Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Dinamica Ego Stumbling On Xp With Bd2010

Options

I have been using and beta-testing Dinamica EGO (cellular automota-based spatial modeling software) latest version 1.40 for their development team for some months and have recently switched back to XP Pro from Vista Ultimate because of a hardware failure, and have found that the latest BD2010 update is causing the program to bomb on initialization. However, I can get it to load if I turn on BD2010's Game Mode. What I can't figure out how to do is to add Dinamica EGO to the list of items that turn on Game Mode automatically. Can anyone shed light on this? Thanks much.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options

Hello Samba Ndiaye,

We may think that this sittuation is caused by the BitDefender Active Virus Control option. In order to overcome this sittuation try to add Dinamica EGO as an exclusion from Active Virus Control. In order to do this we recommend you to follow the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab click on the Advanced Settings button .

2. The BitDefender Active Virus Control Settings window should be displayed. Click on the add button, represented by the plus (+) sign and browse to the location were Dinamica EGO is installed.

3. Here, select the executable file of this program (.exe) and choose Open.

Test to see if the same issue occurs after that.

Thank you.

• I wish you were correct, but this solution did not work. I added one EXE and then one by one all of the Dinamica EXEs to the List of Exclusions to the Active Virus Control, but this had no effect on the outcome. Still, the only way to load Dinamica is by putting BD2010 into Game Mode.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Samba Ndiaye,

Please try to disable Active Virus Control, reboot your system then check if the same issue occurs.

Thank you.

• I disabled Active Virus Control and rebooted, and Dinamica loaded just fine. Then I closed Dinamica and enabled Active Virus Control and Dinamica would not start. So I would say 1) that Active Virus Control is the culprit, and 2) there is something amiss with the Exclusions List in that Active Virus Control is not reading the exclusion list or not reading it quick enough.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Samba Ndiaye,

In order to be able to further investigate this issue we need to reproduce this sittuation. If possible, please upload the installation kit of the software on http://www.sendspace.com/, then send me a PM with the download link. The program will be used by my colleagues from the Testing Team for a further investigation of this sittuation .

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.