windows firewall active, but I turned it off right before B/D was installed and it is still off. I am not using a proxy server so I think I'm okay there. This is very mysterious to me since I used to run Norton which did not seem to be affected when it ran auto updates, but I don't know why this would or would not have occured.

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭

Are you using a BD suite (with firewall included ) or you re surfing now with no firewall on :o ?

Also make sure you ve removed all Norton registry remainings.

If you have no firewall on then you can already reinstall Windows :D .

• I'm pretty sure all the Norton registries are gone from my old software. B/D firewall appears to be working correctly. I haven't been surfing the net without a firewall active.

Here is some other info for admins if it helps any:

I'm running version 13.0.13 of of B/D 2010

I'm running Windows XP with all recent service packs (up to 3) installed.

1G RAM

AMD Dual 3800+

(You can also check the screenshot below for what I'm seeing)

It looks like several workarounds were emailed to people with this problem. If any admins are reading this can I find out what those were? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

post-26639-1251640308_thumb.jpg

• I'm pretty sure all the Norton registries are gone from my old software. B/D firewall appears to be working correctly. I haven't been surfing the net without a firewall active.

Here is some other info for admins if it helps any:

I'm running version 13.0.13 of of B/D 2010

I'm running Windows XP with all recent service packs (up to 3) installed.

1G RAM

AMD Dual 3800+

(You can also check the screenshot below for what I'm seeing)

It looks like several workarounds were emailed to people with this problem. If any admins are reading this can I find out what those were? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'm in the same boat. I'm having this problem after a clean format of windows. Bitdefender can't connect to the internet yet my connection is live and active.

• Hello FuSchnickens and Chris B,

We have sent you a procedure through the email that should help you overcome this sittuation . Please reply back if you have any other questions .

Thank you .

• Hi again,

I followed the steps detailed in the email. However, although the product appears registered I am still unable to create the account. The registration screen prompts me to click the "next button", (presumeably to create the account), but no "Next" button even appears in order to continue with this step. I tried restarting. Should I reinstall B/D and try again? (Check the screen shot below for what I'm seeing. The activation key has been whited out via Paint for the sake of internet posting.) I thought maybe the email steps created the account somehow on the B/D website. In any case, I'm not sure that I'm any farther along then before. I still can't create an account for tect support and I still can't update my definitions. sorry to keep posting stuff, but I'm not sure what else to do.

-Chris

post-26639-1251738833_thumb.jpg

• Hi Alex, I just installed BitDefender internet security 2010 and had the same internet connection problem. Could you please send me the procedure as well? Thanks...

• Exact same problem. Please send me whatever steps are required to get past this problem. I just purchased this product and I would think connecting to the Internet would not be a difficult thing for it to do.

• Actually, my problem may be a little different than that of Chris. My software registered and accepted the lcense key, but will not activate. It says that activation failed because there was no connection to the internet. My internet connection is valid and working. I have attached a screen capture of the error I'm receiving.

I need to activate the software, so a work around is required.

post-26702-1251749035_thumb.jpg

• Hello NewUser123, tengin and Chris B,

NewUser123 and tengin: We have sent you the procedure through the email. Please reply if you have any other questions .

Chris B : We have sent you another email that will help you create a BitDefender account.

This issue is known and we are currently working on a fix .We are sorry for this sittuation and please rest assure that it will resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you .

• Okay,

I've got my account created through the link I was sent. Thank you very much for your help so far. I'll hold tight in the meantime for the antivirus update thing.

-Chris

• Okay,

I've got my account created through the link I was sent. Thank you very much for your help so far. I'll hold tight in the meantime for the antivirus update thing.

-Chris

Same issue here. The product has accepted my registration code but will not connect to the internet to create an account. Please send me this procedure as well.

• I haven't got any e-mails up to now, I checked the spam, its not there either. Could you please re-send it? My problem was : I couldn't activate the product since BitDefender could not see the internet connection. Registration is ok somehow...Thanks.

Hello NewUser123, tengin and Chris B,

NewUser123 and tengin: We have sent you the procedure through the email. Please reply if you have any other questions .

Chris B : We have sent you another email that will help you create a BitDefender account.

This issue is known and we are currently working on a fix .We are sorry for this sittuation and please rest assure that it will resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you .

• Hello Again,

I fixed it!!! Apparently, after I initially uninstalled my old version of Norton there were residual elements of the program blocking Bit Defender updates as well as some other software :D . For me I ran the Norton Removal Tool from symantec's website and got rid of the rest of the old software. After that, Bit Defender has had no problem updating and is working great. If you are replacing old anti-virus software......see if this does the trick for you!!!

