[joke]bitdefender's Secret Deal With The Linux

After Months of Hard Work between BitDefender and Linux, our Master Plan was finally put into action. A great achievement where all involved can be proud. For along time BitDefender realized that Linux is the future of Computing and Windows days are numbered. Overpriced Software full of Bugs that controls the User making them feel it all to complicated and paying large sums of money for I.T support not really needed will soon end.

Open Source software which believes that the Product itself should be free but the required I.T Support structure to run any successful Business like say "The New York Stock Exchange" is not. And it's with this Business Model that Open Source Software Like "Open Office" and Operating Systems Like Linux make their Money.

Don't you think it ironic that The New York Stock Exchange trusts it I.T infrastructure to Linux and not Microsoft to protect the world largest trader of Money and Stocks from Viruses, Hackers and other Windows Nasties.

To those using the obsolete Operating System "Microsoft Windows" you only have yourselves to blame. Sooner or Later BitDefender had to see what Windows really was and quarantining it where it belongs. Again Well Done to All who made this all possible :D:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• csalgau
    csalgau ✭✭
    edited March 2010

While I am a *NIX like OS supporter, I have to admit this hasn't come to mind yet. Good way of campaigning though:)

One thing I would like to note about the NYSE and other users of openly licensed operating environments is that they tend to have incredibly large software and maintenance bills for the first several years after migrating to FOSS. This is due to the fact that the large majority of support technicians and IT spets do not have sufficient training to cover the actual necessities of their employers when using FOSS and end up outsourcing support to the likes of RedHat(1300$/year for 12/7), thus paying for both in-house and external staff. This does not include the huge sums required by third parties to develop custom solutions for new businesses.

• Hello Catalin Salgau,

Thanks for not Deleting this post. On a day like today where everyone wants BitDefender's Blood for the Boo Boo with the database that caused all these problem, you would have every right to have deleted it.

I get the feeling you have soft spot for Linux and see all 3 Operating Systems Windows, Mac and Linux as viable systems for who ever wants to use them.

I think in reality Linux will in time as it popularity grows be attacked by Viruses like Windows needing BitDefender.

Now is the time to Enjoy what Linux has to offer before it's too late.

• Mind you there's a reason why we are developing BitDefender on Linux and Mac OS X already.

• Hello Catalin Salgau,

With the number of "Bin Installer" files (take for example Google Picasa) that will unpack and run on a number of different Distro's be it Deb or RPM it won't be long before those who like making viruses make a "Bin Installer" containing a Virus.

If BitDefender is taking the time to create a Product for Linux and Mac, this must indicate that you feel Linux is a valid Operating System that will grown in popularity over the next few years.

I been using it for 4 years now and while it has some short coming in some areas, for most tasks an average PC User has for their PC it's perfectly suitable.

OH by the way I'm not an Ubuntu, SuSe, Fedora, Debian, Mandriva or anything else based on any of these Distro's User. I use something more powerful in the Linux World.......and I'm not telling!