Bit Defender 2010 Won't Connect To Internet

Comments

• Running WIndows 7 64-bit and getting the dreaded "Activation failed because bitdefender could not connect to BitDefender servers."

Why all the cloak and dagger by Tech Support? Why can't they just post a solution in the FAQ area or here?

I have the same problem. The product is regitered and updated but cannot be activated because of "bitdefender could not connect to bitdefender servers' despite the internet connection is OK. I escalated it to the technical support 10 days ago (ticket ID: 200912241004329) but no workable solution so far, feel rather negleckted. Really fed up with it. Could anybody help me?

• Hi there,

I have the exact same problem. My Total Security 2010 tells me it can't register my account because there's no internet connection, which is simply false. I have win 7 32 bits.

Regards,

Florin

• Finally I have recived a patch from technical support. I tried it 3 times, lost 3 hours and still doesn't work. Really strange as I have 3 licences and on 2 computers runs well. So I am still waiting for a solution.

• Bumping thos back to the top because if Tech Support does read this forum they have ignored me. Every day windows 7 keeps telling me as well as Bit Defender telling me I have an issue, but for the love of God and all that is holy, there is no fix to be had.

Whether it is a new subscription or a renewal, I will say one thing, Bit Defender does act pretty darn quick when it comes to taking your cash, When I first used Bit Defender back in 2007 I was quite pleased with the product and the ease of use. Now, I cannot say the same thing. Everyone keeps telling me good things about Antivir. Perhaps it is time to try that product.

• Hello jeffburn, Elbrin and pawel,

We have sent you an email with the procedure that will help you overcome this sittuation . Please reply back if you have any other questions .

Thank you.

• Hi Alex,

it really works now!

Thank you for the solution.

Regards

• Alex,

I received your e-mail and just finished using the patch tool.

All appears to be working fine now.

I apologize if I sounded very angry in my earlier post. Frustration had taken over.

Thanks for the patcher.

• Chad2010
    edited February 2010

Clearly many customers are having this issue, yet we get NO response from BD other than having to sign up for this forum and sit around and wait for an email. At the very least, tell us WHY you can't post it on here rather than wasting countless hours of everyone's time.

That being said, can I please have my own very special email too so I don't have to uninstall BitDefender and purchase another product?

• kishimoto
    edited January 2010

hi

I have the exact same problem ... can you please help me too?

tanx

• Hello Chad2010 and kishimoto,

We have sent you an email with the procedure that will help you overcome this situation .

Please reply back if you have any other questions .

Thank you.

• AngelDust
    edited January 2010

Hi everyone,

A couple of hours ago I installed BitDefender 2010 and am having the same problem as everyone else. I kept uninstalling/reinstalling and all kinds of solutions posted on the net but no help at all. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here? :unsure:

• I have been living with this problem for at leadt three months now. The icon in the tray grays out the computer goes into 100% utilization when in explorer. I have to press the power button to shut down etc etc etc. Calling customer support has been no help. I'm using windows XP, SP3, Internet explorer, 32 bit, and have had problems with Bitdefender internet security 2010 since the installation. I get the same message that the service is not available, then the vserve error, same as everyone else. I would like to know #1 How can the company release a software package that is so flawed, and when will a "FIX" be given to customers who paid for this privlidge of being exasperated. Enough is Enough! Fix the problem or at least tell us when a FIX will be available.

Frustrated and Angry,

Tony

• Hello AngelDust and TC2010,

We have sent you an e-mail with some steps you need to follow in order to provide us with more information on the issue.

Please reply to the e-mail with the requested data.

Thank you.

• Can I get the e-mail on how to fix this issue?

Windows XP. Bitdefender 2010, won't download updates.

• Hello ltlawl,

We have sent you an e-mail with some steps you need to follow so that we may receive more information.

Please reply back to our e-mail.

Thank you.

• mosesyeh
    edited January 2010

i used bdts 2009 and got bta 2010.wen i installed it at first

i cldnt update my antivirus and so many other things going wrong

i uninstalled the bda 2010

downloaded it again

perfect now

hope it helps.

• Bitdefender 2010 will not update...it claims "Invalid server or proxy settings" However this is the only program on this computer that will not access the internet, or update. I have already tried "Norton removal tool" and re-installing bitdefender, but the problem persists.

Customer support said it would be 24 hours for a reply, it has now been 72...still no help...so I am trying here.

Thanks for the help.

