Applications Blocked By Active Virus Control

Alex Stanciu
Alex Stanciu ✭✭
edited November 2009 in Bitdefender 2010 products

Hello all,

We noticed that are a number of applications that are interfering with BitDefender Active Virus Control, while this option is enabled.

In case you have difficulties in running a program after you install BitDefender, the steps bellow will help you add that application to Active Virus Control Exclusions:

1. Open BitDefender, click on the Settings button, choose the the Expert Mode then click on Ok. After that, click on the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab click on the Advanced Settings button .
  2. The BitDefender Active Virus Control Settings window should be displayed. Under Exclusions, click on the add button, represented by the plus (+) sign and browse to the location were the application you having issues with is installed.
  3. Here, select the executable file of this program (.exe) and choose Open.
  4. Restart the application and look if the same issue occurs.

In case you have the same issues, please try to disable Active Virus Control, reboot your system and check if that program is working properly.

After you perform all these steps, please post here your reply with the name of that program and its exact version.

Note: Usually, you can find the version of a program, if you click on the Help option that is be displayed on the top of the programs window and choose About.

We are looking forward to your replies.

Thank you.

Comments

• Hello all,

We noticed that are a number of applications that are interfering with BitDefender Active Virus Control, while this option is enabled.

In case you have difficulties in running a program after you install BitDefender, the steps bellow will help you add that application to Active Virus Control Exclusions:

1. Open BitDefender, click on the Settings button, choose the the Expert Mode then click on Ok. After that, click on the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab click on the Advanced Settings button .
    2. The BitDefender Active Virus Control Settings window should be displayed. Under Exclusions, click on the add button, represented by the plus (+) sign and browse to the location were the application you having issues with is installed.
    3. Here, select the executable file of this program (.exe) and choose Open.
    4. Restart the application and look if the same issue occurs.

In case you have the same issues, please try to disable Active Virus Control, reboot your system and check if that program is working properly.

After you perform all these steps, please post here your reply with the name of that program and its exact version.

Note: Usually, you can find the version of a program, if you click on the Help option that is be displayed on the top of the programs window and choose About.

We are looking forward to your replies.

Thank you.

Cyberscrub privacy suite 4.7 and 5.1 ,avc will stop them running at start up to clear system protected temp files ect,

and cyberscrub was added to allow list also, but still would not function correctly,now i no longer use avc, as there were other applications affected by it also but i'm unable to remember which software was affected

• Hello Alex -

I've noticed this issue since the November 3rd update, and I've had to allow 3 exclusions since then.

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe - (Internet Explorer 8)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dfrgntfs.exe - (Windows Defragmenter)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe - (Windows Management Instrumentation)

After the exclusions were added, each program was able to run successfully.

I would like to note that the last issue (wmiprvse.exe) occurred after resolving an issue that I had with System Restore. As I had mentioned on previous posts, after installing BD IS 2010 I was no longer able to complete a System Restore.

This issue was solved by instituting a fix suggested by Microsoft Support found on this page:

(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319114)

In particular, I discovered that the Path: %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32;%SYSTEMROOT%;%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\WBEM had become corrupted.

After following the instructions under the heading "Verify System Variables" I was able to resolve this issue and successfully execute a System Restore.

Hope this helps your efforts.

Sincerely,

Fred

• ***Addendum***

I have since discovered that a Registry Control rule was added in this process.

Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

Action: Allow

Application Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore\rstrui.exe

Whether this caused the initial problems with System Restore, or merely resulted from the fix suggested by Microsoft Support is unknown.

• Hello again Alex -

I have two applications that BD IS 2010 is preventing from downloading and installing their updates:

1. Spybot Search & Destroy 1.6.2.46 - In this case, I get the error message "!!! bad checksum !"

2. Java Version 6 Update 15 (build 1.6.0_15-b03) - In this case, I get the message:

"Error - Java Installer" - "The server timed out waiting for the request"

The following Registry Control rule was added, but the update still won't download:

Name: Java Platform SE 6 U15

Action: Allow

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe

Please advise. Thank you.

• Hello Fred5000,

Thank you for taking the time to reply on this topic. Try to disable the Registry Control option then test to see if you can update these applications .

Thank you.

• Hello Fred5000,

Thank you for taking the time to reply on this topic. Try to disable the Registry Control option then test to see if you can update these applications .

Thank you.

