Compensation For False-positive Of Trojan.fakealert.5?

Comments

• Hello all,

For those who received the confirmation email please right click on the BitDefender icon from the system tray and choose Update now. Please allow us 24 hours since you received the email in order to synchronize the information with our servers.

BitDee: While we are considering a newsletter with this kind of information I can offer you an alternative. Please visit MalwareCity and here you will find many information, news, blog articles about new threats. In the right part you will find the Get the Latest News section and you can fill in your email address in order to receive via email the newsletter.

warlord: We have sent you an email with our offer.

lorddraco: We are very sorry for all the inconveniences created. I forwarded your request to the Customer Service department and they will contact you via email.

Okky: We have sent you an email a couple of minutes ago. Please let me know if you did not receive it.

AdrianH: Once you received the confirmation email from the Customer Service department your license key is already extended. You should see this information in the BitDefender software installed on your computer after the first update. You can also access your online BitDefender account from here.

scocs: We have sent you an email today with our offer. Please reply to the email from us and let us know if you agree with it. Then you will receive a confirmation email from us when the license key was extended.

Kieran: Your license key was already extended. Please update BitDefender or access this link in order to check this information on your online account.

widestone: Please contact the German support at the email address: support@bitdefender.de or using this online form.

julielynn: We have created a Ticket ID and you will receive an email from the Customer Service department in the shortest time possible.

• I received the extension this morning. Thanks for the compensation - it was important for me to see you were willing to do this as gesture for any inconvenience caused.

• So Bitdefender is just sending out extensions to people who ask for them in a forum that you can't even FIND directly from their main bitdefender.com site? That's a REAL standup job there bitdefender. I just purchased bitdefender for my win7 machines near the end of last year because I thought it worked pretty good. Was real glad only one of my machines got the bd freakout. I ended up reinstalling and restoring from backup. Killed my Saturday though. I wouldn't mind compensation, but I've lost faith in the company. I'd really like to see emails sent to all users and an explanation of the root cause and how they've put steps in place so it won't happen again. As of right now, I STILL haven't had any email from them about the issue. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of BD customers out there who don't know what happened and had to get their computers fixed. At this point, I'm just disgusted with BD and sorry I ever recommended them to friends. Thankfully everyone I'd recommended BD to had other antivirus programs they paid for and didn't switch over. BD will probably never send out an email to all their customers, because their lawyers don't want them to admit culpability to the issue. They are probably also hoping alot of their customers don't find out they were torpedoed by their own antivirus program.

my .02

bdeffedmeinthea....

• L.o.D.
    L.o.D. ✭✭
    edited March 2010

They changed it to a year instead of the 6 month original offer for me.

Just need to know when it will show up on the GUI itself.

bdeffedmeinthea, they compare the email used here with the BD account email. Plus there's tickets that had been submitted along with those that emails Bitsy@bitdefender.com for it as well like I did.

• Please Carmen Cernev send me our offer in email because i have not received <_<

• bdeffedmeinthea, they compare the email used here with the BD account email. Plus there's tickets that had been submitted along with those that emails Bitsy@bitdefender.com for it as well like I did.

So, in other words they are weaseling around and not notifying ALL their customers. Just the ones who submitted tickets or managed to find this hidden forum. Also, they tuck an announcement away in the Press Center. How about a big announcement in the Support page? It should be the first thing people see there. How many people are going to go to the Press Center to find support answers?

Still disgusted with BD....

bdeffedmeinthea.....

• 6 months doesn't seem fair for a LOT of users...

I got that email too, not responding until they come up with a better offer.

• L.o.D.
    L.o.D. ✭✭
    edited March 2010

Phrea, they gave me a year instead.

To be fair, the forum is hardly hidden.

Plus they used twitter, facebook etc to notify people to contact them in regards to compensation.

I am NOT talking about contacting people about the fiasco.

Yes, they could have sent an email to the email we used to register our BD accounts with.