• I bought BitDefender Internet Security 2010 yesterday and after installing it I have noticed that I can't connect to internet.After I disabled BitDefender firewall my internet was working normally but every time I turn on BitDefender firewall it blocks my internet instantly.As I see lots of people have the same problem with firewall and if I paid for the product full price I expect to work as described.I tried to fix my problem applying solutions from this forum but nothing helped.And this is my screenshot where is showing that firewall is working normally but that's not true.

post-31004-1264863185_thumb.jpg

• I bought BitDefender Internet Security 2010 yesterday and after installing it I have noticed that I can't connect to internet.After I disabled BitDefender firewall my internet was working normally but every time I turn on BitDefender firewall it blocks my internet instantly.As I see lots of people have the same problem with firewall and if I paid for the product full price I expect to work as described.I tried to fix my problem applying solutions from this forum but nothing helped.And this is my screenshot where is showing that firewall is working normally but that's not true.

what windows you using? win xp or win 7?

• what windows you using? win xp or win 7?

I am using win xp

• same problem here, please send me the email, but I just wonder why sending emails to every user alone, why don't you just make the procedure public so it save you time!!!

• Im having the same problem

New Computer, No Activation.

please help

• Im having the same problem

New Computer, No Activation.

please help

If you want to activate your product you should disable firewall because of firewall you can't access the internet,only then you will be able to do that.I did it like that.

• Hello all,

Regarding this type of issue, please follow the steps below:

Open BitDefender - > from the top right corner go to Settings and choose Expert Mode - > go to the Firewall module.

From that location go to the Settings tab - > Advanced Settings - > Check 'Enable Internet Connection Sharing' and uncheck 'Block Port Scans'.

Then go on the Network tab - > at Trust Level choose 'Trusted Local' and at Stealth choose 'Off'.

Close BitDefender and check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still persists please be so kind as to follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.

• Hi administraters... I have the same problem... Update doesn't work and when i try login to my bitdefender acoount it says: Bidefender activation failed! Activation failed because no internet connection was detected. Pleace connect to the internet and try again... But my internet is connected :huh: WTF?? I can't seem to get it to work... Im running on windows xp... Thanks in advance for your help... If you could send me the e-mail that would be great.. I have tried everything else but nothing worked..

• i'm using bitdefender antivirus 2010 and also can't activate the product. the error is:

activation failed because no internet connection was detected.

but my internet is working and I can update the program.

I also try:

"Open BitDefender - > from the top right corner go to Settings and choose Expert Mode - > go to the Firewall module.

From that location go to the Settings tab - > Advanced Settings - > Check 'Enable Internet Connection Sharing' and uncheck 'Block Port Scans'.

Then go on the Network tab - > at Trust Level choose 'Trusted Local' and at Stealth choose 'Off'."

unfortunately, I don't see firewall option. probably because I'm only using antivirus (without firewall)

• Hi, I have an account set up and everything. Although, everytime I try to update it says it cannot connect to the internet. My computer is connected. I have no Idea what is going on..

• Hi, I have an account set up and everything. Although, everytime I try to update it says it cannot connect to the internet. My computer is connected. I have no Idea what is going on..

Here is a screencap of what I am receiving.

post-33006-1269747421.jpg

• Unknown
    edited March 2010

Hello bakzh0,

Please be so kind as to let us know if you are connecting to the network using proxy settings.

In order to find these settings in INTERNET EXPLORER, please follow the steps below:

Open Internet Explorer - > go to Tools - > Internet Options - > Connections tab - > LAN settings - >

now take a look at 'Use a proxy server for your LAN' and you should see the Address and Port of the proxy.

(also, you can click on "Advanced" in order to have more information on the proxy).

In order In order to find these settings in MOZILLA, please follow the steps below:

Open Mozilla - > go to Tools - > Options - > Advanced tab - > find below the Network tab - >

click on Settings - > and here you should find the settings for the proxy.

Thank you.

• Unknown
    edited March 2010

Hello jkr810,

In order to solve the Update issue that you are encountering please follow the steps below:

1. Open BitDefender and go to Settings - > Switch UI to Expert Mode;

2. Go to Firewall and temporarily disable it (15 minutes);

3. Go to the Update module in the left part and try to perform an update;

4. If the Update was successful, please go to Firewall and enable it;

5. Go to the Rules tab;

6. Click on the Advanced button in the lower right;

7. Look for a rule created for the livesrv.exe process;

8. Delete this rule and then close BitDefender;

9. Reboot your computer;

10. When it loads back up, open BitDefender and try to perform an update;

11. If you see a popup asking you to allow a process called livesrv.exe to connect, allow it.

Thank you.

• my account seems to be registered bit i cant activate or update me as it tells me that bitdefender cant connect to bitdefender servers. how can i fix this problem and activate my account as well as be able to update my antivirus?????

