Bitdefender Bloat Ware

I have been using Bitdefender now for around 5 years and every year I have to deal with new problems. I have also noticed that Bitdefender has been slowing my systems down more and more. I don't know if I can continue to use this software as it is causing me to waste a lot of time trouble shooting and waiting for load times.

I have looked at some solutions mentioned here http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=20892 to fixing slow web access but really it hasn't done much.

I guess I will keep messing around (wasting time) to see if I can fix this crap.

Talking with friends they say to skid BD altogether. Most likely won't be renew after this run is over.

Comments

• Hello,

I understand your frustration however you haven't provided me with any details about the issue you encounter. Lets start with your PC details: how much RAM and what Processor your PC has ? What BitDefender product are you using ?

Provide me with a detailed description of the issue you encounter so we can try and find a resolution for it as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

• Hi there.

I am running a evga 680i mobo with a 6850 dual core processor @ 3gigs, I have 2 gigs of DDR2 RAM. I am running windows XP pro.

right now windows is alerting me that I should have anti virus yet BD 2011 is telling me all is well.

I know this is a new version and can take time to work out the bugs but I really think BD releases their software too early on us. Basically has their customers be unwilling yet have no choice beta testers. I really like the lay out and functionality of BD but think over kill is what's happening here, hence "bloat ware."

web pages load slow on both my wife and my computers. My online games even load slower now then when running BD Internet Security 2010.

• Look, seriously, every year, Bitdefender is getting worst and worst. It started out from being a great piece of fast and efficient software, but now, all it does is crashes and has many bugs and lags. It's not just me, I take a look around the forum, and everyone is starting to think the same. If the upgrade to 2011 isn't free, or these bugs don't go away, I have no choice but to switch. I've been a user for 3 years now, but this is just too much.

• Yeah I just don't know about BD anymore. Tired of dealing with issues.

• Why is Windows saying I have no antivirus when Bitdefender Internet Security is running. And yes the Antivirus module is running. The program is saying PROTECTED, No issues....

• Corpus follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Also tell me what Service Pack you have on your Windows XP.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Corpus Masochist
    edited October 2010

Hi Daniel, so I did what you asked but what happened when I ran the supporttool was I believe sent the file to BD technical support. No file was created on my desktop. And I don't know where that file would reside on my computer if even it does..

Ok I had a look around the BD folder and found a "logging" folder which has a Supporttool XML Document in it. Is that the file that was created and if so the file you want to view?

If so let me know and I'll send it to you.

..... Never mind found the folder on my desktop.. pfffft!!

• Corpus Masochist
    edited October 2010

Ok this really has to get solved I can't continue using this if this is what I have to deal with. Slow everything. Simple things like trying to watch a youtube clip takes so long to load. My gaming is suffering hugely as well and that just can't happen.

Game Mode doesn't work and there is no way to manage games as it will not highlight. BitDefender 2011 won't let me disable the antivirus module at all.

Where can I get a copy of BD Internet Security 2010. 2011 is broken and needs to be pulled and worked on before selling anymore of this to customers.

• I uninstalled BDIS 2011 and reinstalled BDIS 2010 which resolved all the issues that had been happening to my computers.

I will follow these threads closer and wait to see improvement before I re-try BDIS 2011

Where could I view a list of updates made to the release of BDIS 2011 which differ from BDIS 2010?

• Hello,

The issue was resolved with the installation of 2010 version because the 2011 one was not installed correctly. Only the firewall drivers were installed and running. As you have used the uninstall tool to remove the 2011 version and installed the 2010, that is why the issue didn't occurred anymore.

I do believe that you can re-install the 2011 version without any problems.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime.

Kind regards,

• I uninstalled both 2010 and 2011 with the BD uninstall tool each and every time. I also use a registry cleaner that removes a lot of entries which the BD uninstall tool misses. After reinstalling 2011 the problems still persist. Bitdefenders new install process has also failed a couple times during 5 or 6 reattempts at installing BD 2011.

With all the uninstalling reinstalling of Bitdefender I have wasted a lot of time in just that alone. Not to mention all the trouble shooting and posting/waiting to find a solution to this.

Maybe in a few months I will try Bitdefender 2011 again but for now your new software is beta and I ain't no tester.

Needless to say I am really put off about this crap.

Look at the numerous people complaining about problems with the new BD 2011. That in itself says there are issues with the software.

It needs to be fixed bottom line.

This discussion has been closed.