Hi Alex -

I've tried everything: I disabled Registry Control, Cookie Control, ****** Control;

I've added Active Virus Control Exclusions for:

(C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe)

(C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Update.exe)

I even tried the risky maneuver of disabling Real-Time Antivirus Protection and even disabling the Firewall, to no avail.

As far as the Firewall settings go, I have the following checked:

"Detect applications that changed since the firewall rule has been created"

"Block Port Scans"

"Enable strict automatic rules (restricts rule scope)"

"Enable Intrusion Detection (IDS)"

I look forward to any other suggestions you may have.

Thank you.

• I would like to add that each application notifies me that there is a new update available, so in that sense it is getting through to their server. But when it comes to downloading and installing, it will not complete.

• I have problems with the following games:

- Batman Arkham Asylum 1.1, huge slowdowns in benchmark and in-game

- Left 4 Dead, current Steam version, slowdowns with explosions and smoke

- Serious Sam HD, current Steam version, low frame rate all the time

Game mode is enabled in all my games, but performance is still bade. However I have fixed them all by adding the executable path to Active Virus Control exclusions.

OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64, BidDefender 2010 x64, ATI Radeon 5870 with Catalyst 9.11 drivers.

• carrito
    edited December 2009

I'm having a problem with CRAZYBUMP.

When window is loading, if I execute Crazybump before BitDefender fully loads, the program loads fine. But once BitDefender is fully active, the program won't work properly. It loads onto the processes, I can see CB.exe there, but the interface is nowhere to be seen. :(

EDIT: Added CB.exe to allowed programs. BINGO!

:) JOY

• Hi,

I had complain about this issues, but there's no solution provided.

So, I try this out.

Before:

All the registry scanning time increased.

Most obviously,

MV RegClean

Registry scanning time increased, 20 minutes above.

Frostwire

Unable to connect

After disable the Active Virus Control

Every registry cleaner scanning time reduced.

MV RegClean

back to normal, 4 minutes.

Frostwire

connected and works fine

Moreover, PC runs smoother.

So my decission, Active Virus Control remains disabled.

However, there's another issue still unsolved.

unable to defrag registry (access denied).

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5104/re...ccessdenied.png

Hope Active Virus Control will be improved.

Regards.

• specimen
    specimen ✭✭✭
    edited December 2009

Opera Browser

I face the problem if I opent the browser and open the link direct from address bar history first page.

It will not cause problem if I open google as start page.

But if i select the link from google, some link cause the problem.

I try both 10.01 and 10.10 version, the same problem.

Becaue my problem is web browser and I follow up your recommendation to fix the problem.

It work but I am not sure that if I follow up the recommendation the safety of browsing internet will be decrease or not.

Thanks to help me fix this problem.

• Hi Ive only just bought bit defender internet security for the first time.

Since i have installed it i cant seem to use windows backup over the network it took me about 4 days just to get it to allow network connections but I'm now not allowed to backup over my network as i keep getting the access denied message which i never had when i had Norton Internet Security

If you know a workaround please help???

• We have installed BitDefender 2010 compatible with Windows 7 on new computers in our house. One computer has Windows 7 and one Vista.

On the windows 7 computer I was not able to reinstall several programs, always getting a file transfer error (Adobe Photoshop CS) and Itunes and Audible downloader 9not recognizing folders that existed. After about a week of calling and emailing those programs tech support, I unistalled Bit Defender and reinstalled everything without any problems and they are now functioning ok.

On the new Vista computer, my wife could not get an old Wordperfect version to install correctly. Wordperfect did not recognize folders to save files to. She uninstalled BitDefender and Word Perfect reinstalled without any problems saving etc.

It seems these are major problems with the software and shoud be corrected. I an afraid to reinstall Bit Defender since I still have more programs to reinstall.

Any advice?

• I am running XP Pro SP3. After installing BD Antivirus 2010, I was no longer able to open NTI CD/DVD Maker Platinum 7. After adding NTI (cdmkr32.exe) to the exception list in the BD real-time scanner, it opens fine. I am running version 7.7.0.1100 of NTI.

• I am running XP Pro SP3. After installing BD Antivirus 2010, I was no longer able to open NTI CD/DVD Maker Platinum 7. After adding NTI (cdmkr32.exe) to the exception list in the BD real-time scanner, it opens fine. I am running version 7.7.0.1100 of NTI.

