Post Here When You Have To Restart Your Pc

Seems like a lot of us are having the same problem and despite the fixes that are posted, nothing seems to be working. Perhaps if we show the BD people how often this is happening, they will recognize this is a major problem with their software.

Comments

• Re-started

• Yep, me too. Firewall fails to work half the time when I start my PC. Although, if I then scan any file with BD2010, the firewall suddenly starts working again. See my own post about this.

• re-started

• re-started

• re-started

haven't restarted my pc ,since i took control,lol just bd several times,lol

it would seem that the problem lies with the seccenter part of bd or what ever is responsible to re initilize it,

• haven't restarted my pc ,since i took control,lol just bd several times,lol

it would seem that the problem lies with the seccenter part of bd or what ever is responsible to re initilize it,

Well, hopefully BD checks out your fix and creates an update (that I'll inevitably have to restart my PC to get, lol) that can solve this problem.

• Hello gdobbs23,

We have sent you an email with the instructions that will help you send us back some reports that we need for analysis. These files will be forwarded to my colleagues from the Testing Team so that we can come back with a solution as soon as possible. We already have the reports sent by Davey and it will be great if you could sent us the files that we need from your system .

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

• Hello gdobbs23,

Thanks Alex. I sent this in the email, but maybe I'll get a response quicker here:

For the livesrv.log and upgrepl.log where you say to reproduce the issue a couple of times, should I send the log while I still have the red triangle telling me there is something wrong or should I restart my PC, temporarily fixing the issue, and then send the log? I guess what I'm wondering is will the log show that I had to restart my PC a couple of times?

• i used to have this problem but for the last several days it looks like gone.

we'll see what happens when the next product update comes in.

:mellow:

• Hello gdobbs23,

Thank you for the reports. First of all, please follow the steps from my previous email . After you reboot your system, you will have to open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Update module and hit the Update Now button. If the issue reproduce on your system, you should receive the message that BitDefender have been stopped temporarily for an update.

You don't have to reboot your system after that. Simply go to the next location:C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\DTrace and look after the files "livesrv.log" and "upgrepl.log" . Reply to our email with the these files attached.

Thank you.

• Hello gdobbs23,

Thank you for the reports. First of all, please follow the steps from my previous email . After you reboot your system, you will have to open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Update module and hit the Update Now button. If the issue reproduce on your system, you should receive the message that BitDefender have been stopped temporarily for an update.

You don't have to reboot your system after that. Simply go to the next location:C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\DTrace and look after the files "livesrv.log" and "upgrepl.log" . Reply to our email with the these files attached.

Thank you.

well here's an incremental update:

As i have not had to re-start bd recently i'm assuming that the crashing bug during update is fixed? or is it not doing so because i'm the lucky one today?, But i can say ,It is still checking for and downloading for the update servers more than once per each hour usually at the rate of twice per hour(30mins apart) sometimes even 3 times within a 60min period,i have mine set to update hourly

(defualt) but selecting 2 6 9 hrs will make no difference, only way to stop it is disable updates

• Hello gdobbs23,

Files have been emailed. Hope you guys can find a fix.

• Hello gdobbs23,

Thank you for the reports. This issue will be solved through automatic update in approximately 2 weeks, when a new major update will be released.

Once again please accept our apologizes for any inconveniences this situation might have caused.

Thank you.