• I am sorry I don’t see it I bought bd internet security and had big problems from the start that’s with 2008 they said update to 2009 even worse problems. I was then asked to try bd 2010 I declined and gave up on it. I don’t need my money back and even if I was given a lifetime extension I would not use it like how many times do you need to play with this program. Remember the service pack 2 update bit nothing has changed.

• To be fair, the forum is hardly hidden.

Ok, L.o.D, go to bitdefender.com and find the button you click on for 'Forums.' Then please come back and let everyone know where it is located. We'll wait.....

bdeffedmeinthea....

• L.o.D.
    L.o.D. ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Ok, L.o.D, go to bitdefender.com and find the button you click on for 'Forums.' Then please come back and let everyone know where it is located. We'll wait.....

bdeffedmeinthea....

Since most people know about google, enter bitdefender forum & it's the first hit.

The main site isn't the only way. people should know how to google by now.

But ya, I can't find it right away on main page, but I could be overlooking it.

• Since most people know about google, enter bitdefender forum & it's the first hit.

The main site isn't the only way. people should know how to google by now.

Agree with bdeffedmeinthea

Very strange there is no link on Bdefender.com ,but its easy to find out why....

• bdeffedmeinthea
    edited March 2010
    Agree with bdeffedmeinthea

Very strange there is no link on Bdefender.com ,but its easy to find out why....

There is no link to these forums on bitdefender.com because it is a HIDDEN forum. Go to any major antivirus maker site...and it is very easy and intuitive to find their forums. Because they aren't HIDDEN. Nothing to hide on those sites.

So back to the topic...Bitdefender is compensating the people who found their way to this HIDDEN forum and complained, or opened a ticket. There has still been no general email sent to ALL customers (they have all our email addresses) about the issue or about compensation for the issue. BD has not been a stand up company concerning this issue and I am disgusted and done with them. I wish I would have realized the forums for BD were hidden before I purchased it and installed it, but now it's too late because..

bd_effed_me_in_the_a

bdeffedmeinthea.....

• I wish I would have realized the forums for BD were hidden before I purchased it and installed it, but now it's too late because.

You would judge a software based on the forum??

That makes no sense.

• You would judge a software based on the forum??

That makes no sense.

I cannot find the forum either. I just purchased a three PC license :o( VALENTIN? Can you assist me as to what I need to do to receive license extensions? I actually still believe in BitDefender.

• I cannot find the forum either. I just purchased a three PC license :o( VALENTIN? Can you assist me as to what I need to do to receive license extensions? I actually still believe in BitDefender.

Send an email to bitsy@bitdefender.com with compensation in the subject box.

• warriorking
    edited March 2010

Bit defender just agreed to extended me a full year as per my request, they originally offered 6 months but I refused...I believe this is a fair trade for my time.....I will stay with them for now.... B)

• If you already received the confirmation email, the change should be a matter of hours.

Anyways, we'll still be here or just drop us an email for more clarifications.

Thank you, subscription successfully extended by 6 months. Now, who at BitDefender is going to tackle the "BitDefender services are not responding..." issue with equal efficiency :P

Kieran

• I cannot find the forum either. I just purchased a three PC license :o( VALENTIN? Can you assist me as to what I need to do to receive license extensions? I actually still believe in BitDefender.

Thank you, for coming to our forum.

You are in our database and you request will be processed ASAP.

• Thank you, subscription successfully extended by 6 months. Now, who at BitDefender is going to tackle the "BitDefender services are not responding..." issue with equal efficiency :P

Kieran

One step at the time, Kieran :)

Definitely, this message is on our to-do list, I can tell you that.

• Unknown
    edited March 2010
    There is no link to these forums on bitdefender.com because it is a HIDDEN forum. Go to any major antivirus maker site...symantec, kaspersky, ###### even panda and it is very easy and intuitive to find their forums. Because they aren't HIDDEN. Nothing to hide on those sites.

