Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2010 Windows 7 Menu Problem

Options

Dear Sirs

After the latest major update, everything is now working with WLM however i think i new problem has arised, right clicking on any icon on the desktop or open "File" menu in the explorer would freeze explorer.exe rendering it unusable and has to restart the service ...

Im using TS 2010 and Windows Seven Professional 32x

Regards

Comments

• I am having the same problem on machine after machine. Only way to solve it has been to remove bitdefender, and install a trial of another AV product.

Not my favorite choice, but I have 10 machines to keep running, and just purchased the licenses for these :(

Dear Sirs

After the latest major update, everything is now working with WLM however i think i new problem has arised, right clicking on any icon on the desktop or open "File" menu in the explorer would freeze explorer.exe rendering it unusable and has to restart the service ...

Im using TS 2010 and Windows Seven Professional 32x

Regards

• Well its not a solution to run another AV, cuz u paid for it, they tried to solve WLM problem which was an easy one the wrecked the Explorer.exe :S hope they find a solution soon

• Did not say it was a nice one, but it worked.

• There are 3 modules in BitDefender 2010 that integrate with explorer.exe : File Vault, File Shredder and Custom Scan.

Maybe one of it causes the freeze.

You can try unregistering them:

Open a command prompt window (WinKey + R) and type cmd.exe

Assuming you have BitDefender installed in C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010, type:

c:
    cd "C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010"

Try unregistering File Shredder typing in command prompt window:

regsvr32 -u fshredctx.dll

You might get an error, but the module will still unregister. To register it back type

regsvr32 fshredctx.dll

If unregistering this module doesn't solve your problem, try doing the same with File Vault:

regsvr32 -u bdfvsctx.dll

Register it back with:

regsvr32 bdfvsctx.dll

The last, Custom Scan:

regsvr32 -u bdshellext.dll

Register it back with:

regsvr32 bdshellext.dll

Note that unregistering any of the modules does not affect any functionality. You can still access and use them form BitDefender's Interface.

Good Luck

• Dear Alin

Well i dont know if u have done anything cuz after today's update everything started to work just fine !!! i'll inform if any changes appear regards

• I am having the same problem. With bitdefender total security 2010 installed, right clicking on any icon or from within Windows Explorer causes Explorer to hang and crash. I have a clean install of Windows 7 Pro with Office 2003 installed. I have all bitdefender updates, Win7 updates and Office 2003 updates installed. If I uninstall bitdefender, problem goes away.

• Problem solved (for me at least). I unregister the file shredder dll as outlined in post by Alin Calita and problem went away.

Code:

regsvr32 -u fshredctx.dll

Thanks Alin

• The problem reappeared again after my last post and i used regsvr32 -u fshredctx.dll and everything is fine now thanx alin and cheers to all

• I don't have this problem, and I have Win 7 64 bit BitDefender TS 2010. Why is that?

• I was having this issue and this "regsvr32 -u fshredctx.dll" fixed it. Hopefully an update will fix this soon.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello all,

We wish to inform you that this sittuation have been solved today, through automatic update . In case you still have the same issues, please let us know .

Thank you.

• Hello all,

We wish to inform you that this sittuation have been solved today, through automatic update . In case you still have the same issues, please let us know .

Thank you.

Dear Alex,

Good Day,

Unfortumnately, i have Internet Security 2010 with Windows 7 and the software is up to date but the hang problem still.

any other solution that it can solve my issue ?

Appreciate your support and help.

Cubebox

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options

Hello Cubebox,

Please browse to the next location : C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010 , look after the file : fshredctx.dll, right click on it, choose Properties then click on the Version tab. Please tell us what is the version from your computer. It should be : 13.0.17.1 .

Also, please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

Thank you.

• Hello Cubebox,

Please browse to the next location : C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010 , look after the file : fshredctx.dll, right click on it, choose Properties then click on the Version tab. Please tell us what is the version from your computer. It should be : 13.0.17.1 .

Also, please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

Thank you.

Dear Alex,

Good Day and thank you for your advise.

The fact that i have Internet Security 2010 version so that file you had mentioned above ( fshredctx.dll ) is not available, but when i had tried to unregistering this file ( bdfvsctx.dll ) the problem solved ( knowing that the file version is ( 13.0.15.17 ) and my software is up to date, and whenever i restart my pc, i should do the same thing to solve the issue.

As for the report, i had upload it to other site, due it is block in our country.

Waiting to hear from you shortley.

Cubebox

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Cubebox,

We need to 2 more reports from you. If possible, please download the "support.bat" tool from the next link, run it in the same location where the file was downloaded and you will see that 2 reports will be created : BitDefender.log and BitDefender1.log . Upload them on the same website then send me a PM with the download link .

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

• Hello Cubebox,

We need to 2 more reports from you. If possible, please download the "support.bat" tool from the next link, run it in the same location where the file was downloaded and you will see that 2 reports will be created : BitDefender.log and BitDefender1.log . Upload them on the same website then send me a PM with the download link .

Thank you.

Hello Alex,

I had sent you the log files that you requested above.

Looking forward to your solution.

Cubebox

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Cubebox,

Thank you for the reports . We will contact you as soon as the analysis is complete.

Thank you.

• I noticed it happens with PC that have SiS chipset! I own an old notebook Asus A6KT (Sis chipset) and right click hangs with Bitdefender installed with Windows XP. Same behaiviour occours on a Fujtsu Siemens SCALEO Pentium 4 3.06Ghz with Asus Sis Motherboard and Windows 7 x32 installed.

I hope this info will help you! ^_^

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Venturer,

Also, is the contextual menu displayed after you right click or it hangs and you need to reboot your system ?

If possible please also follow the steps bellow on the computer where you have this issue :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

Thank you.

• Hello Venturer,

fshredctx.dll is version 13.0.2.73 on both systems! Should i upgrade this dll? How i can do it?

Thank you! :)

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Venturer,

You should simply open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Update module then hit the Update now button. Reboot your computer if you are asked. After you restart your computer, in Expert Mode, click on the Registration module and tell us what BitDefender version do you have. It should be 13.0.18 .

If the update is not working please follow the steps from my previous post .

Thank you.

• Hello Venturer,

You should simply open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Update module then hit the Update now button. Reboot your computer if you are asked. After you restart your computer, in Expert Mode, click on the Registration module and tell us what BitDefender version do you have. It should be 13.0.18 .

If the update is not working please follow the steps from my previous post .

Thank you.

Hello Alex!

My Bitdefender 2010 TS is 13.0.16 even after upgrade & reboot! What should i do?

Many thanks!

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options

Hello Venturer,

A solution will be to reinstall BitDefender using the latest kit from our website :http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2010_32b.exe or simply follow the steps from the next topic and send me a PM with the support tool report in order to investigate what is causing this sittuation.

Thank you.

• Hello Venturer,

A solution will be to reinstall BitDefender using the latest kit from our website :http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2010_32b.exe or simply follow the steps from the next topic and send me a PM with the support tool report in order to investigate what is causing this sittuation.

Thank you.

I can't update BD 2010 TS Build even after a complete reinstall!

Email with report sent!

Thank you for your support! ^_^

• Dear Alex,

Unfortunately, i still waitiing for your response on my case, but no feedback so far,

anyways, i had tried to intstall fresh copy ( after i use uninstall tools for BitDefender ) and verything solved now...

Thank you for your support.

Cubebox