Bad Update Or....? - Solution Here: Http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=18789

Comments

• enoch0o
    edited March 2010

I get an error when installing the patch.

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Update Service\bdsubwiz.exe

An error occurred while trying to create a file in the destination directory:

Access is denied.

Click retry,ignore or abort."

I'm using BD GameSafe also, in another thread someone said to use the links for the manual update here: http://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/Deskt...ts-Updates.html

But, I'm going thru all of them and they all say incompatible with my software.

• I tried installing the patch_64b_update_issue for Vista. During the install, several errors popped up. The first one is C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service\bdsubwiz.exe An error occurred while trying to create a file in the destination directory: Access is Denied Then, the option to Retry, Ignore, or Abort. I tried Retry, but it didn't work, so I clicked Ignore on all of them.

Then, tried running the patch as an administrator--same errors.

Rebooted computer.

Opened BitDefender. Antivirus tab--> Still cannot restore quarantined files. Get the two errors: File already exists, and The System cannot find the specified path.

What should I do to restore those quarantined files?

Also, I cannot figure out how to get to Expert mode. I only see Basic View and Advanced View.

• Wow, so I'm not the only one.This patch is useless same problem no working solution as of yet.

• I get an error when installing the patch.

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Update Service\bdsubwiz.exe

An error occurred while trying to create a file in the destination directory:

Access is denied.

Click retry,ignore or abort."

I clicked retry and it worked fine.

I am leaving my quarantine files for now but set the delete time to 60 days - seems like only Windows DLL that have been restored

Andrew

• enoch0o
    edited March 2010

I found the link for GameSafe on this page http://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/Deskt...ts-Updates.html you need the 2009 edition.

Still can't apply the quarantine patch because of the above error.Tried hitting retry with no luck.

Also, BD is saying the Update Service is UNAVAILABLE.I'm guessing this is the bdsubwiz.exe that's giving me the error?

• I have use system restore and its working ( i am not using start up repair )

So my question , are i still need running patch ? http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#640

Thank You

• pvp
    pvp
    edited March 2010

I use Windows 7 64bit with Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 and for me I saw this thread disabled the real time protection. Luckily I did not reboot and restored the quarantined files manually. For me no system files were lost. BUT I am posting here to express my disgust at the shocking response or the lack of it from the support team. People kept on repeating the questions and these tech guys were either too late or didn't respond at all. and abt this fellow ' L.o.D. ', who is this arrogant jackass? Throw him out. Look at his initial responses, just complicated the whole situation. I can to an extent consider this fiasco to be a human error but the way in which the tech people handled the panic amongst the customers is shocking. I had recommended this product to my brother and also my friend, I made my friend to uninstall her Mcafee for this, I called her to know if anything is wrong but luckily she is using Vista 32 bit. She sort of ridiculed me for my recommendation. I can certainly take that. But what about the monetary damages and the humiliation suffered by many people who use their PC for business purposes? The shoddy service has deepened their agony.

I feel sorry for all the people who lost their money and time due to this issue. Some of my online techie pals have advised me to shift to another security solution and either use Windows Firewall or move to another paid one. Well I haven't decided yet....

• enoch0o: Please be so kind as to restart your computer in Safemode and try to run the patch.

Kukulcan: Do you still have BitDefender installed on your computer or did you run the uninstall tool? If you already ran the uninstall tool you will not be able to use the patch.

12xlr8: Please be so kind as to access this link again, choose your operating system and re-download the patch. Now you will download the executable file directly. Please install it and let us know if the same issue occurs.

• Ok, if you think it will work I'll try and report back.Thanks for the suggestion.

• I applyed the patch but now I cannot update the product.

If I go on the Update section the "Update now" isn't available (it's greyed out).

I downloaded the "Manual update" file but, when ran, it returns an error about the "Windows Installer package".

Beside of this, none of the "Resolve" buttons are working, I click them but nothing happens.

Then I still have lots of file in the quarantine log.

You must solve everything before we get really bored.

• enoch0o
    edited March 2010

Now I get an livesrv.exe Entry point not found error

Then the original error.

• well I am not thinking of switching away from bitdefender, but im asking:

What if you (bitdefender) have to pay thousands of customers a refund? Will you be broke then? And if you are then Ill have to switch anyway :S

Siim

• stphen
    edited March 2010

I can't run the patch. It said "This application has failed to start because mpr.dll was not found."