So back to the topic...Bitdefender is compensating the people who found their way to this HIDDEN forum and complained, or opened a ticket. There has still been no general email sent to ALL customers (they have all our email addresses) about the issue or about compensation for the issue. BD has not been a stand up company concerning this issue and I am disgusted and done with them. I wish I would have realized the forums for BD were hidden before I purchased it and installed it, but now it's too late because..

bd_effed_me_in_the_a

bdeffedmeinthea.....

You made a valid point, which is currently into the process of being rectified. Just to give you a small heads-up, during the next few weeks we are developing a new support interface that will make the forum and all other support contact alternatives more visible, for that matter.

Stay tuned ;)

Oh, and one more thing: we are trying to outreach all customers which we believe have been affected (others than the ones from the forum or Bitsy or support) with an email blast. Hopefully we will get to all of them for assistance.

• Phrea, they gave me a year instead.

That is because you are an effing kiss ***, sorry to say but you **** the ###### out of me.

You really should stop posting, you got a full extra year, that's enough.

I had to rescue 2 other pc's which were in BIG [!!] trouble, and it took me a ****load of time to get them fixed.

• I sent an e-mail to bitsy@bitdefender.com on Sunday with Compensation in the title along with my license key and e-maill address and I haven't had any response.

• I am still trying to get my bit defender to even work, the person handling my ticket apparently isn't even reading what i am posting

Costel Belciu

BitDefender Technical Support Engineer

has linked me the same article in 2 successive email responses after I have told him that I have tried it and it doesn't work.

at 1st he linked me to the page to download the patch, i downloaded and tried to install it wouldn't install

then he linked me to a dead windows web page http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...-asked-question

when I told him that didn't work he linked me directly to the 1st thing again, and then yet again the same exact thing

I came on here and had a customer service rep tell me that there wasn't a patch available for gamesafe yet.

I re-posted on here to ask if there is one yet and if not if there is an ETA.

I tried again to download and install the patch on my own, it installed this time, but sit defender still will not update, and I posted in the other thread what is happening.

As of this point, I still have no active virus protection, no working bit defender, and apparently no-one seems to know what is going on, or how to answer me.

more important to me then if there is any compensation, is how do I get the ###### thing to work? There is still stuff in quarantine that I can't manually put back.

• I didn't get a compensation mail either.

• My Bitdefender 2010 experience ...

I have the following system, which totally bogs down as soon as I install bitdefender :

MOBO: Asus Rampage Extreme II

CPU: I7 920@ 4.4 GHz

COOLER: Venoumous X + ZF3 Push-Pull +MX3

RAM : 6GB TRI KIT G-SKILL DDR3 XMP CL7

Video: CrossFireX XFX ATI 5870 XXX 1GB DDR5

HDD: 1 * 500GB WD Caviar+RAID 0 2 * 1 TB SAMSUNG SPINPOINT

OPTICAL: Sony Optiarc Labelflash

AUDIO : X-FI TITANIUM

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TX

CASE: Antec 902

I am a professional photographer and last Friday I covered an event. It was a rather important event with quite a few important people. On Saturday, I decided to start processing my photos. I started working and I was also browsing the web. I suddenly see Bitdefender blocking Firefox. I said it is a virus, but I was searching for something on google. Then I see bitdefender blocking windows explorer. After this everything went down hill. No matter what I opened, everything was being blocked. I logged in and chatted online with support. Can't remember the name but the person gave me a very reassuring answer "Normal problem on a 64 bit OS". I try to explain that Bitdefender was blocking everyting, including itself. I wanted to take a screenshot of what was happening and the snip tool in windows 7 64 was missing. Bitdefender blocked it and moved it to quarantine. My system froze. I tried to explain this to the technician, yet he kept going on and on about turning off real-time protection. This was not my first BBQ, I know my way around computers and I saw that Bitdefender was moving to quarantine important windows files. I explain that I am trying to open something on my pc but I can't. I tried to explain that my system was totally screwed and forcing reboot will make matters worse. Eventually, I had to reboot and Windows 7 was broken. Safe-mode did not work, I tried a system restore, I tried to fix it, ran the console 5 times and it failed to work. The best thing about the situation was when I was logging in my W7 PC with my password and windows would kick me out as soon as the bitdefender service would load. I lost my whole Saturday because of this Bitdefender issue. In addition, it took 6 hours to install everything back. Office, CS4 Master, Capture NX, View NX, all my plugins, brushes, fractals, etc.

