Problem Updating Bitdefender Is 2010

Hi, I recently purchased BitDefender Internet Security 2010 and when i try to update it give me this error "An error occured during the update (Could not connect). ANd then tell me to contact bitdefender.com/help" well anyway is win vista Home Premium SP2 the connection to the internet is fine because im browsing any page without problem. there is not any other anti-virus software installed. well i hope you guys can drive me to the right way with this thanks.

Comments

• Hello bisono,

Please make sure that you don't have any other firewalls installed . Also, try to disable the BitDefender Firewall temporarily, try to perform an update and look what is happening .

Also, we have sent you through the email, a tool that will help you obtain an update log that will help us better understand this issue. Please reply to our email with it attached.

Thank you .

• I also have this issue. When I disabled the firewall the update worked. It had been working previously and appeared to stop working sometime on the 22nd.

• Hello laxgod,

Please open BitDefender, click on the Settings button, choose the Expert Mode then click on the Firewall module. Click on the Rules tab then click on the Advanced button from the right. Look after a process called "livesrv.exe" double click on it and change its action to Allow. Close the BitDefender Edit Firewall Rules window and then try to update BitDefender .

Thank you .

• Hello laxgod,

Please open BitDefender, click on the Settings button, choose the Expert Mode then click on the Firewall module. Click on the Rules tab then click on the Advanced button from the right. Look after a process called "livesrv.exe" double click on it and change its action to Allow. Close the BitDefender Edit Firewall Rules window and then try to update BitDefender .

Thank you .

I found livesrv.exe listed two times and both were already set for allow.

• I found livesrv.exe listed two times and both were already set for allow.

I have Bitdefender Antivirus 2010, and also can't update. please help for this matter.

Thank you

• Hello laxgod,

Please go to Expert Mode, click on Firewall, select the Rules tab and click on the Reset Rules button and choose Yes when you will be asked if you agree with this action . If the update is still not functioning correctly, please follow the steps that we have sent you through the email and reply back with the reports that we have asked you .

Thank you .

• RazorX696
    edited September 2009

Hi Alex,

I'm also having problems updating, when I go to the update tab all the options in both update and settings are grayed out and it says that the update service is unavailable.

Also I'm using BitDefender Total Security 2010 on Vista x64

Please help,

RadicalMan69

• Hello laxgod,

Please go to Expert Mode, click on Firewall, select the Rules tab and click on the Reset Rules button and choose Yes when you will be asked if you agree with this action . If the update is still not functioning correctly, please follow the steps that we have sent you through the email and reply back with the reports that we have asked you .

Thank you .

I am having this same problem. It updates for a few days and then stops updating citing an error message all the time. I have it on 2 other computers without any problems, Just this one running vista 32 bit. Please advise why update locks up. The only other firewall i have is in the router i am using.

• Hello RadicalMan69 and stevec,

RadicalMan69 : Please follow the steps from the next topic and look if you have the same issue after that :http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=15781 .

stevec:Please tell us what error message do you receive when you try to update BitDefender and also follow the steps from the email that we have sent you and send us back the reports that we need.

Thank you .

• Every time an update has been performed , the next update I get this error ?

Also the protection shuts itself off and the only way to " activate " the "protection"is a reboot !, but that means you must monitor all the time if Bdefender TS 2010 is active,that happens mostly after an Update.

bitdefendrerror.jpg

• bahman_abbasian
    edited October 2009

I have Total Security 2010 and mine is the same error. I had another problem 2 days ago and the update was unavailable and I went ahead an followed your instruction (F8 -> Safe Mode -> Copying the mentioned file) and the problem got resolved but from yesterday I have a connecting issue for updates.

I checked the rules and the above service was on "Allow" mode.

Please advise

• "An error occured during the update (Could not connect). ANd then tell me to contact bitdefender.com/help

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited November 2009

Hello kungfu and Bahman Abbasian,

In order to solve the issue that you are encountering please follow the steps below:

1. Open BitDefender (double left click on the BitDefender tray icon);

2. Go to Settings - > Switch to Expert Mode;

3. Go to Firewall->Rules;

4. Click on the Advanced button in the lower right;

5. Look for a rule created for the livesrv.exe process;

6. Delete this rule and then close BitDefender;

7. Reboot your computer;

8. When it loads back up, open BitDefender and try to perform an update;

9. If you see a popup asking you to allow a process called livesrv.exe to connect, allow it.

Please let us know if the issue is fixed after following the steps above.

Thank you .

• Thank you. After following your instruction, it got resolved.

In order to solve the issue that you are encountering please follow the steps below:

7. Reboot your computer;

9. If you see a popup asking you to allow a process called livesrv.exe to connect, allow it.

Thank you .

• Hello kungfu and Bahman Abbasian,

7. Reboot your computer;

Thank you .

Alex,

It didnot worked ,deleted the livesrv.exe (there were 2 ? btw ) ,

No popup asking to allow

Did get the "Mayor Update " but the same result infact it got even Worse...

• i did the same as kungfu and got the same result.

i followed alex's instructions, deleting both livesrv.exe (there were 2).

After restart, I clicked on the update tab, but to no avail. It was still the same and i still couldnt start the update.

It says "Update service is unavailable" and all options are greyed out.

Please help, I haven't updated since I started using 2010.

• kungfu
    edited November 2009

Alex,

Have replied some days ago but,

As this isnot the first Problem and there is no exact date when a resolution to the many problems will be released

Wouldnot it be FAIR to paying customers to get an extension to Their License ?

This is going on for MONTHS ?

Ty awaiting your reply

• Hello kungfu and Bahman Abbasian,

7. Reboot your computer;

Thank you .

Hello Alex,

Replied quite some time ago,But NO reply from you,whats the use then ?

Also NO reply on the PM I have send you

• Hi,

I have the same problem. When I check for updates the 'status' stays at 0%. Then after a while of this, I get a red circle with am exclamation mark.

I did reset the rules in the firewall tab, and I also copied v_live_s.xml in safe mode. Nothing solved the problem though.

Please help :unsure:

• Hello Gaza101,

Please open BitDefender in Expert Mode and click on the Firewall module. Temporarily disable it then try to update BitDefender. If you receive the same error message, please repair BitDefender following the steps described in this post .

Thank you.

• hello....

i think that i`m having the same problem....

i`m using broadband connection to update my bitdefender...

but when i want to update,

it did not download the update....

but it keep on 0%....

after a while....

it try to check the update for second time....

but still cannot download the update...

what happen????

• I was having the exact problem for the past 1 week - until today. After reading this post, I disabled the firewall and the updating started. I was prompted to reboot after the update. After rebooting, the problem went away. Now updating works. Hope the problem won't come back...

• The problem came back, sadly. Update status halted at 85% then went back to 0% a few times during updating. Now it doesn't even update with the firewall disabled. Back to square one...

• Hello dr. T and Cheez,

dr. T : Please try the suggestions presented in this post and let us know what happens.

Cheez : In order to investigate this sittuation please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

• I am having this problem in Bitdefender Windows 8

Error in the View All Issues "Update has never been performed", i tried fixing it following the instruction below but couldnt find the "livesvr.exe"

How do you fix this on Bitdefender Windows 8?

7. Reboot your computer;

Thank you .