Forget to mention I'm using vista 64.

• kringlan
    edited March 2010

Im still stuck in HK i cant go anywhere. I downloaded the patch, backed up all important files(had to buy an external memory for it) I have business partners waiting for me as we speak, cant go or the computer will shut down and i wont be able to get it on again... well at least thats what i think in lack of any response.

When i try to run the patch it wont execute due to "the installation/removal of the previous program was not completed." Most likely due to the fact that there is bit defender files in Quarantine that cant be reached. Those files cannot be manually restored. Due to a loop error where i have to define where the original file should go.

Again, this is a business laptop. There is no restore and no original windows CD.

What do i do. Every minute in HK costs money that i will make sure you compensate.

• What if I can't download the link given, because there is always a popup from BitDefender saying a Trojan fake alert is added ?

• I can't run the patch. It said "This application has failed to start because mpr.dll was not found."

Forget to mention I'm using vista 64.

Thank you for your report. This problem is being looked at as we speak. As soon as a solution is found, you will be announced.

What if I can't download the link given, because there is always a popup from BitDefender saying a Trojan fake alert is added ?

Please disable the Realtime Protection.

• Thank you for your report. This problem is being looked at as we speak. As soon as a solution is found, you will be announced.

Please disable the Realtime Protection.

Cris, I can't disable it because I cannotlaunch BitDefender anymore

• Juanes
    edited March 2010

Today I was chatting with some girls on Skype and my wife caught me. But right then it started to appear all kind of messages on screen with Trojan Alert and it restarted. Since then I can't turn it on and my wife can't accuse me anymore.

Thank you Bitdefender for saving my marriage!

• Patched, Restarted, Updated!

Nothing happened!!!!!! I still have over 9000 filesin the Quarantine!!!! what should i do???

• I'm running BitDefender Internet Security 2009 version 12.0.12.1

• This is happening to me, too. EVERY file that is trying to run is getting quarantined. Windows Explorer and even Bitdefender update itself is being quarantined. Someone really screwed this one up.

I had exactly the same problem, well I recovered my Backup so I haven't the problem anymore..... <_<

• @stphen: We kindly ask you to reboot your computer in SafeMode and try again to run the patch. Please let us know if the same issue occurs.

• @ omgz, cyberrat, enoch0o, calijenn, AndrewH:

We acknowledged your error messages and one of my colleagues in Support is working directly with the product team to identify a solution for this case. Please stay tuned.

• Unknown
    edited March 2010

@Mc Kevin: Please open BitDefender -> go to the Update module -> click on Update now and let us know what error message you are receiving. Please also let us know what is the Engine Version you are seeing.

Also, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE from your keyboard in order to enter in Task Manager -> go to the Processes tab and let us know if the process 'livesrv.exe' is running.

@Okky: Please also run the patch in order to make sure that you are restoring the files from the BitDefender Quarantine.

• @Carmen Cernev

I have been use my system restore , and now my windows working correctly .. did i still need run that patch ?

• @stphen: We kindly ask you to reboot your computer in SafeMode and try again to run the patch. Please let us know if the same issue occurs.

Thanks for the repsond. But it still said mpr.dll was not found even in Safemode.

• Please, someone.

I can't grab the patch because my real time defender is on. And I can't turn it off because I cannot launch BitDefender. What should I do ? (Lacking knowledge)

• 64BitDestroyer.

This has been the most stressfull 12 hours as far back as I can remember. I have finally got almost everything running again (still lost a lot of valuable things) and I can't understand how this is even possible... The biggest attack on my computer came from the one software on my computer that's suppose to protect me.

As far as the future for BitDefender this quote is probably very relevant: "What doesnt kill you makes you stronger". I really hope this is the case for BitDefender and that they become much stronger after this. They have a long way to go and a lot of cleaning up to do and should without doubt compensate affected customers in some way.

• kringlan
    edited March 2010

thanks for the lack of answers.

You are so lucky this is not a workday for most. Unfortunately it is for me.

How you can possibly screw up this bad is beyond me. I need to know if i shut my CPU down without restore points or CD will i be able to run it again. And i need to know HOW i can apply the patch with over 10000 files in quarantine.