As a consequence, I had to stay up all night on Sunday to meet my deadline. Since Saturday, I am not using Bitdefender anymore. My relationship with Softwin has been terminated by them and not by me. You don't release an update like this to the public. A respectable company does not make the user a beta tester. This carelessness wrecked my weekend, system and nerves. I put up with their slow and buggy software (bitdefender service has stopped responding) but this was the last straw.

Thank you very much and goodluck fixing your reputation.

• Just checked my Bit defender and the 1 year extension compensation has been credited, I now have 499 days left on my 3 PC license...

• That is because you are an effing kiss ***, sorry to say but you **** the ###### out of me.

You really should stop posting, you got a full extra year, that's enough.

I had to rescue 2 other pc's which were in BIG [!!] trouble, and it took me a ****load of time to get them fixed.

Right because only people that agree with everything negative that is being said can post here right?

Oh I'm sorry that I didn't come here to start bashing BD like most other users here.

• Isn't it pretty obvious that the poster LoD (should just refer to himself as "LOAD" from now on) is an employee of either Bullguard or Bitdefender? I mean, just look at the posts. It's like he or she is the press agent for them. Defending and praising. Defending and praising. Criticizing those of us who are not pleased.

As for me, I can't seem to get it through their heads that I don't want a license extension. That doesn't begin to compensate for my damages. I have a big technician bill to pay because he had to work for many hours to fix my PCs after BD moved over 50,000 files into quarantine and it completely froze up. My main PC was like the Helen Keller of PCs. Nothing could communicate with it. I want a refund because I'm buying another service. The only remedy they are offering so far is their stinking license extensions.

I urge this company to stop screwing around with people and pay for the financial damages people incurred because of their negligence. I've had enough of apologies. I want to be financially made whole again.

• My Bitdefender 2010 experience ...

I have the following system, which totally bogs down as soon as I install bitdefender :

I am a professional photographer and last Friday I covered an event. It was a rather important event with quite a few important people. On Saturday, I decided to start processing my photos. I started working and I was also browsing the web. I suddenly see Bitdefender blocking Firefox. I said it is a virus, but I was searching for something on google. Then I see bitdefender blocking windows explorer. After this everything went down hill. No matter what I opened, everything was being blocked. I logged in and chatted online with support. Can't remember the name but the person gave me a very reassuring answer "Normal problem on a 64 bit OS". I try to explain that Bitdefender was blocking everyting, including itself. I wanted to take a screenshot of what was happening and the snip tool in windows 7 64 was missing. Bitdefender blocked it and moved it to quarantine. My system froze. I tried to explain this to the technician, yet he kept going on and on about turning off real-time protection. This was not my first BBQ, I know my way around computers and I saw that Bitdefender was moving to quarantine important windows files. I explain that I am trying to open something on my pc but I can't. I tried to explain that my system was totally screwed and forcing reboot will make matters worse. Eventually, I had to reboot and Windows 7 was broken. Safe-mode did not work, I tried a system restore, I tried to fix it, ran the console 5 times and it failed to work. The best thing about the situation was when I was logging in my W7 PC with my password and windows would kick me out as soon as the bitdefender service would load. I lost my whole Saturday because of this Bitdefender issue. In addition, it took 6 hours to install everything back. Office, CS4 Master, Capture NX, View NX, all my plugins, brushes, fractals, etc.

As a consequence, I had to stay up all night on Sunday to meet my deadline. Since Saturday, I am not using Bitdefender anymore. My relationship with Softwin has been terminated by them and not by me. You don't release an update like this to the public. A respectable company does not make the user a beta tester. This carelessness wrecked my weekend, system and nerves. I put up with their slow and buggy software (bitdefender service has stopped responding) but this was the last straw.

Thank you very much and goodluck fixing your reputation.

