Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Error Message Since Upgrade From Bitdefender 2009 To 2010

Options

We had Windows Vista and upgraded to Windows 7. Windows 7 wasn't compatible with Bitdefender 2009 so we received a free upgrade for the remainder of the time we had left.

Since the upgrade to Bitdefender 2010, we've had problems with the taskbar icon going gray and the error message saying, "Bitdefender Services Are Not Responding. The Bitdefender Security Service (vsserv.exe) is unavailable at the moment. Please restart the computer and try again. If the problem persists, please check out online support at http://www.bitdefender.com/help. The contact information provided on this site allows you to directly reach the Bitdefender Customer Care team for further information."

We have the system scan for 11:30pm every night. It was taking 9 hours to complete the scan. This same scan used to take only 1-2 hours with Bitdefender 2009. The above error message only appears when we go to our computer first thing in the morning.

We've already checked for conflicts with other scheduled programs like our Norton Ghost back-up and Windows Automatic Update and Windows Security.

We have Windows 7, 64-bit, IE8.

Please help with this problem.

Thanks.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

First and foremost please reproduce the steps you took when you made the upgrade to the 2010 version along with the BitDefender product you are currently using.

Also please check your email associated with your forum account, follow the instructions and send me back, via email, the requested log files for further analysis.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

First and foremost please reproduce the steps you took when you made the upgrade to the 2010 version along with the BitDefender product you are currently using.

Also please check your email associated with your forum account, follow the instructions and send me back, via email, the requested log files for further analysis.

Looking forward to your answer!

Daniel,

The steps we took to upgrade to 2010 was as follows: I contacted bitdefender support via telephone and was given a url link to download 2010. I followed the steps to upgrade from 2008 and configured the settings with the assistance of the tech. I have also called another time asking for help with this same issue without things being resolved. As for the email associated with our forum account, we didn't get one. Can this be resent with the details of what you may need to help us resolve our issue.

Thanks,

• Unknown
    Options

Hi,

I have sent you the email few moments ago again, on your Hotmail account.

Have you used the uninstall tool in order to remove the 2008 version before installing the new 2010 ?

Please check your email and provide me with the requested log files so we can resolve the issue you encounter.

Regards,

• Hi,

I have followed the above steps with a tech on the phone in order to resolve a conflict with the new 2010 upgrade, but I still have problems. Bitdefender is currently non-functional and has been for a few days. The tech on the phone said he would have a more advanced tech email me later. That was a week ago. Any help would be appreciated. Here is a rough idea of my issue:

-I completely removed bd 2009 with the uninstall tool.

-Installed and updated Antivirus 2010

-I don't have any other antivirus types of software installed

-I'm running XP Pro

-1st issue: windows would not open... blue screen with stop error message. I restarted and opted to start with the "last known configuration that worked."

-After a few days windows started running without the initial blue screen error, but now bitdefender will not start. The vsserv.exe is not running.

The above posting does not belong on this thread. I am the original poster and kandrews351 has posted in the wrong thread. Please disregard kandrews351 posting as regards my original problem. Thank you.

• Hello NoManIsAnIsland123,

The post was removed and the user kandrews351 warned.

Please do not post off-topic messages as it may confuse the other users. If you can't find any topic that matches the type of issue you encounter, please start a new topic.

Thank you for understanding!

Back to our topic, what is the status of the issue NoManIsAnIsland123 ? Please provide me via PM with a secondary email address (if you have one), the phone number and a convenient time where I can reach you. Thanks!

Regards,

• Hello NoManIsAnIsland123,

The post was removed and the user kandrews351 warned.

Please do not post off-topic messages as it may confuse the other users. If you can't find any topic that matches the type of issue you encounter, please start a new topic.

Thank you for understanding!

Back to our topic, what is the status of the issue NoManIsAnIsland123 ? Please provide me via PM with a secondary email address (if you have one), the phone number and a convenient time where I can reach you. Thanks!

Regards,

Hi, Daniel. We're still experiencing problems and we're working on the instructions you sent to us via email. Thanks for your patience.

NoManIsAnIsland123

• Unknown
    edited August 2010
    Options

No worries. send me the logs when you have the time to generate them. Also enclose any information you may find useful into your reply.

Regards,

• No worries. send me the logs when you have the time to generate them. Also enclose any information you may find useful into your reply.

Regards,

Hi, Daniel. Back on 08/02/10, I emailed you the info you requested according to the instructions you emailed to me to my hotmail account. Did you receive it? Were you able to figure out the source of our BitDefender problem?

• Hello Ryan,

I have received your email and send you the results of the analysis. Follow the enclosed steps and let me know if there is anything else I can help you, will be my pleasure to further assist you.

Kind regards,

• Hello Ryan,

I have received your email and send you the results of the analysis. Follow the enclosed steps and let me know if there is anything else I can help you, will be my pleasure to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Just wanted to let everyone know that our problems with BitDefender were never resolved. We followed all instructions given to us in this forum, through emails and via telephone. We spend countless hours on this. Finally, we uninstalled BitDefender. We purchased and installed Norton AntiVirus 2010 and it's working perfectly.

NoManIsAnIsland123