Error -1011 Updating

Hi

The story is i had bit defender internet security 2010, then i did a full format yesterday and downloaded bdis 2011. after installing i tried to update, it seems to download a few files and then i get a message saying: An error occured during the update (-1011). If the problem persists please check our online support website at www.bitdefender.com.au.

Have tried restarting and it keeps coming with the same error?

Comments

• Hi

The story is i had bit defender internet security 2010, then i did a full format yesterday and downloaded bdis 2011. after installing i tried to update, it seems to download a few files and then i get a message saying: An error occured during the update (-1011). If the problem persists please check our online support website at www.bitdefender.com.au.

Was it the extractable file or the software itself. I find it better to get the full software. When i had it on my system which I don't at the moment, cpu was getting ate up. I downloaded the full file. Here is one link I ran across just now, just scan it with some antimalware or like a stinger or Superantispyware before you try installing it.

davhag64

Hope you do not have to do a clean boot again, but better than a format.

• Hi

me too, but I don't know how to solve this problem.

• cyclonite
    edited August 2010

I might also add that BDIS 2010 worked fine, i just reformat my pc every now and again to clean it.

I am considering going back to 2010 version if this is possible.

And i downloaded the software directly from the bitdefender website.

• Hello,

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. First please unplug the internet cable from your computer or disable your Wireless Adapter, if you are connected to a wireless network.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select "Run as Administrator"

5. Check the box to "Agree and allow BitDefender to gather related information from your computer" and click on the Next button

6. In the next window enter your email address, select the problem type and enter a description of the issue you encounter

7. Check the box next to "Try to reproduce the problem before submitting" and hit the Next button

8. Choose the issue type and again hit Next

9. When asking to enable additional logging (a pop-up message will appear when you click on the Next button at step 8) please save all open Documents and hit the Yes button to restart the PC

10. After the restart, a new window will pop-up where you will be asked to reproduce the issue you encounter. If you have already done that please check the box next to "I have reproduced the issue" and hit the Next button

11. Wait for the tool to generate the logs then click on Finish. You will be asked to restart the PC again to disable the logging options of BitDefender.

12. After restart look on your Desktop for the created SupportTool file. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

13. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

14. Send me the created file by uploading it HERE

15. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution in the shortest time.