Hi noleo,

Try to remove cdmkr32.exe from exception list if BD AV had latest updates installed then. Maybe this problem was fixed in AVC version 0.5.1721 which came yesterday through update.

(If you keep AV with default settings, then it should have been updated.)

If problem is still reproducing I think (hope) that in next updates they will fix AVC.

• Hi Alex -

I've tried everything: I disabled Registry Control, Cookie Control, ****** Control;

I've added Active Virus Control Exclusions for:

(C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe)

(C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Update.exe)

I even tried the risky maneuver of disabling Real-Time Antivirus Protection and even disabling the Firewall, to no avail.

As far as the Firewall settings go, I have the following checked:

"Detect applications that changed since the firewall rule has been created"

"Block Port Scans"

"Enable strict automatic rules (restricts rule scope)"

"Enable Intrusion Detection (IDS)"

I look forward to any other suggestions you may have.

Thank you.

Hi Fred5000,

Try to disable IDS (Intrusion Detection System).

I think it's causing problems you have. I'm keeping IDS disabled and I don't have such problems.

Cheers!

• We have installed BitDefender 2010 compatible with Windows 7 on new computers in our house. One computer has Windows 7 and one Vista.

On the windows 7 computer I was not able to reinstall several programs, always getting a file transfer error (Adobe Photoshop CS) and Itunes and Audible downloader 9not recognizing folders that existed. After about a week of calling and emailing those programs tech support, I unistalled Bit Defender and reinstalled everything without any problems and they are now functioning ok.

On the new Vista computer, my wife could not get an old Wordperfect version to install correctly. Wordperfect did not recognize folders to save files to. She uninstalled BitDefender and Word Perfect reinstalled without any problems saving etc.

It seems these are major problems with the software and shoud be corrected. I an afraid to reinstall Bit Defender since I still have more programs to reinstall.

Any advice?

Hi Tick- TN,

I also have Adobe Photoshop CS 3 and Itunes on Windows 7 with BD Internet Security 2010 and I have no problems with.

Which version of Adobe Photoshop CS do you have?

Cheers!

• Hi all,

As I observed, many users do not make the difference between Active Virus Control (AVC) and Intrusion Detection System (IDS) because IDS alert is somehow similar with AVC alert (in title of pop-up).

This is very important when reporting blocked applications by AVC or IDS because it separates the nature of issue.

So, when an application gets blocked by AVC or IDS follow the pop-up title to figure out who reported application as suspected/infected.

I've attached two screen-shots of these pop-ups in order to show the difference between them.

I want to ask you when an application is blocked by AVC or IDS, to verify again if application is blocked with IDS disabled then post here the results and/or some screen-shots with details.

This is very important for improvement of security services we are offering to you.

Last mention, AVC settings can be found by clicking on Advanced Settings of Antivirus tab options, and IDS can be enabled or disabled from Advanced Settings of Firewall tab option.

Thank you!

Best regards!

post-17225-1261234266_thumb.png

post-17225-1261234278_thumb.png

• I'm having a problem with CRAZYBUMP.

When window is loading, if I execute Crazybump before BitDefender fully loads, the program loads fine. But once BitDefender is fully active, the program won't work properly. It loads onto the processes, I can see CB.exe there, but the interface is nowhere to be seen. :(

EDIT: Added CB.exe to allowed programs. BINGO!

:) JOY

Hi carrito,

What version is your Crazybump?

I've installed the latest version from site and it crashes at application startup without having Real Time Protection and/or Active Virus Control enabled.

Cheers!

• Hi,

I had complain about this issues, but there's no solution provided.

So, I try this out.

Before:

All the registry scanning time increased.

Most obviously,

MV RegClean

Registry scanning time increased, 20 minutes above.

Frostwire

Unable to connect

After disable the Active Virus Control

Every registry cleaner scanning time reduced.

MV RegClean

back to normal, 4 minutes.

Frostwire

connected and works fine

Moreover, PC runs smoother.

So my decission, Active Virus Control remains disabled.

However, there's another issue still unsolved.

unable to defrag registry (access denied).

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5104/re...ccessdenied.png

Hope Active Virus Control will be improved.

Regards.

Hi Boon,

Frostwire (at least last version with BitDefender updated works fine), connects and download. Also chat is running.

MV RegClean, confirmed, is running slower.

Hi noleo,

I guess (not very sure, we are investigating the issue) after few test that NTI CD&DVD Maker is somehow incompatible with BitDefender.