Pretty much my story as well. Getting "virus", following bit defender instructions, having no option but to shut down, loosing everything. Read my other post.

I now get a 2year offer for extended subscription, and information in private messages. I will not reply privately but do it here. I'm also saving all correspondence for future legal or public use.

All of those who lost time, money and/or data because of anti-virus system sending out virus should be compensated with money. Not a system that they can no longer trust.

Again, if i install bit defender and get a real virus(I've never seen one) then how do you suppose im going to react? All of the time its been false positives from bit defender. My standard way of dealing with viruses is shutting down my antivirus... its really unacceptable.

I want refund and compensation for lost time.

I want to be able to chose another solution for me and my company.

Interestingly enough our company server was protected by Bit Defender, but due to this being a sunday it was turned off(the only day in the week its off). otherwise our entire company would have been down for at least 2-3 days.

• Unknown
    edited March 2010

Phrea, TheNit & BlackWidow: We have sent you an email a couple of minutes ago. Please be so kind as to reply to our email and let us know if you accept our offer.

• Am just wondering if I should have got more than a 6 month extension, seeing as, in addition to my own little problems, I spent ages on the phone helping out a friend, who was running BullGuard. I don't know, life just doesn't seem fair.

Kieran

• Same for me.

Noticed the problem on Saturday. Tried to fix the problem on Sunday but no result. even the resque disk did not wordk on my laptop. At the end I spent more then 4 hours on the problem and decided to bring the laptop to my supplier.

Got my laptop back on Tuersday with a complete new Windows 7 installation. My supplier told me that is was not possible to fix the old version due to Bitedefenders update.

This menas another 4 hours to install all software on the machine. Thank god I had a backup of all my files.

Also bought directly a an other visrusscanner, because never ever I will install a Bitdefender product again.

Tries to reach Bitdefender by mail and Telephone, but did not succed. I'am veru sick of the fact that Bitdefender ruined my system and then don't even react on my mail or sent my from one phonenumer to the other.

I want an adres where I can sent an invoice to, because for sure Bitdefender will pay all cost from my supplier and my hours.

This is my business laptop and I hardly can not work without it.

Please info me how to be compensated or give me an adress where I can sent the invoice to.

• illona
    edited March 2010

forget any kind of free extension on Bitdefender. i will not use BD again ... and have been warned by many more-computer-savvy people not to.

this BD blunder has cost me hundreds of dollars, not to mention a full week of work. i'm a professional photographer and have been without my computer all week.

unlike a lot of the tech-savvy people on this forum, i require experts to help me through crap like this. although the guys who built my machine a year ago were able to help a few others who had their systems crushed by this, my own system was unrecoverable. i've had to have my entire system rebuilt which is costing me a few hundred dollars, not to mention the cost of a new anti-virus program ... and we're still rebuilding.

i doubt Bitdefender can come even close to compensating me for my loss of work and the cost of this fix.

• Thanks Carmen Cernev.

Got the mail, 6 months is oke by me.

BW.

• I'm using BD for three years now, I had nothing to complain about it. But that changed on March the 20th, I wa shocked about what happened then. My PC got blocked as hundreds of files were placed into quarantine, I spent hours to restore my files.

I know to err is human but this one was a real big one!

• I'm using BD for three years now, I had nothing to complain about it. But that changed on March the 20th, I wa shocked about what happened then. My PC got blocked as hundreds of files were placed into quarantine, I spent hours to restore my files.

I know to err is human but this one was a real big one!

Hello Rife Fox and R Moerenhout,

First and foremost please allow me to say sorry again for the inconvenience this issue has caused and for the time you spent restoring the computer.

Please feel free to contact us using the 'Contact Us' form. You can find all details if you login with your details on My Account

Choose the respectful department you wish to contact and the product you purchased. You will automatically be redirected to a page where you will find a field to submit your query to us. When you are done simply click on the 'Submit' button. On the right side of the page you can find few articles that may answer your question directly and provide you with an answer to your query.