• Hello nthabi,

Please open BitDefender -> go to Settings from the top right corner -> Switch UI to Expert Mode. Go to the Firewall module and uncheck the Firewall is enabled option for 15 minutes.

Then go to the Registration module and click on Activate product. Choose Create new account and fill in the necessary information in order to create the account or select the option Sign in (previously created account) if you already have one.

You can find here more information regarding how to create a BitDefender account.

Thank you.

• Hello nthabi,

Please open BitDefender -> go to Settings from the top right corner -> Switch UI to Expert Mode. Go to the Firewall module and uncheck the Firewall is enabled option for 15 minutes.

Then go to the Registration module and click on Activate product. Choose Create new account and fill in the necessary information in order to create the account or select the option Sign in (previously created account) if you already have one.

You can find here more information regarding how to create a BitDefender account.

Thank you.

i tried that method and still getting the error "bitdefender activation failed". "activation failed because bitdefender could not connect to bitdefender servers."

i just purchased bitdefender internet security 2010 today because i was having the same problem with trend micro internet security. it stopped updating 3 days ago. spent like 5 hours a day the last 2 days talking to their tech support. nothing they tried let me connect to their server. i gave up and got this program. now the same problem. i'm hoping your engineers are more knowledgeable. please help.

• After registering my valid copy of Bitdefender Internet Security Suite 2010, i am not able to register my copy using the registration wizard. When i try to create an account and put in my details and click "Create", it gives me this error message. "Bitdefender activation failed! Activation failed because Bitdefender could not connect to Bitdefender servers."

My computer is newly formatted, updates done.

Internet is working fine with other applications.

Windows firewall has been turned off.

Is there a work around for this issue or a patch u can send me?

Cheers Tech support,

Thomas

• hey chris can you send me the link that got your account working

• Unknown
    edited April 2010

@Pandemoniumx: please check your email and send me back the requested log file.

@Thomas69: please check your email and confirm that the issue has been resolved.

@NabStar: can you please be a little more specific about your request ?

Thank you!

• @Pandemoniumx: please check your email and send me back the requested log file.

@Thomas69: please check your email and confirm that the issue has been resolved.

@NabStar: can you please be a little more specific about your request ?

Thank you!

my request is that ; recently i have put windows 7 on my pc, i installed bitdefender and it told me to download the 2010 version so i downloaded it and i was going through it so it said sign in to the account and as i was signing in it said " Activision failed because BitDefender could no connect to BitDefender servers". so how do i fix this problem?

• my request is that ; recently i have put windows 7 on my pc, i installed bitdefender and it told me to download the 2010 version so i downloaded it and i was going through it so it said sign in to the account and as i was signing in it said " Activision failed because BitDefender could no connect to BitDefender servers". so how do i fix this problem?

Please check your email associated with the forum account. Use the patch and confirm if the issue has been resolved. Thank you!

• Hello Administrator,

I have the same problem with Chris and the others. I have tried all the suggestions you gave, unfortunately they are still not working for my case. What should I do? I use my laptop at my workplace and need to fill in my username and password before connecting to the internet.

• Hello Omy,

We have sent you an email with further instructions in order to activate BitDefender. Please reply to the email or post here if the issue persists.

Thank you.

• Hello Omy,

We have sent you an email with further instructions in order to activate BitDefender. Please reply to the email or post here if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Thank you so much, Carmen. Everything is just fine after running the file you sent me. I am really happy now.

• I am having similar issue. I downloaded and installed BD Aantivirus 2010 and tried to activate, I got this error message " BitDefender activation failed".

Please help!!

Sam

• Hi Guys I am having the same problems, Could someone please forward me this email that seems to solve everyone's problems.

BD won't let me register even thought my internet is working

• I also have this issue after updating to BD 2010.Please halp!

• found the issue its an account problem, i made a new bitdefender account on my second email address and the no internet detect went away

i would ask customers service to remove all reg serials and then you re add them and it should fix your main account

• Unknown
    edited June 2010

Hello,

@sambap:

@Conor:

@enoch0o:

Regards,

• i got same problem like the other users It says that activation failed because there was no connection to the internet. how can i resolve and activate my bitdefender 2010???

• Please check your email associated with the forum account. Use the patch and confirm if the issue has been resolved. Thank you!

I need the fix as well.

• Hi Technical support

I just install BitDefender 2010 and i can't activate my account because of the same probleme related before. Can you please send me the email to fix my problem.

Thanks you.

• Hi also having problems activating bitdefender, says cannot connect to servers. Need the procedure.

This discussion has been closed.