Deep System Scan Crash Windows 7

Hi All,

I've just done a nice clean install of Windows 7 home premium 64bit. After installing Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 and registering, I decided to run a deep system scan. About 20 mins in, my system seems to just crash and reboot.

Can anybody give me any ideas as to what is going on or a fix please?

Many thanks

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited November 2009

Hello jinxpad,

Please tell us if you happen to have a Blue screen crash or a BitDefender crash or if there are any error messages displayed . You should follow the steps bellow so that we can have a look on the support tool generated on your system :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

Thank you.

• Hello jinxpad,

Please tell us if you happen to have a Blue screen crash or a BitDefender crash or if there are any error messages displayed . You should follow the steps bellow so that we can have a look on the support tool generated on your system :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

Thank you.

almost the same situation . after installing bd 2010 (win7 ultimate 64) I have crashes with blu screen crash, ,but can't find support tool in bd folder. please urgent

• Hello birba,

The "supporttool.exe" file should be located here : C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010 . Look for it one more time, or use the Windows search option and look if you can find it.

We received through the email the system dumps that were created after you received the Blue Screen error message. Please check the steps provided through the email and let us know what happens .

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.