BTW: I can restore files manually from quarantine from the D partition but not C... if it helps

• I will move to Linux. All these antiviruses are a waste of time.

• Windows 7 x64 BD 2010 Italian version

Windows repairs itself restoring qurantine files when reboot...In prompt SFC /SCANNOW is ok. BD patch installed. Performed BD update. Restarted. Quarantine files appear as duplicate (not possible replacing them), so I deleted all them! ........and system seems working right.

• manos
    edited March 2010

I try to do a system restore but I keep getting this message even though I disable Real-Time protection.

How can I REALLY disable all BitDefender services?

restoreh.jpg

post-32353-1269160413_thumb.jpg

• This morning (March 21, 2010) removing BitDefender Internet Security and install Panda Internet Security. I scanned a trojan but I am very disappointed of the RealTime Protection Panda. Delete it and installed Kaspersky Internet Security, I can guarantee you that these 2 programs is far from word antivirus. Now I'll delete and Kaspersky and BitDefender will return from whom I am currently the most satisfied, except for their gross error yesterday.

I use google translator.

• Also BD virus scan completed: no items. Now it's all right.

• Please can you tell me something?

Should I remove BitDefender from the system and install it again? In this case what would happen to the quarantined file that should, eventually, not have been restored by the patch?

I applied the patch but now I cannot update the product.

If I go on the Update section the "Update now" isn't available (it's greyed out).

I downloaded the "Manual update" file but, when ran, it returns an error about the "Windows Installer package".

Beside of this, none of the "Resolve" buttons are working, I click them but nothing happens.

I'm running BitDefender Internet Security 2009 version 12.0.12.1

• Please, someone.

I can't grab the patch because my real time defender is on. And I can't turn it off because I cannot launch BitDefender. What should I do ? (Lacking knowledge)

Bump !

That is now mor than 13 hours I wait for someone at BitDefender's to help me.

What should I do ? I won't reboot without knowing if it will no destroy everything. So please, can a tech answer ?!

I assume you know how to do this from now on.

• Just to give everyone a heads up, I will try to make this short.

I've obviously had the same issue as you all, and continuously accepted BitDefender's reports that said my files were infected with this 'Fake Trojan' and upon doing so, after about 4-5 hours of accepting these, (I was too busy doing other things at the time to look for solutions, etc) pretty well all my files, including Windows system files, and basically any .exe on my computer that BitDefender picked up, had been quarantined.

I had then read something that said making a new user on Windows would work fine (why I believed this is beyond me) so I attempted to go into safe mode, because not even the Control Panel would open up properly. Almost any .dll or .exe file that mattered was, at this time, in quarantine. Hundreds of files. This was without ever running a system scan. Anyhow, so I attempt to start up in safe mode, and low and behold, my computer no longer starts up properly. A 'Windows Startup Tool' ran, from Windows 7, automatically, and even with that, it said there is nothing it can do. At this point, it gave me the option to restart, which would only just continue an endless loop, or shutdown.

The above basically says ... BitDefender RENDERED MY COMPUTER USELESS. Completely.

Luckily, I have another computer in which I use Spysweeper, which has never given me any problems, I might add, and I've just burned myself a copy of my Windows 7 CD that I had backed up to my external hard drive.