Furthermore all queries, compensations and/or technical assistance on this matter are treated as high priority as we want to be certain that all affected users were assisted and compensated. Please keep in mind that you can also contact us Live using the LiveAssistance feature that we are offering, again under the 'Contact Us' page within your BitDefender account. Once you enter your question, you will be chatting live in a private window with one of our Technical Engineers available at that time. The service is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If, for any reason, you can't or don't want to use the above Contact forms please send me, or another BitDefender representative logged on the forum at that time, your email address and the reason you wish to be contacted and we will contact you back.

Best regards.

@BlackWidow: if you agree with our offer simply reply to the email you received and let us know. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

If anyone need any assistance on this matter feel free to post a reply or contact us using the above mentioned forms: by email, Live Chat Assistance, Phone or on this forum.

Best regards and a great week-end,

• I am still finding things that aren't working correctly. I do not have a Windows 7 disk as my laptop shipped with OEM software and no disk. I believe I've successfully repaired things as much as possible but I'm getting frustrated with all the time this is taking and nearly a week later still having issues. I fear I'm going to have to buy a Windows 7 disk to get this back in order.

• Got my refund request approved. Funny they didnt invalidate my license and say I could continue to use as I like.

"Your license key will not be invalidated so that you can use it as you please."

I think this is the best option given by bitdefender to you. As a good gesture from me, One of my PC will continue to use Bitdefender while I evaluate the other product. If in the near future, bitdefender still come out the better anti-virus.... who knows, I may decided to swtich back to BD for overall lower TCO.

Thank you BD.

• forget any kind of free extension on Bitdefender. i will not use BD again ... and have been warned by many more-computer-savvy people not to.

this BD blunder has cost me hundreds of dollars, not to mention a full week of work. i'm a professional photographer and have been without my computer all week.

unlike a lot of the tech-savvy people on this forum, i require experts to help me through crap like this. although the guys who built my machine a year ago were able to help a few others who had their systems crushed by this, my own system was unrecoverable. i've had to have my entire system rebuilt which is costing me a few hundred dollars, not to mention the cost of a new anti-virus program ... and we're still rebuilding.

i doubt Bitdefender can come even close to compensating me for my loss of work and the cost of this fix.

I don't understand how come some people need a week to fix something that needed 1 day the most to fix, and with the help of some technician.That is just ridiculous . I got mine up and running in 1/2 hour, and all the applications in other 2 hours.

You might consider switching the technician first.

• You might consider switching the technician first.

I agree.

Kieran

• I don't understand how come some people need a week to fix something that needed 1 day the most to fix, and with the help of some technician.That is just ridiculous . I got mine up and running in 1/2 hour, and all the applications in other 2 hours.

What I dont understand is that a Bug/problem namely

Bitdefender Services Are Not Responding. Please Restart...

See http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=16544

hasnot been resolved for over a YEAR ?

And why doesnot any Mod (besides L.O.D ;) ) or Technical Support Bitdefender Employee RESPOND to the Thread:

Want An Explanation From Bd About Fakealert Fiasco, fakealert.5 fiasco http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=18873

AN EXPLANATION of how Bitdefender managed to release an update that devastated the customers computers.

• Phrea, TheNit & BlackWidow: We have sent you an email a couple of minutes ago. Please be so kind as to reply to our email and let us know if you accept our offer.

Thank you, I gracefully accept your offer.

• Hello Rife Fox and R Moerenhout,

First and foremost please allow me to say sorry again for the inconvenience this issue has caused and for the time you spent restoring the computer.

Please feel free to contact us using the 'Contact Us' form. You can find all details if you login with your details on My Account

Choose the respectful department you wish to contact and the product you purchased. You will automatically be redirected to a page where you will find a field to submit your query to us. When you are done simply click on the 'Submit' button. On the right side of the page you can find few articles that may answer your question directly and provide you with an answer to your query.

