Is It Safe To Stop ****** Control?

I used avast and kaspersky before bitdefender, both of these seemed ok, my lastest was avast, i did get a nasty virus a few months ago and my subscription was coming to an end and baring in mind i got a nasty virus i thought id get a different package and as i use bitdefender online scanner everytime i have a problem my anti virus couldn't clear i thought i will get there software, after reading reviews i thought it sounds good, up to now i cant say im that impressed, if you see my previous message i had a really bad time just installing the software as i got a blue screen as soon as i rebooted my laptop and kept getting it, after alot of messing about i finaly got it working, although it still is giving a blue screen now and then but not everytime, so thats still an issue.

anyway getting back to the issue i have mentioned in the topic, on previous other software i am used to them scanning for 'bad scripts' then blocking them as it find them, as i think thats what im paying for, but on bitdefender it doesnt seem to scan for bad scripts it seems to leave it to me to constantly accept if i want them to run or not, i get about 4 prompts when i go to any site asking if i want to run a ****** and it will add it to the rules, does that mean if i click yes by accident or mistake and it is malicious it is my fault because i clicked yes and not the softwares fault because its not stopping it automaticly?

if i stop these promps will the software still scan for bad scrips?

if so i can live with turning this off as if the scrips arnt malicious i dont mind them running

thanks

james

Comments

• Hello James,

The scripts are scanned for malicious content and behavior with the Antivirus modules (HTTP scanner). As long as you have the Realtime Protection enabled, it doesn't matter if you keep enabled ****** Control or not.

****** Control is part of Identity Protection, and is a module which is designed to work just like you noticed: the user is informed about every ****** that is downloaded into his computer, malicious or not. If you don't like it's behavior, just keep it disabled, because the overall protection will not decrease as long as the other security modules are up and running (Realtime protection, firewall, AntiPhishing, ...)

Cris.

• I faced that a problem ****** control of Bit defender 2010 Internet Security.

If a enable cript control from Privacy section, during to surf internet, I blocked some sites scripts ( I select DENY ). OK .

After reboot PC , DENIED or ALLOWED Scripts lists cleaned ( It gone -Disaapeared)

2009 version has not this problem. If I memoriezed any web site ****** Allow or Deny, It was persist. No delete after reboot PC.

This is a bug of 2010 version.

Necessary to fix immediately.

Thank You

VICTOR

• Unknown
    edited May 2010

Hello Victor,

Further to your query I would like to kindly inform you that the issue you are currently facing has been already noticed and escalated to the respectful department. We are working towards a resolution in the shortest time possible.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused.

As a workaround, an email was sent to your email address associated with the forum account. Please reply with the request information so we can troubleshoot and resolve the issue you are currently facing.

Thanks!

Regards,