Bitdefender Firewall Activated But Doesn't Block

i keep my PC running 24x7, with bitdefender 2010 installed with auto update, recently i counter something not right, i'm sometime using different browser, sometimes safari, mozilla firefox, and internet explorer

recently my internet explorer keep downloading youtube video when i'm done watching,even when i close the browser (i can see it from net meter), so like usual i try to block internet explorer using BD firewall, then switch to mozilla

weird that the net meter counter doesn't drop when i block IE, usualy when i used in bitdefender 2009, blocking the program will drop connection immediately

when i check running IE again, it still connect to internet!!!!!! even when iblocked all port, i set protection level to report.

i reset the rules, when try running IE again, bitdefender firewall simply report, but doesn't block, looks like bitdefender 2k10 firewall is Dud, it doesn't block at all!!

o yes, by the way, im running windows 7 with bitdefender 2k10,

previously i'm running vista with bitdefender 2k9 (in this os, bitdefender rocks, it works as it should be)

please dear kind sir/mam solve this matter

much oblige

claud

Comments

• claudluciffer
    edited December 2009

o yes, im running bitdefender internet security 2k10 by the way :), in my windows is windows 7 X64

much oblige

claud

• Hello claudluciffer,

In order to investigate this sittuation we need a couple of reports from your system. Here are the instructions that will help you obtain them :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

Also, please browse to the next location : C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Firewall , look after the "profiles.xml" and "rules.xml" files and reply to our email with them attached.

We are looking forward to your reply .

Thank you.

• Most likely the firewall drivers are not registered properly. Have you recently done a system restore?

Your best bet is to reinstall BitDefender.

• Most likely the firewall drivers are not registered properly. Have you recently done a system restore?

Your best bet is to reinstall BitDefender.

@Alex stanciu

thank you for quick response, i sent you message for sendspace link of report from supporttool.exe, i also reply your email for rules and profiles.xml, hope it helps solving the problem... :)

@Berneanu Cristian

i guess not, it is fresh install, looks like firewall driver registered correctly, i also trying re-downloading BIS 2k10 an reinstall it, it doesn't solve it

maybe hardware related problem? or NIC problem? driver problem ?... :huh:

• @Alex stanciu

thank you for quick response, i sent you message for sendspace link of report from supporttool.exe, i also reply your email for rules and profiles.xml, hope it helps solving the problem... :)

@Berneanu Cristian

i guess not, it is fresh install, looks like firewall driver registered correctly, i also trying re-downloading BIS 2k10 an reinstall it, it doesn't solve it

maybe hardware related problem? or NIC problem? driver problem ?... :huh:

hmmm, no reply, help please

my regard

claud

• claudluciffer
    edited December 2009

here is screen shoot of message popup when i run Iexplorer, i set protection level to report, report indicates it trying to block, even when set to block, Iexplorer keep connect to internet

portak.jpg

• Hello claudluciffer,

We managed to identify what is causing this sittuation. Until we will release a permanent fix, please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Firewall module, then under the Settings tab click on the Advanced Settings button. Here, uncheck the Internet Connection Sharing option then click on Ok.

Let us know if the same issue occurs after that.

Thank you.

• Hello claudluciffer,

We managed to identify what is causing this sittuation. Until we will release a permanent fix, please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Firewall module, then under the Settings tab click on the Advanced Settings button. Here, uncheck the Internet Connection Sharing option then click on Ok.

Let us know if the same issue occurs after that.

Thank you.

thx stan, looking forward for that fix :)

• thx stan, looking forward for that fix :)

by the way, that seem fix the problem, and also fix problem of previous firewall issue as well :)

thank you for your support

• claudluciffer
    edited December 2009

have you fix the problem yet, i share this adapter with Wifi connection, can i still share my internet connection?

• Is the fix in the latest version or is it going to be in the next version?

• Aurelian Neagu
    edited January 2010

Hello all,

My colleagues from the Testing team managed to reproduce this issue and a fix should be delivered through automatic update as soon as possible. Unfortunately we do not have an estimated time, but I will add a post to the correspondent topic when this will happen.

Until the update will be released please use this workaround:

Open BitDefender, go to Settings and switch to Expert Mode. Then please go to the Firewall, click on Advanced Settings which is in the middle of the window and check 'Enable Internet Connection Sharing'.

Once again please accept our apologies for any inconveniences this situation might have caused.

Thank you.