Untill solution is found, except the application (folder) from scanning (Antivirus -> Exclusions) and from AVC (Antivirus -> Advanced Settings -> Exclusions) and try to use it.

Best regards!

• The MNG filetype plugin of GIMP-2.6.8 fails to initialise unless it is excluded from AVC.

I added the following exclusion and GIMP-2.6.8 now starts up without the Initialisation Error it used to give for file-mng.exe:

C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\file-mng.exe

BitDefender presented no notification dialog during the failure of this executable to initialise but the exclusion solidly fixes the error.

• The MNG filetype plugin of GIMP-2.6.8 fails to initialise unless it is excluded from AVC.

I added the following exclusion and GIMP-2.6.8 now starts up without the Initialisation Error it used to give for file-mng.exe:

C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\file-mng.exe

BitDefender presented no notification dialog during the failure of this executable to initialise but the exclusion solidly fixes the error.

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your report.

Problem is being inspected.

Best regards!

• Hi noleo,

Try to remove cdmkr32.exe from exception list if BD AV had latest updates installed then. Maybe this problem was fixed in AVC version 0.5.1721 which came yesterday through update.

(If you keep AV with default settings, then it should have been updated.)

If problem is still reproducing I think (hope) that in next updates they will fix AVC.

Hi, Ghe

Thanks for the response. I have upgraded to NTI Media Maker 8, so I never got a chance to try your suggestion for NTI version 7. BD also blocks Media Maker 8 version 8.0.0.6517. The executable is cdmkr32u.exe.

When I disable real-time protection, NTI 8 will open and will work, but cdmkr32u.exe hangs in memory and cannot be ended. This causes my PC to hang when I try to shutdown or restart. I then have to perform a hard shutdown by holding the power button. The same happens if I add cdmkr32u to the rea-time protection exclusions.

• Hi, Ghe

Thanks for the response. I have upgraded to NTI Media Maker 8, so I never got a chance to try your suggestion for NTI version 7. BD also blocks Media Maker 8 version 8.0.0.6517. The executable is cdmkr32u.exe.

When I disable real-time protection, NTI 8 will open and will work, but cdmkr32u.exe hangs in memory and cannot be ended. This causes my PC to hang when I try to shutdown or restart. I then have to perform a hard shutdown by holding the power button. The same happens if I add cdmkr32u to the rea-time protection exclusions.

Hi noleo,

It seems that this software is interffering with BitDefender.

Until solution is found, add cdmkr32u.exe to AVC exclusion list (Antivirus tab, Advanced RTP Settings, there is Active Virus Control exclusion list). If this is not working, try to disable AVC and keep it disabled (for now).

You don't need to disable whole RTP because your computer becomes very vulnerable (unprotected).

After performing these actions restart your computer.

Then start Media Maker, it should work fine.

Best regards!

• I have a problem with Bitdefender 2010 Total Security running on Windows XP MCE 2005 SP3 with all updates and the rollup installed. The OS was reinstalled less than 1 week ago. I applied almost all updates before installing anything, and Bitdefender was the first 3rd party application to get installed.

The problem is with Matlab R2009b version 7.9.0.529. It is engineering/mathematics software. I don't know what components were installed because it was done by my Universities IT department. It installs and activates fine, but will only run with avc disabled completely. The error message says:

"MATLAB.exe - Illegal System DLL Relocation

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL Dynamically Allocated Memory occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL."

My computer is a Gateway MX3414 laptop, so it is old, but still very capable. I have loaded 2 GB of aftermarket memory, but otherwise it has original parts (as far as I know anyway, because I bought it refurbished, so who knows what was wrong originally).

• Hi,

I'm running BD2010AV on both a WinXP SP3 machine and a Win7RC machine.

The software I'm having problems with is NxClient on both computers. The program runs but gives an error ("cannont initialise display service") when you try to log in the remote system. I figured it was bitdefender that was causing the problem and have tried the adding nxclient exe (and any other related exes) to the AVC exclusion list but the problem continues (even on the lowest setting) until I disable AVC. By the way it wasn't a problem until I updated to BE2010AV from BD2009AV.

jjhindy

by the way Matlab 7.0.4.365 (R14) Service Pack 2 works fine on my XP computer with AVC up and running

• I have a problem with Bitdefender 2010 Total Security running on Windows XP MCE 2005 SP3 with all updates and the rollup installed. The OS was reinstalled less than 1 week ago. I applied almost all updates before installing anything, and Bitdefender was the first 3rd party application to get installed.

