Bitdefender Blocking Websites

Hello there,

i have an really annoying Problem with Bitdefender Internet Security. A lot of websites are blocked by Bitdefender. I am using Google Chrome and i'm getting following problem

Error 10 (net::ERR_ACCESS_DENIED)

As soon as i remove Bitdefender from my Computer everything works perfectly fine. Even if a turn all of the Functions off the problem still occurs. The only thing which helps is to remove Bitdefender completely. I have this problems on 3 of my PCs and it just not acceptable.

I am running following Setup:

Win 7 64bit

Google Chrome

Bitdefender Internet Security 2011

The same page which is not working on my computer is working just fine on other machines not running BD. So i hope you can help me.

Morkha

Comments

• Can you provide a number of sites that are blocked so we can test this?

• Can you provide a number of sites that are blocked so we can test this?

The problem is, that the sites differ on the machines. Some are working on my Laptop which are not working on my Desktop and the other way round. But as soon as Bitdefender is removed both machines work perfectly.

But i will monitor the sites which are blocked an note them down.

• Hello,

I too am having the same problem with BitDefender blocking yahoo and google both. How do I prevent this from happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• I started having this same problem as well yesterday with bitdefender 2011 total support on a Windows XP machine. I got the "Bitdefender has blocked this site...." message on a number of different sites that I regularly use including Google. After some number of refreshes the error message goes away and I can get to the site. The problem randomly occurs on IE, Firefox, and Chrome.

• I've been having that same problem for the last few months. The only cure for when it does happen seems to be rebooting.

It usually doesn't happen unless I've been running Windows Media Center to watch movies on the Xbox. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it was just after shutting down Media Center then going to random favorite webpages. Today Google.com was blocked which I thought was kind of funny.

I keep my definitions updated and let the system scan run at least once a week, but I know that this isn't due to a virus or the like.

I'll try to provide more info if needed.

BTW...running Windows 7 Ultimate if that helps.

• Here's an update to my earlier post today. Subsequent to the post I ran the "Update Now" process to make sure I was running the latest everything. The attached file has screenshots from a Google search done in IE. The first shot shows most of the resultant sites to contain unsafe java scripts. The second shows the bit defender error after clicking the refresh button. The third shows the result after refreshing again, and the forth after one additional refresh. All were done within the span of about one minute.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=7028" data-fileid="7028" rel="">bitdefender_warning.doc

• I am also getting this

This web page has been blocked by BitDefender Antivirus Real-time Protection!

It is random, no particular pages and no other programs running.

Win 7 64bit home prem.

• I am also having these problems...one minute it will block a site...the next it will not.

Win 7 x64 here

• This started for me about 2 days ago, it started as small video boxes or newsclips and now I will get it on a web page, I run both firefox (just updated it) and IE8, windows7 64bit version. Its random for what sites and it goes away if I reload the site, sometimes I have to reload the browser for things to work.

I ran a scan offline to see if it was a virus but that wasn't the case. I have also been seeing a lot of cookies needing to be deleted each time I ran the scanner anywhere from 24-40 advertisement cookies, I run a full system scan about twice a week.

• BitDefender 2011

This web page has been blocked by BitDefender Antivirus Real-time Protection!

The web page blocked by BitDefender included objects that were either infected or likely to be infected with a virus. Your system has NOT been infected.

This problem is really getting old, I got the above error coming to this site, it is happening most of the time for me.

It doesn't matter what browser I use - I am running win7 64 bit.

I have not seen any replies from BD about this issue.

Please Help

• Hello all,

The situation should be fixed by now.

Please make sure that your BitDefender is up to date and if the problem persists post here the number of virus signatures (you will find this info in expert mode -> update module).

• Hello there,

i have an really annoying Problem with Bitdefender Internet Security. A lot of websites are blocked by Bitdefender. I am using Google Chrome and i'm getting following problem

Error 10 (net::ERR_ACCESS_DENIED)

As soon as i remove Bitdefender from my Computer everything works perfectly fine. Even if a turn all of the Functions off the problem still occurs. The only thing which helps is to remove Bitdefender completely. I have this problems on 3 of my PCs and it just not acceptable.

