Quarantined Items

Bit Defender team,

Ran the patch. Computer working fine.

However, quarantine still indicates thousands of files.

Are these duplicates and should I just ignore them?

Thanks and kudos for you're patience with all of our rants over the past 2 days.

Comments

• Bit Defender team,

Ran the patch. Computer working fine.

However, quarantine still indicates thousands of files.

Are these duplicates and should I just ignore them?

Thanks and kudos for you're patience with all of our rants over the past 2 days.

When did you run the patch (how much time ago?) and what BitDefender product are you using? The remaining files are most likely no longer required. Test if your system is working fine (for a few hours); if everything seems O.K. you can remove the Quarantine items.

• When did you run the patch (how much time ago?) and what BitDefender product are you using? The remaining files are most likely no longer required. Test if your system is working fine (for a few hours); if everything seems O.K. you can remove the Quarantine items.

Ran the released patch from http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#640

Windows 7

Bit Defender 10

Everything is working now and I turned my Real Time protection back on. No problems.

The Quarantine folder was still full of files, now there are only a few.

trojan.autorunINF.Gen

Gen:Trojan.HEUR.TP.kOW@bOV3oWd

Just leave it be? Please advise.

• Correction.

Above pertains to my desktop.

My Laptop, Windows 7, Total Security 2010 still has thousands of files in the Quarantine folder. Should I delete them?

They would not restore yesterday during this mess but I'm hesitant to try now.

Were they copied and repaired?

Again, patch downloaded and run and computer seems to be fine.

Please advise and hanks for yor efforts during this problem.

• Ran the released patch from http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#640

Windows 7

Bit Defender 10

Everything is working now and I turned my Real Time protection back on. No problems.

The Quarantine folder was still full of files, now there are only a few.

trojan.autorunINF.Gen

Gen:Trojan.HEUR.TP.kOW@bOV3oWd

Just leave it be? Please advise.

Those detections are not related to the FP and they are probably just malware. Check the name and location of the files please and post here.