The problem is with Matlab R2009b version 7.9.0.529. It is engineering/mathematics software. I don't know what components were installed because it was done by my Universities IT department. It installs and activates fine, but will only run with avc disabled completely. The error message says:

"MATLAB.exe - Illegal System DLL Relocation

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL Dynamically Allocated Memory occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL."

My computer is a Gateway MX3414 laptop, so it is old, but still very capable. I have loaded 2 GB of aftermarket memory, but otherwise it has original parts (as far as I know anyway, because I bought it refurbished, so who knows what was wrong originally).

Hi monkeybuttons,

We will inspect the issue and as soon a solution will be found, an update will be delivered.

But for now, keep AVC disabled when running Matlab.

Thank you for your report!

Best regards!

• I cannot sync SplashID for Blackberry through the Blackberry Desktop Manager unless I disable active virus protection. I tried to put all related programs into the Excluded Application List but that does not work. Does anyone have a better approach. Also, one of my machines runs Windows Vista and I have to log into my administrator account first to disable active virus protection and then log into my user account to do the sync. Is there some way of disabling from my user account?

• Butdefender Antivirus with Counterspy slows down my PC.

• Cristi Raducu
    edited January 2010
    Butdefender Antivirus with Counterspy slows down my PC.

Having more than one security program running at the same time will result in system instability and poor performance.

In BitDefender,anti-spyware protection is integrated in the Antivirus module.

• Hi monkeybuttons,

We will inspect the issue and as soon a solution will be found, an update will be delivered.

But for now, keep AVC disabled when running Matlab.

Thank you for your report!

Best regards!

Hello, are there any news about this problem with Matlab and BitDefender Antivirus 2010?

My computer is Windows XP Professional SP3 up to date, Matlab version is 7.6.0.324 and BitDefender Antivirus 2010 version 13.0.19, and I am experiencing the same problem.

• Hello, are there any news about this problem with Matlab and BitDefender Antivirus 2010?

My computer is Windows XP Professional SP3 up to date, Matlab version is 7.6.0.324 and BitDefender Antivirus 2010 version 13.0.19, and I am experiencing the same problem.

No, not yet. The only advice right now is to turn AVC off when using Matlab.

• I am having problems with BD 2010 TS on Windows XP SP3 Media Center Edition. My system specs are in post #27 if you are curious.

The application is Altair HyperWorks v10.0. The software is used for finite elements analysis and structure optimization. Everything works great until I try to use RadioSS (the built in linear solver) to perform an analysis on the current mesh. The error message says something to the effect of:

"fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x65E68E0/0x65768E0. The problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of cygwin DLL. Search for cygwin1.dll in windows search and delete all but most recent version."

This is not the full message, but mirrors it well. The cygwin1.dll file is in the HyperWorks installation directory (C:\Altair\hw10.0\hw\etc\bin\win32\cygwin1.dll). When AVC is disabled the analysis works fine.

Glad I thought to disable AVC before trying to reinstall the program.

• I am having problems with BD 2010 TS on Windows XP SP3 Media Center Edition. My system specs are in post #27 if you are curious.

The application is Altair HyperWorks v10.0. The software is used for finite elements analysis and structure optimization. Everything works great until I try to use RadioSS (the built in linear solver) to perform an analysis on the current mesh. The error message says something to the effect of:

"fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x65E68E0/0x65768E0. The problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of cygwin DLL. Search for cygwin1.dll in windows search and delete all but most recent version."

This is not the full message, but mirrors it well. The cygwin1.dll file is in the HyperWorks installation directory (C:\Altair\hw10.0\hw\etc\bin\win32\cygwin1.dll). When AVC is disabled the analysis works fine.

Glad I thought to disable AVC before trying to reinstall the program.

Hi monkeybuttons,

The problem is the same as cygwin problem since this application uses cygwin1.dll. Un update will be delivered soon that will fix the problem with cygwin1.dll.

Regards!

• Hi all,

Cygwin1.dll problem was fixed and the update was delivered few days ago.

Best regards!

• Whenever AVC is enabled, Nortel Networks Contivity VPN Client results in blue-screen crash (STOP 0x0000007E) after about 10-12 minutes of connectivity.