I am running following Setup:

Win 7 64bit

Google Chrome

Bitdefender Internet Security 2011

The same page which is not working on my computer is working just fine on other machines not running BD. So i hope you can help me.

Have the same problem(s) This trashy program has effectively blocked about 30-40% of the sites I normally view. Also getting fakeplishing warnings. Sites are mostly news sites and the like. No sites contain anything I would not let my granddaughter read.

Bid Defender site are in the bunker and sending out suggestions to read help pages. They have no answer and appear not to care.

Pitiful help from BD, just pitiful.

I think they overreached with this heuristic BS. No way to disengage the stuff. vsserv.exe is is continually running and eating resources and they do not understand.

Threw away good money on this trash

Morkha

• Problem still exists

6401865 virus signatures

7.34446 engine

updated 45 minutes ago

• Same issue. google.com and amazon.com are blocked

BD Antivirus Pro is up to date.

• Still not working, randomly blocking different sites. Everything is up to date.

• Still having this problem after last update that required a reboot.

virus signatures 6402992

Engine 7.34550

This program is probably the best internet security program developed because BitDefender 2011 blocks most web pages.

Where is the support? This has gotten so bad that I have uninstalled BD just so I can run my business.

From what I have read it seems that everyone that is having this problem is running win 7 64bit

• rOB300
    edited October 2010

Same problem and it only started happening. Very very annoying.

Also, my homepage doesn't open at all and instead is nothing but some sort of code. This has occurred exactly at the same time as the bitdefender problems and I've reinstaleld bd, it's definitely bd.

My homepage:

㱴楴汥㹄剕䑇䔠剅偏剔′〱ㄦ⌱㜴㬼⽴楴汥㸍਼䵅呁⁈呔倭䕑啉嘽≘ⵈ敡摬楮敳∠䍏乔䕎吽∶〢㸍਼獣物灴⁴祰攽≴數琯橡癡獣物灴∾ഊ㰡

• I'm having this issue as well.

Windows action center reports that BD Firewall is off and I get blocked websites.As soon as I enable BD Firewall sites are no longer blocked.

So, maybe firewall has to do with blocked sites issue???? :wacko:

thanks

• This started happening to me with IE in Windows 7 64-bit. Very annoying!! When will this be fixed so I can continue to use BD?

• mr3c2010
    edited October 2010

Glad to see that I'm not the only one having this problem. I'm running Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, and have also found the only, seemingly temporary solution is to reboot. Eventually though, it seems I will start to get greeting by the Bit Defender Real-time protection error, and not be able to reach any websites. All three browsers I have, which are Firefox, Google Chrome and IE8 suffer the same problem. I'm using 2011 Internet Security.

• redb2112
    edited October 2010

I went and created a forum account just now because I'm having this same issue. BD is blocking all my sites at about a 80% frequency. Also I got the issue earlier today that rOB300 described with my homepage giving me Chinese looking cuneiform lettering all down the page. Strange stuff.

Win 7 64bit home premium

• I'm having the same problem starting a few days ago. Updated BitDefender twice today, had to reboot once and problem still continuing.

Virus Signature: 6403834

Engine Version: 7.34454

Rebooting seems to cure it for a while. Today off the top of my head it has randomly and completely blocked: cnn.com, foxnews.com, facebook.com, mail.google.com, hotair.com, huffingtonpost.com and a sub-page on Yahoo news and, to top off everything IT FRIGGIN' BLOCKED forum.bitdefender.com and your registration pages. I had to disable bitdefender antivirus just to register for your forum to try to find a solution to this!! You blocked your own forum registration page and your own forum as malicious!!!

I own nine (9) BitDefender Internet Security licenses. I have 4 XP Pro machines that still have 2010 that are not exhibiting this problem (but they are exhibiting other 2010 problems which is why the other machines are upgraded to 2011). The Win 7 Pro machine has not yet been reported as having this issue but is only used on IE. Two XP Pro machines used primarily with the current Firefox are having this issue.

I need a solution NOW!!

• Ghakis
    edited October 2010

This is really getting out of hand. Occasional web pages were being blocked and that was ok because when you follow a link you're never quite sure where you're going, but now pages like google.com are being blocked and it seems like the problem just gets worse and worse. I have taken the advice from a previous thread and disabled http scanning, but BD really has to step up and address this. Its like the real time http scanning is either gone crazy or is finding a ridiculous number of false positives.

