Port Forwarding Problem

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up my new Windows 7 install. I'm using uTorrent and after I forwarded my chosen port in my router, I was getting connection errors from the uTorrent port checking website.

After looking at the BitDender logs I saw that the firewall was blocking incoming packets on that port because of Stealth Mode.

Sure enough, disabling Stealth mode fixed my problem and uTorrent reports the port as being fully open.

My problem: It seems strange that I have to totally disable stealth mode so I can have one port open. Is there a way to have the firewall accept all packets to a specified port, while keeping Stealth Mode on?

Currently the only rule governing uTorrent is that is should allow all traffic. I tried creating a specific rule which specified my forwarded port, but that did not help. I have only had luck solving this by manually turning off Stealth Mode.

Is this normal? Am I not configuring something else properly? I'm stumped. Please help!

Much Thanks!

Comments

• There is a bug in the stealth module which prevents some server applications working properly. It should be fixed in the next update.

• There is a bug in the stealth module which prevents some server applications working properly. It should be fixed in the next update.

Okay. I'll look forward to the update then.

Thank you very much for the response!

• It looks like the latest update has done nothing to fix this problem. I still need to disable stealth mode to get a clear connection using P2P.

Any updates on the situation?

Thanks

• I have the same problem.

• Hi,

Unfortunately, the firewall drivers didn't get into the last update (not enough testing). I'll see what I can do the to speed-up the process.

• Hi,

Unfortunately, the firewall drivers didn't get into the last update (not enough testing). I'll see what I can do the to speed-up the process.

That's good to hear. Thank you for the information.

• I still have the problem with Stealth Mode blocking data from uTorrent and other "server" programs. There have been many "engine" updates since I first reported this problem, and things are exactly the same. The only thing I can do is disable Stealth Mode, which is a crappy solution.

I'm also still getting the random inability to access webpages. Sometimes they just won't load. Then the problem will go away. Windows Event viewer is reporting DNS errors, saying it can't reach the DNS server.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit and Bitdefender Internet Security 2010.

Can someone verify that Bitdefender is aware of these problems and that they are working on them!?

• This situation is still unresolved after several weeks and many BitDefender updates.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Is this, in fact, a known bug that is being worked on? (If so, why was it supposed to be fixed by now, but it's not... am I having a different problem?)

Could it be a way I have things set up?

Thanks for any help with this issue!

• I am also having this problem, and would really like if it could get fixed. <_<