I just upgraded from BD 2009 to BD 2010 in early Feb., and noticed these crashes soon after. I'm running Windows XP Professional SP3.

• Cyberscrub privacy suite 4.7 and 5.1 ,avc will stop them running at start up to clear system protected temp files ect,

and cyberscrub was added to allow list also, but still would not function correctly,now i no longer use avc, as there were other applications affected by it also but i'm unable to remember which software was affected

turn off avc

turn on matlab

turn on avc

bitdefender will point out that a malicious bla bla bla ...and you will create an admission rule and then you will live happily ever after !!!

• I have serious problems with BMW Electronic Parts Catalog ETK and Bitdefender Antivirus 2010. The system is running Windows XP SP3. With BD installed the ETK could not install, or if was installed before the instalation of BD cannot run. Gives various timeout or connection errors. I have tryed to add ETK.exe, transbase.exe and jre_1.5.0_11.exe to exclusion list with no luck. Also disabling the realtime antivirus protection, vulnerability or identity protection also doesn't help/ However if i unistall BD the ETK runs without any problem. Also it runs fine with AVG installed. It is important for my business to have the ETK running and i would like to keep Bitdefender as my antivirus protection.

Thanks in advance

Regards

P.S. This problem is occuring with various versions of ETK.

• Not sure if is the active virus control but I have just upgraded to 2010 and am having a problem with a couple of applications.

The first is a demo for a game called Solium Infernum which is written using Adobe Director. When I try to start the game I get the hourglass for a couple of seconds but the game does not start. When I check task manager the process for the game is there but it appears to have hung.

The other problem is with a little program called Notifier2. This monitors my gmail accounts and tells me when I have new mail, I can then click on the account to have it open firefox and automatically log into gmail. The program itself starts and runs without problem, the issue is when it tries to start firfox. The Firefox window opens and then freezes the only way to get rid of it is to go into task manager and kill the process.

For both of the programs I have tried adding the relevent executables to the exclusion list but it makes no difference. I have also switched off all of the bitdefender services in the settings dialogue but this has no effect either. If I uninstall bitdefender 2010 then both programs work correctly.

• Hi SteveMudford,

You may try to exclude Firefox, Notifier2 and Solium Inferium executables to test if it's working.

If not, try to disable only AVC module and test if programs work correctly. You can disable only AVC from Antivirus section of settings, then Advanced Settings and uncheck Active Virus Control.

Regards!

• Hi SteveMudford,

You may try to exclude Firefox, Notifier2 and Solium Inferium executables to test if it's working.

If not, try to disable only AVC module and test if programs work correctly. You can disable only AVC from Antivirus section of settings, then Advanced Settings and uncheck Active Virus Control.

Regards!

I tried all of these before I posted and non of them fix the problem.

• smudford
    edited March 2010
    Hi SteveMudford,

Regards!

Brief update on this as I have more informaiton on Solium Infernum. I did try switching off real time protection but it made no difference however if I switch it off and then reboot the PC the game then works. If I turn real time protection on again the game still works until I reboot the PC after which it is broken again.

This implies to me that it is definitely the virus checker that is causing the problem but also that simply turning it off at the control panel does not fully turn it off.

The Notifier2 problem was not fixed by this which may imply that it is caused by a problem in some other part of bitdefender.

Having wasted most of today trying to get to the bottom of this and recently discovering that it has also broken the print preview feature of Excel I was wondering how easy it would be to revert o bitdefender 2009 as I had no problems with that version?

• Brief update on this as I have more informaiton on Solium Infernum. I did try switching off real time protection but it made no difference however if I switch it off and then reboot the PC the game then works. If I turn real time protection on again the game still works until I reboot the PC after which it is broken again.

This implies to me that it is definitely the virus checker that is causing the problem but also that simply turning it off at the control panel does not fully turn it off.

The Notifier2 problem was not fixed by this which may imply that it is caused by a problem in some other part of bitdefender.

Having wasted most of today trying to get to the bottom of this and recently discovering that it has also broken the print preview feature of Excel I was wondering how easy it would be to revert o bitdefender 2009 as I had no problems with that version?

For some reason I can't edit the above post any more. Just to correct Solium Infernum works when AVC is switched off and the sytem rebooted.

• Hi SteveMudford,

We will inspect these problems and when when solution will be found it will be included in an update.

Regards!