I will keep you guys updated to see if it will properly install all the windows files it needs to get the computer going again.

~~~~~

I would just like to add that this is a complete waste of my time, and I have lost respect for BitDefender as a company. Having not tested your updates before releasing them to the thousands of people that have trusted your product, you may have just left an entire group (god knows how many) in the same boat as me, with absolutely no clue as to what went wrong with their computer, or what happened exactly. They will now have to pay to get someone to fix it most likely, and will have no clue that it is actually BitDefender's fault. (I'm talking people that have no tech background whatsoever, and basically trusted BitDefender as a top-of-the-line anti-virus program to simply protect them) Instead, your program has completely, and utterly destroyed people's computer.

I also have to laugh at the patch that you have released. Sure, it may work for some, but what about the people that are in my case, where their computer is now an abnormally large paperweight?

I would like a response please, and would like to know what exactly you are going to do for us, as customers, to resolve issues like mine. (Although, I have taken it into my own hands and am fixing it myself)

Thank you,

M

• Marcantonio
    edited March 2010
    Please can you tell me something?

Should I remove BitDefender from the system and install it again? In this case what would happen to the quarantined file that should, eventually, not have been restored by the patch?

I applied the patch but now I cannot update the product.

I'm running BitDefender Internet Security 2009 version 12.0.12.1

I didn't remove BD. I didn' performe manual update.

After patch installed you must restarting pc.....Then in Update Section click update now another time and when completed restart pc...

Quarantine files (a lot of)....I delated all of them

• Patch useless , when i try to repair windows i get a message my system don't need repair because work perfectly. But i can't access in to my system because have black screen (in safe mode too) ... License payed 2 weeks ago!

• Patch seems to work for me (Vista 64 Ultimate German - Bitdefender Internet Security 2009 v. 12.0.12.1 German)

with two exeptions:

1. An error message at the end of the patch-installation:

"livesrv.exe - Einsprungpunkt nicht gefunden ......"

2. The "Bitdefender Update Service" is not available (greyed out).

(livesrv.exe is not working!)

What to do now??

• Unknown
    edited March 2010

@enoch0o: Would it be possible to provide us with the entire error message you are receiving? It should sound like this:

Livesrv.exe - Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry point XXXXXXXX could not be located in the dynamic link library YYYYYYY.dll

and in this way we will be able to determine the .dll file which caused the issue.

@siimvuss: This was indeed an unfortunate event and we definitely do not wish to repeat this in the future. We will discuss with our community the recompensation methods but unfortunately we are not able to provide you with further details right now. We will post the details on this topic and on Compensation For False-positive Of Trojan.fakealert.5?.

@kringlan: First of all, please be informed that the files you are trying to restore already exist on your computer. Probably this is the reason why you are not able to restore them manually. If you can find some files on that Quarantine lists which you are not able to find on your computer please try to run the patch in Safemode.

@fakealert5: Can you please give us more details about what happened? Please tell us if now your system is working and if the files you are seeing in the Quarantine list are also on your computer. Please also run an update and let us know what is the Engine Version from BitDefender -> Expert Mode -> Update module -> Antimalware Engine Properties.

• I didn't remove BD. I didn' performe manual update.

After patch installed you must restarting pc.....Then in Update Section click update now another time and when completed restart pc...

Quarantine files (a lot of)....I delated all of them

Hi Marcantonio (are you italian? I am!).

My problem is that I cannot perform the "Update Now" 'cause it's greyed out (not available), It tells me that the "Update service ISN'T AVAILABLE" (This is my translation from the Italian message that states "Il servizio aggiornamento di BitDefender NON E' DISPONIBILE").

• Hi Marcantonio (are you italian? I am!).

My problem is that I cannot perform the "Update Now" 'cause it's greyed out (not available), It tells me that the "Update service ISN'T AVAILABLE" (This is my translation from the Italian message that states "Il servizio aggiornamento di BitDefender NON E' DISPONIBILE").

Ciao, si è successo pure a me è ho riavviato il pc. Dopo il riavvio ho eseguito l'update e riavviato di nuovo (è comparso il msg con la richiesta di riavviare). Dei files fasulli in quarantena me ne sono sbarazzato. Tutto funziona come prima del disastro. Nessun problema, ho anche eseguito un quickscan.... Peccato che BD sia scivolato in questo erroraccio... io sono da tempo un estimatore di questo antivirus. Speriamo tornino affidabili. Ciao

• I try to do a system restore but I keep getting this message even though I disable Real-Time protection.

How can I REALLY disable all BitDefender services?