Edit: As previous poster noted, I couldn't even register for these forums until I disabled the http scanning. I could get to the registration page, but it would always block the security code (the code would never display no matter how many times I refreshed/reloaded).

BD Internet Security 2011, last update 20 minutes ago: Engine version 7.34455, Virus signatures: 6404231

Windows Vista, SP 2 (32 bit).

Please don't make me drop this and go buy something else...

• Bit Defender has always given me problems. The customer service is terrible and problems go unresolved.

That being said, currently, bidefender is blocking most of my websites. It's getting so frustrating I'm losing my cool. I tried disabling the anti phising feature, but it still blocks the sites. Currently, it's blocking major sites much as Google search and Mycokerewards as well as Wiki and other sites I use frequently. I finally disabled it from the add-on's as well as from the toolbar. We'll see if that works. I had to shut the whole thing off before just to get to my sites and disable real time protection which completely defeats the purpose of paying for an anti virus program. This is very annoying and not very practical. I'd almost rather take my chances at having some non important information leaked out than deal with this nonsense.

• Disabling anitphishing, the add-in or completely through the bitdefender control panel didn't make a bit of difference for me.

The last poster did remind me that today it also blocked wikipedia, mycokerewards among others I listed and have forgotten at the moment.

• Unknown
    edited October 2010

Hello,

The issue reported has been resolved last night. Right click on the BitDefender icon and select Update Now. If prompted to restart the PC please do so.

If the issue persist after the update please let me know. Provide me with the EXACT link blocked.

Regards,

• enoch0o
    edited October 2010
    I'm having this issue as well.

Windows action center reports that BD Firewall is off and I get blocked websites.As soon as I enable BD Firewall sites are no longer blocked.

So, maybe firewall has to do with blocked sites issue???? :wacko:

thanks

EDIT:Just wanted to inform that both issues are now resolved after running BD repair tool and updates.

thanks

• enoch0o
    edited October 2010
    EDIT:Just wanted to inform that both issues are now resolved after running BD repair tool and updates.

thanks

EDIT:EDIT Okay, BD just started blocking every website again except these forums.Ran update now it's fixed again.What's going on?

• DanyDan just recently posted this pinned topic with a resolution. Please follow his instructions and post your results in that topic.

Thank you,

• It's doing it again, blocking Google and other websites. I can't go to the other topic since you CLOSED it.

A little help here please!!!!

• blackhawkdoc64
    edited October 2010

I am still having this issue. Updated today and rebooted. Still there ... ? O.K. web addresses, how about google.com hotmail.com many others. The odd behavior here is that if you refresh a few times bit defender will decide to stop blocking the page. I mean realy folks. If this was not a programming error could that happen? How about a little more feedback from YOU BIT DEFENDER instead of just an ocasional post stating that the problem that is STILL OCCURING is fixed. We would like to know you are aware of the problem and are actively addressing it. After all, we are paying you for a service.

Virus signatures: 6418700

Engine Version: 7.34482

• Hello,

Just got to the office, I will look deeper into the issue and come back with a feedback and a resolution. As far as I know, yesterday, when I left the office, the issue was resolved and we had no more reports coming through any of the communication channels.

Have you tried deleting cache and temporary Internet files / folders ?

• Just started doing it again.

• Hi,

Please tell me if:

- you updated BitDefender;

- the number of Signatures and Engine version;

- what browser are you using

- all the pages currently blocked (FULL link);

- a screenshot of the notification you receive

- the status of the Scan HTTP traffic option in Antivirus -> Custom Level;

- have you cleared your cache and temporary internet files and folder.

Thank you.

• Hi,

Please tell me if:

Thank you.

This problem is a pain in the A**

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Bla...ors/td-p/599135

and the list goes on....

And yes I've done all the cleaning,

Default levels

Opera 10.63

Opera 11 Alpha

Firefox ETC....

• Hi,

Please tell me if:

Thank you.