• I have been running BitDefender for about 3 years now, since the 2008 version. I liked it very much, and continued to renew and pay each year including this year. However, since upgrading to BD Antivirus 2010, barely a month ago, I have had multiple problems. I have eventually found ways around all of them (except one -- see below), but the real problem is that I am feeling less secure with BD 2010 rather than more secure. That seems counterproductive when talking about security software.

The problem, as I see it, is the underlying philosophy of the upgrade. Sure, we can get fixes for each problem, BD support is the best in the business! But why should I have to ask BD how to run things on my own computer? I'm pretty knowledgeable, and have been running computers since way back in the '70s. If BD wants to warn me of a potential threat, it needs to let me know and then ask me whether to allow it rather than blocking it in the background and expecting me to guess what's wrong.

I am reaching my personal limit now, and am actually considering uninstalling BD.

Brief synopsis of my problems:

1) Could not uninstall BD 2008. Had to get special uninstall program from support.

2) Installed BD 2010, and it slowed down my system intolerably. Read the topics here on the forum, and did trial and error on settings 'til I turned off the necessary settings (phishing, and various other notifications). In the process, I also found how to turn off 3rd party product update notices (They all notify me already -- why would BD want to repeat this?)

3) System still slow, but tolerable. Was especially seeing problems with my download management software (Flashget). Uninstalled that, and things speeded up tremendously. So, there was a conflict, but what was it and why?

4) Photoshop Elements no longer boot_s (invalid address error). Hunt Adobe for help, but there isn't much. Uninstall and reinstall the software to no avail. More hunting at Adobe, and lo and behold, some people are reporting problems with BD. Unistalling BD solves the problem. New entry at Adobe says you can run Elements if you put BD in Games Mode, no need to uninstall. Works! Phew!

5) Notified (by Sun, not BD) of an upgrade to Java jre. Install process dies partway through, tries to reboot and fails, BD asks for permission to modify something in the registry, I give permission, JRE update tries to reboot again, and dies for good. I reboot computer to clear errors, after which IE (v7) won't run anymore. Hunt and peck. No way to get to I-net for research. Try uninstlling the latest JRE version. Reboot again, still no luck. Eventually turn off Java in advanced I-net settings, and IE finally boot_s. Search for info, but find nothing useful. This is still a problem. I suppose I can turn BD off, reboot, install JRE, reboot again, turn BD on, reboot yet again, and it will probably work. But is it worth it? Why do I have to go through all these hoops? Things used to work fine!

6) Thanks heaven I avoided the Fakevirus problem others experienced, but it just adds to the feelings of insecurity for me.

So, what's next? I am now afraid to install anything for fear something will abort midway through and my computer will die. Things would be much better if BD would fail on the permissive side rather than the cautious one. Let me control how things work. I appreciate BD's efforts to protect me, really I do. That's why I buy the product. Once again, BD support is fabulous!

But it's MY computer, not BD's. The philosophy of protection needs to change, in my opinion. If I screw upmy computer, I know what I did, and it's my responsibility. If BD screws up my computer, it's out of my hands. That scares me! The hackers and virus creators are the bad guys, but at the current rate, BD is becoming a bad guy, too.

Please! I like BD a LOT! Please return control to me.

Thanks, and sorry for the long post.

• SYNOPSIS / Problems with Nvidia Display:

BitDefender 2010 interferes with the operation of Nvidia Drivers

and my GTX 260 video cards on Windows XP x64 SP2. Game mode was set

to automatic, so I doubt that was the issue. Drivers would work fine

for a period of time. Then, whenever I'd try to launch an application

that used the video card, my computer would freeze with a black or

white screen. Restarting my computer, the OS would boot fine, I'd see

my desktop, but as soon as I would launch an application that called

upon the video card, the same thing would happen. My desktop just

froze. I've been trying to track down this issue for over a year, as

I have to uninstall and reinstall drivers up to four times before I

can get my video to work again without crashing. The video works

flawlessly for about a week, and then the bug / error kicks in again.

I have only seen this affect Nvidia cards, as my ATI CrossFireX setup

has no problems with BitDefender or weird glitches.

I know it's not my video cards, as I had my video cards RMA'd only to

find the same issues plaguing my new cards. So, I did an experiment.

I encountered the video freeze-up which crashed my computer, so I

restarted, loaded the OS, had a successful boot, saw my Desktop, ran

another game again, had the video freeze, restarted my computer,

loaded the OS, successful boot, uninstalled BitDefender, and

restarted. Notice, this time I did not ever uninstall my drivers. I

just uninstalled BitDefender. After rebooting to make the changes

take effect, my video cards once again work without freezing.