Many thanks to all the tech support folks who patiently answered all questions. I think I'm good to go now!!!

.........I'm going to make french toast to celebrate......peace out.

• Hi Chris, it's good that one of us solved the problem at last :) Did you uninstall and re-install BitDefender again after cleaning the residuals?? I was using Avira before and I used CCleaner to clean some registry residuals but couldn't activate the BitDefender account again (no internet connection problem as usual)

Hello Again,

I fixed it!!! Apparently, after I initially uninstalled my old version of Norton there were residual elements of the program blocking Bit Defender updates as well as some other software :D . For me I ran the Norton Removal Tool from symantec's website and got rid of the rest of the old software. After that, Bit Defender has had no problem updating and is working great. If you are replacing old anti-virus software......see if this does the trick for you!!!

Many thanks to all the tech support folks who patiently answered all questions. I think I'm good to go now!!!

.........I'm going to make french toast to celebrate......peace out.

• No...I did not reinstall Bit Defender. I just ran the Removal Tool and then rebooted my computer. B/D updates then worked without a hitch. :huh: I think that explains why Skype was on the fritz too.

• No...I did not reinstall Bit Defender. I just ran the Removal Tool and then rebooted my computer. B/D updates then worked without a hitch. :huh: I think that explains why Skype was on the fritz too.

Hi Chris,

What's the procedure to register BD when it does not find internet connection ?

thanks,

• Hello Theo381 and tengin,

Tengin, I have resent you the email . My previous one had an attachment that contain an executable file and as you may know, Gmail blocks all the emails with this type of files attached.

Theo381, I have sent you a reply to the support ticket that you have in our database. Please send us back an email if you have any other questions .

Thank you .

• I guess the procedure if B/D won't connect is different depending on your situation. For me I was switching from Norton Antivirus to Bit Defender. In my case, there were remnants of the Norton program still on my system that was blocking B/D from updating virus definitions and creating my account via the main registration GUI. Ultimately I discovered that in order to completely remove Norton from my system besides uninstalling it, I had to go to Symantec's website in order download and run a special Norton Removal tool that takes everything off of the system.

So if you are switching from Norton to B/D this solution may work for you as well. If you're switching from some other AV software (i.e Kapersky or whatever) they may have their own removal tool, but I don't really know what you're experiencing. If this doesn't describe your situation you may have a different problem. :)

• Hello , i "ve got same problem . I"m succesfully entered my license key but i dont sign in my accaunt. I don"t have any old Antivirus program.

• the same problem with me.

please send the activation link, and the link for creating a new account

• My problem is a bit different than the others posted here.

My initial install, account registration and updates were successful. BUT shortly after completing the 'QUICK SCAN' my start menu bar BitDefender icon indicated I had 'one' problem file. While trying unsuccessfully to fix that problem, it was brought to my attentiom that the firewall was disabled. (See my post on still not being able to activate the firewall).

It was at this point I could no longer log onto the internet!! The only way I could write to this forum asking for help, was to remove the program from my computer completely.

HELP!!

• Hello needhlp,

In order to be able to help you, please reply tot the email that we have sent you with the requested reports.

Thank you .

• I sent an email asking for help about this same issue but haven't yet had a reply. Could someone also send me a work around for this same issue.

Im running XP64, no previous A/V installed and no firewall.

Thank you!

• Bitdefender can't connect to the internet yet my connection is live and active.

Plzz help...... plzzzzzzzzzzz...... -_-

I jus installed my windows.. other then bit defender i havent installed any other anti virus , i have also turned off windows firewall.. plzz help me

ThanX

• ThanX AloT

I received your mail n it Fixed th issue i was facing..! thanks again...:)

• I'm having the same problem with two of my computers, Alex can you please send me the fix?

Thanks

• Hi Alex,

I have the same problem with guys in here i.e. not able to register due to 'no internet connection detected'. And I've also PMed you earlier.

Appreciate if you could e-mail me the procedure as well.

Thanks

• Hello,

my problem fits into the same terms except for the fact that I found the simple and not acceptable solution - turning off the BD Firewall. Once I activate it, even though its set to allow all, my internet connection is gone. The packets dropped indicator grows steadily and my connection is shown as 0kb/s.

I have to mention that I connect to the internet trough an ADSL modem. Please let me know how I can fix this.

Thank you.

• Hello AhnDray,

This issue need to be further investigated . That is why, we have sent you an email that will help you obtain some reports that we need to look on . Please reply with these files attached when you have time.

