Privacy Rules Lost

I have BDAV 2010 installed on Windows Vista Home Basic . When I shutdown , reboot , restart all of my cookie and ****** rules are lost in the privacy control section . Sleep mode is OK but sometimes you have to shutdown . It's very annoying to have to rebuild these rule lists as they can get quite large. I have a ticket from 2-17-10 but no response . Am I the only one with this problem ?

Comments

• Unknown
    edited February 2010

Hello handyman,

In order to further troubleshoot the issue you are dealing with please be so kind as to follow the steps bellow and provide us with some BitDefender files from your computer:

1. Go to Start -> Search -> type cmd and hit Enter;

2. Now type: cd %programfiles%/bitdefender/bitdefender 2010

and hit Enter.

3. Type: supporttool.exe /vsservtrace on

and hit Enter;

4. A popup should appear asking you to reboot the PC. Reboot the PC. If you are not asked to restart the PC, please do so on your own.

5. Please browse to: C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\DTrace

and copy the vsserv.log into a different location at your choice.

6. Now browse to this location:

C:\Users\<current user>\AppData\Roaming\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles

and search for cookies.xml and ******.xml.

7. Copy these 2 files in the location where you saved the vsserv.log file.

8. Now please go to SendSpace, upload the files (vsserv.log, cookies.xml and ******.xml) and send me a PM with the download link. We have sent you an email with these instructions. You can also reply to the email with these files attached.

Looking forward to having your reply!

Thank you.

• MalcolmImhoff
    edited April 2010
    I have BDAV 2010 installed on Windows Vista Home Basic . When I shutdown , reboot , restart all of my cookie and ****** rules are lost in the privacy control section . Sleep mode is OK but sometimes you have to shutdown . It's very annoying to have to rebuild these rule lists as they can get quite large. I have a ticket from 2-17-10 but no response . Am I the only one with this problem ?

I've had this problem for months and it is extremely annoying and potentially dangerous. Bitdefender Support have failed to provide a solution. As a temporary fix what I do is set a "System Restore" point every night before I shut down my computer. When I start up next day, sure enough, all the Cookie and ****** rules are missing, but if I do a System Restore to the last Restore Point they reappear.

A real pain but nothing else works until Bitdefender come up with a permanent solution.