I thought this was a driver issue, and I even opened the following

ticket / forum threads with more information which you may view here:

http://www.dinofly.com/misc/nvidia/nvidia.htm

http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/644439-msi...0-216-core.html

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1484926

However, I was wrong. It's been BitDefender for a over a year! Not

sure why BitDefender does this, but I've never had issues with my

video once BitDefender has been uninstalled or has yet to be

installed. Coincidence? This is a serious issue, and I'm glad I

finally tracked it down. BitDefender has been great, but until this

application stops interfering with my drivers and making me track down

and try everything, I can't use it on Windows XP x64 SP2 (with all

updates).

SOLUTION:

Seems it was the Active Virus Control. So far, I haven't experienced the issues since disabling AVC.

Here's some info:

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 04/09/2010 22:52:12

System name: PWN

[Display]

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (3352 MHz)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, 64-bit (Service Pack 2)

DirectX version: 9.0

GPU processor: GeForce GTX 260

Driver version: 197.13

CUDA Cores: 216

Core clock: 655 MHz

Shader clock: 1408 MHz

Memory clock: 1050 MHz (2100 MHz data rate)

Memory interface: 448-bit

Memory: 896 MB

Video BIOS version: 62.00.49.00.00

IRQ: 16

Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2

GPU processor: GeForce GTX 260

Driver version: 197.13

CUDA Cores: 192

Core clock: 576 MHz

Shader clock: 1242 MHz

Memory clock: 999 MHz (1998 MHz data rate)

Memory interface: 448-bit

Memory: 896 MB

Video BIOS version: 62.00.65.00.60

IRQ: 16

Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2

[Components]

nvCplUI.exe 2.8.313.07 NVIDIA Control Panel

nvWSS.dll 6.14.11.9713 NVIDIA Workstation Server

nvViTvS.dll 6.14.11.9713 NVIDIA Video Server

nvMoblS.dll 6.14.11.9713 NVIDIA Mobile Server

NVMCTRAY.DLL 6.14.11.9713 NVIDIA Media Center Library

NVOGLNT.DLL 6.14.11.9713 NVIDIA Compatible OpenGL ICD

nvDispS.dll 6.14.11.9713 NVIDIA Display Server

NVCPL.DLL 6.14.11.9713 NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 197.13

NV4_MINI.SYS 6.14.11.9713 NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Miniport Driver, Version 197.13

NV4_DISP.DLL 6.14.11.9713 NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 197.13

PhysX 09.10.0129 NVIDIA PhysX

NVCUDA.DLL 6.14.11.9713 NVIDIA CUDA 3.0.1 driver

nvGameS.dll 6.14.11.9713 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

As for the games it conflicts with, it's every game when my drivers crash because of a conflict caused by Active Virus Control. I was experiencing it in Medal of Honor Allied Assault on my Windows XP x64 SP2 machine. SLI IS enabled (but when I only ran a single card, AVC also conflicted with it). One of my GTX 260's is an MSI while the other is an EVGA. I had problems on every single Nvidia Driver Version no matter if I had SLI enabled, SLI Disabled, or only one video card in the machine. Hence, that's why I blamed Nvidia until I discovered the problem is BitDefender's Active Virus Control!

Please get this fixed soon, as it's a major issue that has wasted a lot of my time!

• Monkeybuttons, i had the same problem, what i did was to set the game mode and open matlab, it launches correctly, and then set the normal antivirus control, it will create a exclution for matlab.exe, then it's all ok.

good luck

BD, please solve every problem, incluiding wlcomm.exe (windows live messenger nor working).

• hi,

I installed bitdefender internet security 2010, on my desktop with window XP SP2, the antivirus was unable to perform a scan, my computer has been slowed tremendously, and there is always a message saying that <<bitdefender failed to initiate antivirus scann>>

Please any help will be appreciated.

• Hi,

I am playing this new Game- Fantasy Earth Zero version 1.0.2100.2100. After I made an update with my Bitdefender Antivirus 2010. It wont let the game start anymore. The game patch loads normally but after I click the start button, it loads for 1 second then nothing happens. I already tried the steps mention above, but it didnt worked!. The only solution i found was to uninstall Bitdefender. Please look up to this. I really dont like surfing the net naked.