[solved] Gamesafe Firewall Vs Windows 7... Compatibility Crisis

Hi,

I've recently bought a new system, Windows 7 arrived on schedule so uploaded it. Bought a copy of BitDefender GameSafe.

Now the Anti-Virus works perfectly, however the Firewall/stealthmode wont activate due apparently to driver incompatibility issues with Windows 7. :o

Are there any patches for this problem? or a soon to be released update.?

Can any suggest a stop gap until this problem is resolved? any decent free firewalls?

thanks,

Comments

• Hello Nick.48,

A solution for this sittuation, will be to upgrade for free to BitDefender Internet Security 2010. You can find all the steps that will help you to do this here.

Thank you.

• Hello Nick.48,

A solution for this sittuation, will be to upgrade for free to BitDefender Internet Security 2010. You can find all the steps that will help you to do this here.

Thank you.

thanks Alex,

Quick Question...

Does GameMode still exist in the Internet Security 2010? Is it the same gamemode as GameSafe? as i want to make sure that my system doesnt slow down during gameplay?

thanks again,

Nick

• thanks Alex,

Quick Question...

Does GameMode still exist in the Internet Security 2010? Is it the same gamemode as GameSafe? as i want to make sure that my system doesnt slow down during gameplay?

thanks again,

Nick

I would appreciate a direct response from the bitdefender team on the back of Nick's question, as I'm sure Nick does also, I also got the same error however I don't want Internet security 2010.

Is there a fix, will there be or should I look else where?

Thanks

• GameSafe GameMode and BitDefender Internet Security GameMode are the same thing. BitDefender GameSafe is actually a very small variation of BitDefender 2008 Internet Security, which is a very old product with no support for Windows 7.

As Alex said above, the recommended way is to remove BitDefender GameSafe and upgrade, for free, to BitDefender 2010 Internet Security.

Cris.

• Since there were no more question on this topic, I will consider this issue solved. :)

Cris.

== CLOSED ==

== Issue solved ==

This discussion has been closed.