restoreh.jpg

You should be able to get to safemode, If you were able to get there or to safe mode with command prompt then click Start --> Run and type msconfig, hit enter

If you were on safe mode with command prompt, just type msconfig and hit enter

goto Services tab and click hide MS services, Locate all bitdefender services & untick all of them then restart and apply repair option.

all the best

• in addition to post #1191

"livesrv.exe - Einsprungpunkt nicht gefunden"

Der Prozedureinsprungpunkt

"?get_value@@YAHPEAU_TDFILE@@PEB_W1PEAX_K1H@Z" wurde in

der DLL "bdutils.dll" nicht gefunden.

• @enoch0o: Would it be possible to provide us with the entire error message you are receiving? It should sound like this:

Livesrv.exe - Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry point XXXXXXXX could not be located in the dynamic link library YYYYYYY.dll

and in this way we will be able to determine the .dll file which caused the issue.

@siimvuss: This was indeed an unfortunate event and we definitely do not wish to repeat this in the future. We will discuss with our community the recompensation methods but unfortunately we are not able to provide you with further details right now. We will post the details on this topic and on Compensation For False-positive Of Trojan.fakealert.5?.

@kringlan: First of all, please be informed that the files you are trying to restore already exist on your computer. Probably this is the reason why you are not able to restore them manually. If you can find some files on that Quarantine lists which you are not able to find on your computer please try to run the patch in Safemode.

@fakealert5: Can you please give us more details about what happened? Please tell us if now your system is working and if the files you are seeing in the Quarantine list are also on your computer. Please also run an update and let us know what is the Engine Version from BitDefender -> Expert Mode -> Update module -> Antimalware Engine Properties.

Thanks for ignore all my messages! I wanna ask why you make a "windows patch" , if me and a lot of other peaple can't access and restore a system! Make a pach work in dos mode no?? And this is a serius company? License payed 2 weeks ago , i really can't believe it!

• Ciao, si è successo pure a me è ho riavviato il pc. Dopo il riavvio ho eseguito l'update e riavviato di nuovo (è comparso il msg con la richiesta di riavviare). Dei files fasulli in quarantena me ne sono sbarazzato. Tutto funziona come prima del disastro. Nessun problema, ho anche eseguito un quickscan.... Peccato che BD sia scivolato in questo erroraccio... io sono da tempo un estimatore di questo antivirus. Speriamo tornino affidabili. Ciao

Con me hanno chiuso! Ho pagato la licenza 2 settimane fa! Non ci posso credere , questi sono errori che NON devono succedere ad una casa che produce software per proteggerci! Devono sempre testare le patch ,cosa che non hanno fatto! E quindi mi lasciano pensare che NON lo hanno fai fatto prima! Con me hanno chiuso , non posso rischiare di nuovo una situazione del genere! Sveglia gente , noi siamo una "piccola" parte , contate in tutto il mondo quanti si sono trovati con il pc devastato dopo questo aggiornamento!

• Ciao, si è successo pure a me è ho riavviato il pc. Dopo il riavvio ho eseguito l'update e riavviato di nuovo (è comparso il msg con la richiesta di riavviare). Dei files fasulli in quarantena me ne sono sbarazzato. Tutto funziona come prima del disastro. Nessun problema, ho anche eseguito un quickscan.... Peccato che BD sia scivolato in questo erroraccio... io sono da tempo un estimatore di questo antivirus. Speriamo tornino affidabili. Ciao

Il fatto è che ho già riavviato il computer più volte e nulla è cambiato.

Non posso fare l'aggiornamento (anche le impostaioni tipo proxy, ecc... non sono gestibili) così non posso riattivare lo scan in tempo reale.

The matter is that I already restarted my computer several times and nothing changed.

I cannot update (even update settings like proxy, etc... aren't manageble) and so I cannot activate real time scan.

• My pc is OK now (more or less).

Restore the system to a previous point, and I made a new restore point after the installation of updates, and a system disk image.

So, question: Is it safe to restore the services of "Total BitDefender"?

I'd like to get spanish support :(

How can do it?

Many thank

Best Regards

• Marcantonio
    edited March 2010
    Il fatto è che ho già riavviato il computer più volte e nulla è cambiato.

Non posso fare l'aggiornamento (anche le impostaioni tipo proxy, ecc... non sono gestibili) così non posso riattivare lo scan in tempo reale.

The matter is that I already restarted my computer several times and nothing changed.

I cannot update (even update settings like proxy, etc... aren't manageble) and so I cannot activate real time scan.

hai provato a cambiare punto di ripristino? il mio win 7 ha scelto da solo la configurazione preced migliore...magari tu scegline una più vecchia e una volta riavviato blocca immediatamente e permanentemente REAL TIME PROTECTION (scegli tra l varie opzioni..5 min - 1 h - permanentemente).

have you tried to change the restore point? my win 7choose alone best back configuration ... maybe you have a better by choosing an older and once restarted immediately and permanently block REAL TIME PROTECTION (choose among various options .. 5 min - 1 h - permanently.)