Yes I have updated

I use firefox and IE8

http traffic option is on

yes I have cleared both browsers completely (three times)

Bitdefender blocked

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...0864Y0340057298

http://www.modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=1

my email account on hotmail

an advertisement on Amazon.com but not the entire page just a small sectionI forgot to get the link

http://my.yahoo.com/

there has been a couple of other sites but I didn't grab the page when it happened, one was a news link on yahoo

This started up agian for me only once in awhile through the day I do not get the blocked webpage everytime for the same website and its usually unblocked if I go somewhere else and then back to the website that was blocked, or open another tab and try it again. It is still random but is happening less often for me.

• Hi,

Please tell me if:

Thank you.

-I updated BitDefender and rebooted.

-Virus signatures: 6430858

-Engine version: 7.34510

-Internet Explorer 8

-http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=pest+control ***intermitently***

-http://www.wowhead.com/item=19972 ***intermitently***

-O.K. Screenshot included for your viewing pleasure.

-HTTP traffic scan enabled.

-I have cleared my cache and temporary internet files to no avail.

I would like to add the included screenshot of the notification shows the exact notification given for many, many websites. This is given as I stated before intermittently and the page can be viewed by refreshing a rediculously large amount of times. I will also try to add websites as I run acrost them and as I have time as the number is quite large.

post-38530-1288625246_thumb.jpg

• This is getting ridiculous.

One minute, it works fine, refresh the page only to find it blocked.

Also finding a whitelisted site blocked which should never happen.

BD is always updated

virus sigs as of this post: 6431352

engine: 7.34511

Firefox 3.6.12

RealTime scan is set to default settings

Same pic of error as above

www.forums.steampowered.com will be ok then suddenly blocked while whitelisted.

• This is getting ridiculous.

One minute, it works fine, refresh the page only to find it blocked.

Also finding a whitelisted site blocked which should never happen.

BD is always updated

virus sigs as of this post: 6431352

engine: 7.34511

Firefox 3.6.12

RealTime scan is set to default settings

Same pic of error as above

www.forums.steampowered.com will be ok then suddenly blocked while whitelisted.

This is my opera speed dial after a refresh:

bit.JPG

• same problem for me.

Running Bitdefender total security 2011

Windows Vista 32bit

• Hello everyone,

We have made some final adjustments on our servers and the issue should be now resolved. The pages are blocked by the Real Time Protection and NOT by the Antiphishing module.

I would recommend you all to have the 'Scan HTTP traffic' disabled in the Antivirus -> Custom Level.

If however still encounter this issue please report it back.

• Just curious, but if it has been resolved, why would that setting need to be disabled?

• It's not a must, it's a recommendation. I personally have it disabled.

• dragonstorm
    edited November 2010

ok new thing. I turned off http scan when amazon.com was blocked. I reloaded the page and then tried to load amazon.com again and got this

BitDefender

This webpage has been blocked by BitDefender Parental Control!

This web page has been blocked by the User Control Heuristic Web filter.

Changing the Parental Control Settings for the current user will enable you to access this page. If you are an administrator on this system, you can change the Parental Control settings from the BitDefender Parental Control module.

I have never had parental controls set, and it shows it is off. I am not comfortable having someone from bitdefender access my computer to figure it out so I hope they can find another way to fix this.

Ok just did it when I tried to search using google for Amazon and did the same thing to Walmart.com.... http://www.walmart.com/index.gsp using a bookmark

tried ebay same thing

http://www.ebay.com/ using yahoo toolbar to access it

amazon i tried a search, the yahoo toolbar and from a bookmark blocked it everytime

• I'm having the same problems as I mentioned above just not as often. If I hit reload then the site being blocked will eventually load. I have noticed page elements with the bit defender blocked message(A page loads but a portion is blocked by bit defender). Is this going to get fixed soon, otherwise I need a refund I don't have the time or patience to deal with this problem...

• I am so glad I'm on my free trial still (17 days left). I have had Bitdefender in the past and loved the firewall, but ever since upgrading to 2011 Total Security I've had nothing but trouble. Whenever I make a forum post somewhere I always fear the random "BitDefender has blocked your website!". Well thanks BitDefender but seriously wtf, you don't give us an option to turn off this feature?

Tell us to do updates is insulting because we are. I just did another update today and got blocked on the first site I went to. I'm surprised it doesn't block your own forums, but I'm sure it would if I browsed long enough.