Thank you .

• I also cannot activate my BitDefender 2010 antivirus. Same thing, says I'm not connected to the internet.

Hello FuSchnickens and Chris B,

We have sent you a procedure through the email that should help you overcome this sittuation . Please reply back if you have any other questions .

Thank you .

• even i have the same problem....it says that there is no internet connection....

can u please send me the procedure too....

• Hi there,

I have the exact same problem. My Total Security 2010 tells me it can't register my account because there's no internet connection, which is simply false. So I'd be thankful for some help or the instructions e-mail as well.

Regards,

Chillaxed

• First let me say that i am having NO problems with anything else connecting.

I try to activate my newly installed total security and it says I am not connected to the internet, (but i am!) and to connect they try again. I have tried many times with no luck. Now I have an installed program that can not keep my computer safe till it is activated. :huh: *sigh*

• Hey, Can someone help me,

Ive been having the same problem, my bitdefender will not connect to the internet, ive tried many things. I got a program from the Avast site to get rid of my old Avast properly, i also turned off the firewall and i have no proxy on, BUT IT STILL SAYS "Bit defender cannot connect to the internet" <_<

• Actually, my problem may be a little different than that of Chris. My software registered and accepted the lcense key, but will not activate. It says that activation failed because there was no connection to the internet. My internet connection is valid and working. I have attached a screen capture of the error I'm receiving.

Mine is doing the exact same thing. I got mine through the vine program on Amazon and would love to give this a good review but have to be able to use it first. sigh

Nice to know it is NOT me or my computer tho.

• They keep sending me a link by email to reg. my program, that is not the problem, that is already done. I can not create an account to activate it. As with others it says I do not have an internet connection, but I do...and it is working. *sigh*

• Hello Administrators,

Is there a patch for this problem?

My experience with BD Internet Security 2010 is the following: When I try to activate my product there's an error message "Activation failed because no internet connection was detected. Please connect to the internet and try again."

It's strange because the "Update" functionality works after I manually declared my proxy.

Thanks,

• Hello all,

Finally I've got it working. After disconnecting the cable and letting my PC run only on the WLAN, I was able to get BitDefender to register myself and activate the product. There seems to be a conflict with the proxy server as our office uses both wireless LAN and cabled LAN.

I only did this after observing the "Update" functionality on my Acrobat Reader 9.0 which also does not work if my computer is connected to the cabled LAN.

Cheers :)

Hello Administrators,

Is there a patch for this problem?

My experience with BD Internet Security 2010 is the following: When I try to activate my product there's an error message "Activation failed because no internet connection was detected. Please connect to the internet and try again."

It's strange because the "Update" functionality works after I manually declared my proxy.

Thanks,

• I've got the same problem, need that email sent to everyone here please.

• I too have got the problem that I can't create an accont or login (no internet connection), but Bitdefender did confirm my license is valid. Can I have the e-mail with the workaround, please?

• I have the same problem. Can you please send me the instructions ?

• Hello FuSchnickens and Chris B,

Thank you .

I have encountered this same issue. Please email this solution to my email as well.

Why isn't Bitdefender posting this solution instead of requiring people to have the solution emailed to them?

• I have exactly the same problem. Could you please send this solution to my email as well? Thanks.

I have encountered this same issue. Please email this solution to my email as well.

Why isn't Bitdefender posting this solution instead of requiring people to have the solution emailed to them?

• im in the registration wizard and i go to log in the my (previously created account) and it says in red letters " BitDefender activation failed! Activation failed because no internet connection was detected, please connect to the internet and try again."

info: im using a linksys wireless usb adapter to connect to the wireless router in my house and im using vista home basic

can someone tell me how to fix this?

I had that identical problem and found a solution. My computer was a laptop that had both wireless and wired network adapters. I was using the wireless adapter to access the internet; the wired adapter was enabled but not connected to anything. On a hunch I disabled the wired adapter, retried the activation, and it worked.

• im in the registration wizard and i go to log in the my (previously created account) and it says in red letters " BitDefender activation failed! Activation failed because no internet connection was detected, please connect to the internet and try again."

info: im using a linksys wireless usb adapter to connect to the wireless router in my house and im using vista home basic

can someone tell me how to fix this?

Are there any other network adapters enabled on your computer? I had the same problem and was able to fix it by disabling my wired network adapter (which was not connected to a wired network but was an active adapter). I then repeated the activation and it worked.

• I also have the same "create account" problem for BD antivirus 2010, can i get the email as well?

This discussion has been closed.