Furthermore all queries, compensations and/or technical assistance on this matter are treated as high priority as we want to be certain that all affected users were assisted and compensated. Please keep in mind that you can also contact us Live using the LiveAssistance feature that we are offering, again under the 'Contact Us' page within your BitDefender account. Once you enter your question, you will be chatting live in a private window with one of our Technical Engineers available at that time. The service is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If, for any reason, you can't or don't want to use the above Contact forms please send me, or another BitDefender representative logged on the forum at that time, your email address and the reason you wish to be contacted and we will contact you back.

Best regards.

@BlackWidow: if you agree with our offer simply reply to the email you received and let us know. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

If anyone need any assistance on this matter feel free to post a reply or contact us using the above mentioned forms: by email, Live Chat Assistance, Phone or on this forum.

Best regards and a great week-end,

Thank you for your reply DanyDan.

Do I realy need to get in touch vith BD staff by submitting a support ticket? I can see some of the members had been compensated for their loss. Tell me please, am I eligible for such a compensation?

• I don't understand how come some people need a week to fix something that needed 1 day the most to fix, and with the help of some technician.That is just ridiculous . I got mine up and running in 1/2 hour, and all the applications in other 2 hours.

Ever thought that it might be possible that the problems are not the same on alle systems? Mybe other Windows system, maybe different files removed by BD.

Even my supplier, who knows a lot about pc's and software was not able to fix the system again. Complete clean installation required.

You were very lucky, so spare me this kind of comment.

• A completely fresh install, including all updates & 3rd party software still does not take a week to complete.

Not even 24 hours.

Any computer repair shop that tells you that is full of it.

There is absolutely NO reason for that to take a week.

• Hi, you seem to be starting to give compensation for what happened last saterday ? I have Windows 7 64bit and I lost both saturday night and sunday repairing my computer after the bitdefender update deleted everything it found on my computer! Since you seem to be giving compensation for this I would like to benefit from this too. I've been selling Bitdefender for 2 years now at work telling everyone it's the best so please don't do something like this again (luckily, only 4 customers came in for repair for this particular problem this week because 64bit is still not as frequent as 32bit is) Thank you very much, MephiSkA.

• Ever thought that it might be possible that the problems are not the same on alle systems? Mybe other Windows system, maybe different files removed by BD.

Even my supplier, who knows a lot about pc's and software was not able to fix the system again. Complete clean installation required.

You were very lucky, so spare me this kind of comment.

It's a proven fact for most technicians that . when you take the system for repair they will try to get your bill as high as possible by saying that the system is very affected and it takes a lot of time to fix it.Sometimes it works , sometimes it doesn't, depends on customer.(###### , I would do the same)

• A completely fresh install, including all updates & 3rd party software still does not take a week to complete.

Not even 24 hours.

Any computer repair shop that tells you that is full of it.

There is absolutely NO reason for that to take a week.

Yes... but...

When I got a big breakdown a few years ago, the computer seller/repair shop did not spend several hours to look for the trouble (like we do on a forum), they asked me the genuine windows cd-rom, software for system audio video and so on, and format the hard disk. They did not bother to look for the bad files.

It took very few hours, indeed!

You are true, but I had to install lots of 3rd party soft, updates, and so on... too.

Six months ago, I format a disk, reinstalled everything and it is true a few hours are enough for the main software.

As you say, 3rd party software take a bit longer simply because, well, we check for the activation code, we update, we read the check list to install everything we need...

Maybe two days? (considering we are cautious, we regularly reboot...)

It is usually with what you say 3rd party software we need more time (where did I put this xy!!x activation key???).

It depends on software, especially with updates that can be very very long...

Not a week indeed, however when I begin on monday evening (format and install everything) I'm seldom satisfied before Thursday or Friday ( but I only work one hour per evening at least, that does not make a full working week)

I guess brand new systems are much quicker, because they need few updates...

I just included my new avatar a few days ago: BSS (Black Saturday Survivor).

Have a nice evening to everybody and good luck for fixing!

L.

• Rife Fox & MephiSkA: No, it is not necessary to contact us directly. We have sent you an email with our offer. Please reply to it and let us know if you accept it.