• Hello everyone,

We have made some final adjustments on our servers and the issue should be now resolved. The pages are blocked by the Real Time Protection and NOT by the Antiphishing module.

I would recommend you all to have the 'Scan HTTP traffic' disabled in the Antivirus -> Custom Level.

If however still encounter this issue please report it back.

I personaly find this statement disturbing. The HTTP traffic scan is a function we have paid for and as such the answer should not be to disable it. If this company is unable or unwilling to fix the function that we have paid for then possibly our money would be more welcome elsewhere and a refund would be in order. I do hope that the "final adjustments" are actualy a fix this time because the HTTP traffic scanning is a function that I expect from an AV. Without this function the program is lacking and it would be time to move to a more serious company.

That being said I truly do hope that this time we can expect a fix because besides for this issue this program has been one of the best AV's I have dealt with. It has a well thought out interface and tends to catch the bad programs before they become a problem. This of course has been partly to do with the HTTP traffic scanning function.

• As I already explained three times: disabling the Http traffic is a recommendation, NOT A MUST. With all the respect but no, preventing bad programs from installing is not what the HTTP traffic scan does. I would recommend you to read the manual before posting something that may confuse other users.

BitDefender protects your computer from all kinds of malware (viruses, Trojans, spyware, rootkits and so on). The protection BitDefender offers is divided into two categories:

* Real-time protection - prevents new malware threats from entering your system. BitDefender will, for example, scan a word document for known threats when you open it, and an e-mail message when you receive one.

* Real-time protection is also referred to as on-access scanning - files are scanned as the users access them.

#

Scan options for e-mail, web and instant messaging traffic. To prevent malware from being downloaded to your computer, BitDefender automatically scans the following malware entry points:

* incoming e-mails

* web traffic

* files received via Yahoo! Messenger and Windows Live Messenger

Scanning the web traffic may slow down web browsing a little, but it will block malware coming from the Internet, including drive-by downloads.

Though not recommended, you can disable e-mail, web or instant messaging antivirus scan to increase system performance. If you disable the corresponding scan options, the e-mails and files received or downloaded from the Internet will not be scanned, thus allowing infected files to be saved to your computer. This is not a major threat because real-time protection will block the malware when the infected files are accessed (opened, moved, copied or executed).

For a complete description of the Real Time Protection module I recommend you to read the offline manual stored in your PC at installation, found at the following location:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\Support\offlinemanual\html

• blackhawkdoc64
    edited November 2010

To: DanyDan

I apologize but it appears the point has been missed. Let me be more specific. The point here is that this is a feature we have paid for. We want this feature to work. End of story. We gave money to your company for this program and an update service; now we would like the program to perform as advertised. The question of this feature being important to you is second to that.

Secondly in the world of security overlapping layers of protection are considered a benefit. If I wanted a program with minimalistic features I would have bought a solution from a competitor at a much cheaper price. I want the redundant features that have been offered with this program. I also appreciate the fact you do not believe I understand how your program works so I have read your manual again as suggested. I still feel the same as prior to reading the manual. I want the features I have paid for. If there is some bit of information in the manual I have missed explaining why this portion of the program is offering me no additional layers or levels of protection please feel free to explain as my knowledge of your program is not all inclusive however, an explanation that a different layer will catch it anyways is not an acceptable solution for me. I like redundancies.

I understand that disabling the faulty portion of the program is only a recommendation but when we are not seeing an actual solution it is still frustrating for us. I thank you for the suggestion but would like to suggest that next time if this is only a temporary idea please let us know that a permanent solution is in the works and that it is in fact only a temporary work around. If you do not communicate with us what is going on we do not know.

On that note I am going to attempt to update, clear cache, and reboot hoping that the bugs have been worked out.

• It's clear that there is a lack of communication here. I am NOT saying that the issue with the blocked websites is caused by the Scan HTTP traffic option (it's an option not a feature). The issue is due to one of the our cloud servers. Furthermore, I know there are some notifications about this issue on the forums however via email and phones we barely got few replies with a negative feedbacks.

I will double check with my colleagues and let you know. Keep the HTTP scan option enabled, clear cache and temporary files and let me know if the issue still occur.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.